Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2324 2325 [2326] 2327 2328 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3425707 times)

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: You Just Don't Get It Edition
« Reply #34875 on: April 10, 2014, 11:03:42 am »

Argh, Dark Souls 2. Who the hell designed these levels?!
Is falling off and dying every couple of minutes really someone's idea of fun? In a game where rolling around like a spazz is the only way to survive a combat, putting so many drops everywhere is just annoying. Also the narrow camera angle doesn't help.
ARTIFICIAL DIFFICULTY
Spoiler: Obligatory (click to show/hide)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #34876 on: April 10, 2014, 11:19:31 am »

Argh, Dark Souls 2. Who the hell designed these levels?!
Is falling off and dying every couple of minutes really someone's idea of fun? In a game where rolling around like a spazz is the only way to survive a combat, putting so many drops everywhere is just annoying. Also the narrow camera angle doesn't help.
ARTIFICIAL DIFFICULTY
Spoiler: Obligatory (click to show/hide)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MRd5-wKICQ

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #34877 on: April 10, 2014, 11:48:36 am »

GODDAMN YOU TAG PRINTERS!!!!

Edit:

Also, fuck customers who treat me like shit when I'm trying to fix their problems. It's not my fault you have a part time IT guy who configured everything like shit. It's not my fault you have no fucking clue which computer is which. It's not my fault you can't even reliably point to the fucking computer the printer is attached to. Jesus fucking christ on a pogo stick, I hate dealing with counter people. Of course I'm the asshole because I'm trying to fix your problem, and of course I deserve all the attitude a witchy, 55-year-old techno-peasant can muster.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 01:27:51 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34878 on: April 10, 2014, 02:05:08 pm »

While playing DF this morning, I had a feeling of deja vu whicj, while rageworthy in of itself, was that I  had once before been playing some DF mod, and while I was watching some miners dig out the side of a mountain in an evil biome, something happened that caused me to ragequit due to some stupid crap that shouldn't have happened.

It so happened that I was playing Genesis Reborn, in a Good/Evil biome(good grassland surrounded by evil mountains), watching my miners dig a bunch of stuff from the mountain. Then I ragequit because the only doctor in the fort was apparently husked by a cloud tht wasn't announced, as the last few clouds had long since dissipated and were in areas the doctor had no reason whatsoever to be in anyway.
Goddamn psychic powers.

I'm also pissed at today's New York Post. While the Post is garbage not fit to wipe my ass with, today's cover had 2/3's of the front page devoted to a picture that was a bit... explicit for a front page picture, along with the associated headline which wasn't very newsworthy. The last 1/3 was the actual frontpage article, which was a blatant political attack on Mayor de Blasio. Neither of these things are really news, much less good for the front page.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34879 on: April 10, 2014, 02:19:37 pm »

GODDAMN YOU TAG PRINTERS!!!!

Edit:

Also, fuck customers who treat me like shit when I'm trying to fix their problems. It's not my fault you have a part time IT guy who configured everything like shit. It's not my fault you have no fucking clue which computer is which. It's not my fault you can't even reliably point to the fucking computer the printer is attached to. Jesus fucking christ on a pogo stick, I hate dealing with counter people. Of course I'm the asshole because I'm trying to fix your problem, and of course I deserve all the attitude a witchy, 55-year-old techno-peasant can muster.
Notalwaysright. com?
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34880 on: April 10, 2014, 05:22:53 pm »

I'm in the worst fucking timezone for anime subtitles.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #34881 on: April 10, 2014, 05:52:08 pm »

What's AotBT anyway?
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34882 on: April 10, 2014, 10:02:49 pm »

I've come to the conclusion that "grill-outs" in my family exist solely for the purpose of exciting as much drama as humanly possible.

When I told my psychologist this, she raised the dose on my anti-depressants. :I
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #34883 on: April 10, 2014, 10:10:18 pm »

When I told my psychologist this, she raised the dose on my anti-depressants. :I
I wonder if they gave advice on that. Surely they did so... o_O

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34884 on: April 10, 2014, 10:11:59 pm »

Nope!
All they did was ask about what side-effects I had from the medicine. :I
I am quite enraged, at the moment.
The Derail Thread

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #34885 on: April 10, 2014, 10:45:31 pm »

Nope!
All they did was ask about what side-effects I had from the medicine. :I
I am quite enraged, at the moment.
This right here? This is why I avoid "professional" mental healthcare like the plague. So much of medicine these days is devoted to pill-pushing for the pharmaceutical giants instead of trying to solve or minimize problems. That's a shitty situation; I know sympathetic words don't mean much from strangers, but even so. :x

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #34886 on: April 10, 2014, 10:54:56 pm »

A girl I used to have feelings for used me like a tool for weeks. Today, she made blatant attacks on people who believe abortion is a moral choice as well as a life choice. (My personal preference is it's the woman's decision and no one should influence it. If she sees a fetus as nothing , that's her choice, likewise if they see it as a human, they do so, etc.) So me being the peacemaker I am, I tell her and the guy I can clearly tell she isn't fond of that they're both right and wrong in their arguments, though both are quite vid (which I wanted to give them acknowledgment for being able to do so). As soon as I began to write, she starts to loose it, saying that religion was brought in as well as making it personal, and here is where the rage part comes in. STUPID BITCH, IT'S ABORTION, OF COURSE IT'S GOING TO BE PERSONAL! And throughout the conversation, not once was religion stated, and I told her that. She goes on and starts to say that saying a woman protecting her child with her life is sexist and wrong. HAVE YOU NEVER SEEN AN ANIMAL MOTHER PROTECT THEIR BABIES EVEN IF THE CHILD IS DEAD BEFORE THEM!? And every human will follow instinct over choice, so protecting your young is obvious! Hell, as soon as she said that, I said she's either going to be a bad mother or has never met a good mother. I know I'm lucky to have a mother like a grizzly; protective and will die for me and my sister without hesitation, but if you say ALL women won't protect their kids, you're obviously a fucking idiot. Next, after a few argument placements later, she blatantly says I'm calling her a murderer for "saying" that women shouldn't have abortions. If you look towards the beginning, as I started with in that conversation, you can tell I never said se was a murderer and I said it's her choice, no matter what the reason is. Then she says I made a parallel to the holocaust and abortion. First of all, I don't take the holocaust lightly; my great grandparents were anti-nazi rebels that had their brothers hung publicly as a warning. Secondly, saying something that I didn't say puts me so up on edge, I did the one thing I knew best; end the argument with the victory I claimed. With her calling things that were lies, I was about to tell her she needs to stop grabbing biased articles as her sources (believe me, they were and she had about one for every argument) and then she says I know nothing about what is going on, and before I get to post, she deletes the entire post, leaving it with only comments I put (probably a glitch on FB). So at this point, I'm almost stark raving mad at her and I'm about to do a mocking congratulations to her... That's when I realized that I probably either hurt her or made her incapable of admitting that she lost the argument, to the point she couldn't take I anymore.

So I'm not mad at this anymore, I'm revelling in the sweetest of rewards, one of the best rushes I felt as I succeeded in getting revenge for her hurting me. Call me an evil bastard if you want; she had it coming to her.
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #34887 on: April 10, 2014, 11:02:40 pm »

.__.

Her argument is really fallacious. :-\
Though, advice for posterity: you could counter bad arguments with advice that would guide them instead of advice that would grind them. Most would only reply with anger and rage and...well, the results aren't kindly.
And, really. The association she put there, isn't.
While she...probably did have it coming to her from your perspective, you could also see that she was lost and probably confused.
Guide her instead of holding her to her error, is what best I could say...

...Though I disagree with that sort of thing being sweetest rewards.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 11:06:38 pm by Tiruin »

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #34888 on: April 10, 2014, 11:09:35 pm »

When you send her a bouquet of flowers as a friendly gesture and she flips out on you, saying you'll never be more then a friend, not only not saying thank you, but after that just using me for rides , free stuff and etc. you know she had it coming. I tried to be constructive at the end with my mocking comment to not be so angered with her arguments but as I said, she deleted the entire thing. Lady doesn't deserve props for holding a good argument despite the anger
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34889 on: April 10, 2014, 11:18:38 pm »

I'm staring at the screen like this :I

On one hand, revenge is the sort of thing that I understand very well. I know that it can feel... Liberating, in a sense.
On the other hand, I generally wouldn't recommend it. I find it to not be worth it, in the end.

But, neither of those viewpoints really matter, because the revenge has been exacted.

I'd like to offer help, but I honestly don't know what to say at this moment.
You've decided your actions, and as far as I can tell, you seem to be at least moderately comfortable with your choice.

If you want further input, we're here for you.
The Derail Thread
Pages: 1 ... 2324 2325 [2326] 2327 2328 ... 3345