Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2323 2324 [2325] 2326 2327 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3428468 times)

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: You Just Don't Get It Edition
« Reply #34860 on: April 09, 2014, 07:31:28 pm »

I'd probably classify that as a stealth check, to be honest.

"I wish to not be noticed by space or time while I move to X."

"You suddenly appear at X, no one knows how, or even saw you move there.  Not even the ever-present eyes of physics itself saw you move there, what in the actual hell did you do?"

DC 100+ would be my assumption.  It's mainly guess work at this point.

EDIT:  Thar be ninjas heer.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34861 on: April 09, 2014, 07:39:23 pm »

I'd actually make it harder than that, because you're already spotted if you're throwing fireballs.  Now if you had been meditating in a dark room for a week and not doing anything really interesting, I'd go ahead and give you a DC 75 to randomly be somewhere else, but you're saying mid-combat randomly sneak away?  Much harder, at least DC 100.  Usually someone's interested in combat, and physics is a pretty omniscient beast.

Once again though, it's all up to the DM at that point.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34862 on: April 09, 2014, 07:46:30 pm »

Sorry for the testosterone joke, I was trying to portray the absurdity of that argument, but I guess it didn't work out.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #34863 on: April 09, 2014, 08:44:55 pm »

I'd actually make it harder than that, because you're already spotted if you're throwing fireballs.  Now if you had been meditating in a dark room for a week and not doing anything really interesting, I'd go ahead and give you a DC 75 to randomly be somewhere else, but you're saying mid-combat randomly sneak away?  Much harder, at least DC 100.  Usually someone's interested in combat, and physics is a pretty omniscient beast.

Once again though, it's all up to the DM at that point.

You guys are forgetting how the DC is brought down considerably by bending the laws of physics first. If you, say, shrug off a blow that should cut off your head by some almost not possible thing, that's bending. And, as the already bent laws of physics know, if you bend something far enough, it breaks.

Thus, if you lead in by throwing something a little farther than possible, followed by snapping your fingers generating enough friction to start fire, followed by jumping far too high, the DC eventually becomes an easy DC for a level one character, allowing you to light fires with a roll of one.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #34864 on: April 09, 2014, 10:55:19 pm »

Today two friends of mine who are le euphoric STEM majors debated whether or not Classics is a real major.

FearfulJesuit ingemat.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34865 on: April 10, 2014, 02:35:08 am »

A repost from the Dream Thread.

So today I had one of those dreams.
The dreams that I find to be the best thing ever while in them but piss me off to no end when I wake up.

Why?
I dreamt of DF2014 being out....AGAIN. (it still was 0.50, just like the last time (or was it two times?), for all we know it might as well be that)

Although apparently Toady did a pre-release beta of it (remember that I was browsing the forums (on my phone...again) and saw threads mentioning "RC3" (Release Candidate 3), but that kinda thing is not something Toady does, is it), but the new version just came out when I checked it. (and there were less threads about it than I would have expected)

There were other things in that dream, such as me meeting one of my classmates in my town (he doesn't even live there...) or me going through no less than an obstacle course of dead, fallen trees, bushes and what have you, but the DF2014 release was what pissed me off the most when I realized it was just a dream.

Stop teasing me, brain! It hurts! <;'C

Also diarrhea strikes back so I have to stay home again. Kinda annoying since every time I'm supposed to take this one damn exam I get sick and can't do it until next week. I think I've delayed it by a month now.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #34866 on: April 10, 2014, 04:36:58 am »

My ISP shat itself and my internet connection died (along with cable, but that doesn't matter). When it came back on, everything is suuuuuupppperrrrr slooooooowwwww.
The only thing worse than having no internet is have incredibly slow internet.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #34867 on: April 10, 2014, 07:40:30 am »

I would disagree, ha.

Slow internet was normal for many years. We got along just fine with that, and things were worse, before. Admittedly during that period people actually built websites knowing folks weren't going to be coming in with multiple mbit connections, but... whatever.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34868 on: April 10, 2014, 08:03:08 am »

Argh, Dark Souls 2. Who the hell designed these levels?!
Is falling off and dying every couple of minutes really someone's idea of fun? In a game where rolling around like a spazz is the only way to survive a combat, putting so many drops everywhere is just annoying. Also the narrow camera angle doesn't help.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34869 on: April 10, 2014, 08:14:14 am »

Is falling off and dying every couple of minutes really someone's idea of fun? In a game where rolling around like a spazz is the only way to survive a combat, putting so many drops everywhere is just annoying. Also the narrow camera angle doesn't help.
Get good and praise the sun~ ;D

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34870 on: April 10, 2014, 09:49:09 am »

I haven't played it yet, but can you lure the enemy to a less... pit-of-death-y area?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #34871 on: April 10, 2014, 10:23:16 am »

ARTIFICIAL DIFFICULTY

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34872 on: April 10, 2014, 10:23:33 am »

I haven't played it yet, but can you lure the enemy to a less... pit-of-death-y area?

There were a few areas in the first game where luring enemies away from the pits of death wasn't always an option. Cheesing them with bows is a possible option though, unless the way aggro works in DS2 has been changed. I'm still waiting on the PC version to release, so I don't know.

My rage: AVG just installed a toolbar without asking.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #34873 on: April 10, 2014, 10:29:37 am »

So basically the whole game is like the Cave of Giants now? :P
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34874 on: April 10, 2014, 10:31:40 am »

I haven't gotten very far through it, yet.
The part I'm at has no areas which don't involve falling to your doom, though. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 2323 2324 [2325] 2326 2327 ... 3345