Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2325 2326 [2327] 2328 2329 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3416202 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: You Just Don't Get It Edition
« Reply #34890 on: April 10, 2014, 11:31:38 pm »

Seems like there's bias in her perception. :/

Mmph.
If you want further input, we're here for you.
^

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #34891 on: April 10, 2014, 11:32:35 pm »

A girl I used to have feelings for used me like a tool for weeks.
I read this sentence, and somehow, somehow I find myself doubting it is an accurate representation of the situation you are about to describe.
Today, she made blatant attacks on people who believe abortion is a moral choice as well as a life choice. (My personal preference is it's the woman's decision and no one should influence it. If she sees a fetus as nothing , that's her choice, likewise if they see it as a human, they do so, etc.) So me being the peacemaker I am, I tell her and the guy I can clearly tell she isn't fond of that they're both right and wrong in their arguments, though both are quite vid (which I wanted to give them acknowledgment for being able to do so).
People with mutually exclusive opinions are probably not looking for somebody to come in and tell them "don't worry, you're both right". Doesn't mean a thing.
As soon as I began to write, she starts to loose it, saying that religion was brought in as well as making it personal, and here is where the rage part comes in. STUPID BITCH, IT'S ABORTION, OF COURSE IT'S GOING TO BE PERSONAL!
Regardless as to if her accusations were accurate, you aren't exactly demonstrating abortion is personal. You're just asserting it and name-calling. Especially if she meant it was "personal" in that it had been taken out of the debate and applied to the participant's lives, which isn't really acceptable in debating.
She goes on and starts to say that saying a woman protecting her child with her life is sexist and wrong. HAVE YOU NEVER SEEN AN ANIMAL MOTHER PROTECT THEIR BABIES EVEN IF THE CHILD IS DEAD BEFORE THEM!? And every human will follow instinct over choice, so protecting your young is obvious!
That isn't even remotely true, in any sense, at all. For one thing, most species engage in r-type selection, in which many young are born and not significantly cared for at all. While humans are the opposite, k-type, this is the exception rather than the rule. Also, some animals eat the corpses of any young that die. Not exactly the strongest maternal urge there. But furthermore, humans do not have instincts. Humans have drives that can influence their actions, but we do not have "now you must do x" switches in our heads like non-sentients.
Hell, as soon as she said that, I said she's either going to be a bad mother or has never met a good mother.
Name calling again.
Then she says I made a parallel to the holocaust and abortion. First of all, I don't take the holocaust lightly; my great grandparents were anti-nazi rebels that had their brothers hung publicly as a warning. Secondly, saying something that I didn't say puts me so up on edge, I did the one thing I knew best; end the argument with the victory I claimed.
Oh my fucking god, dude. You can't just declare victory in a discussion like that. You certainly can't use "they made me upset based on distant family history" for it, either.
With her calling things that were lies, I was about to tell her she needs to stop grabbing biased articles as her sources (believe me, they were and she had about one for every argument) and then she says I know nothing about what is going on, and before I get to post, she deletes the entire post, leaving it with only comments I put (probably a glitch on FB). So at this point, I'm almost stark raving mad at her and I'm about to do a mocking congratulations to her... That's when I realized that I probably either hurt her or made her incapable of admitting that she lost the argument, to the point she couldn't take I anymore.
At least she had some sources, I don't see you mentioning any.
When you send her a bouquet of flowers as a friendly gesture and she flips out on you, saying you'll never be more then a friend, not only not saying thank you, but after that just using me for rides , free stuff and etc. you know she had it coming. I tried to be constructive at the end with my mocking comment to not be so angered with her arguments but as I said, she deleted the entire thing. Lady doesn't deserve props for holding a good argument despite the anger
And here we come to the crux of what this all seems to be about. You're upset with this chick because she turned you down, and when you did something rather inappropriate for someone who has already been turned down she called you out on it. I'm not really sure you can say she used you if you agreed to do things for her, either. That's on you.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #34892 on: April 10, 2014, 11:51:12 pm »

Can't say much that hasn't just been said, so I think I'll just preempt the whole argument over how okay it is to vent over things here without getting called out on your own contributions to the problem*, and instead ask a question.

Are you more interested in being angry, or in earning sympathy and respect? This is a valid question, not a leading one with an obvious right answer. If you really are just needing a place to get your feelings out, please do not try and defend yourself against any accusations. Ignore them. They're beside the point, and you're just going to feel worse if you try and duke it out with somebody who's got a much cooler head than you. On the other hand, if you want people to agree that you're behaving properly, you're going to have to be calm, respectful, and, above all, willing to step back from making the assignment of blame the point. That sort of thing is how Nice Guys get started.

*I say this because I know that people, when this upset, don't usually handle criticism by calmly stepping back and reassessing the situation.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #34893 on: April 11, 2014, 12:05:25 am »

i recommend time to cool it and move on.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34894 on: April 11, 2014, 12:24:00 am »

Eating my dinner before work. Take a bit into a nice big piece. Crunch... Why did it crunch, it was soft meat... Fuck...
Chipped off the capping of an old chipped tooth on the fork... Can't get it capped today, gotta wait till tomorrow... FML...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #34895 on: April 11, 2014, 12:35:15 am »

Eating my dinner before work. Take a bit into a nice big piece. Crunch... Why did it crunch, it was soft meat... Fuck...
Chipped off the capping of an old chipped tooth on the fork... Can't get it capped today, gotta wait till tomorrow... FML...
eww, i always imagine me swallowing my fillings ever since one dentist overdid a filling and was spitting out silver all day.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #34896 on: April 11, 2014, 03:44:50 am »

I'm actually pro-life on the whole abortion thing, with rather obvious exceptions.

E.g., child will kill mother by being born.

In other words, as long as it's humanly possible, have the child. I know that if I were aborted for less than severe reasons, I'd be frickin' furious.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #34897 on: April 11, 2014, 03:47:48 am »

Technically you'd be dead, but angry ghosts are a thing so you have a point.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #34898 on: April 11, 2014, 03:50:07 am »

Yep, I'd be dead, lol.

But, if you believe various religions, then there's a possibility I'd go somewhere/be reborn. So yay!
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #34899 on: April 11, 2014, 07:43:26 am »

I guess hope it's the latter... or maybe not. Most of what I can recall about afterlife/reincarnation tends to... frankly, not treat the unborn/stillborn/etc. very well.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34900 on: April 11, 2014, 08:06:48 am »

In other words, as long as it's humanly possible, have the child. I know that if I were aborted for less than severe reasons, I'd be frickin' furious.

Gee, I sure wish I'd been aborted.  I'm pretty sure "I don't want to have a kid right now and my fuckin' birth control failed" should be enough.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34901 on: April 11, 2014, 08:16:43 am »

I know that if I were aborted for less than severe reasons, I'd be frickin' furious.

I couldn't help but snicker at this, I'll be honest. Certainly made the rage I came in her to post melt away.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34902 on: April 11, 2014, 09:33:52 am »

Argh, my internet is being terribly slow for no discernible reason.
The provider only just took money from my account, so it can't be cut off for not paying. Maybe it's just my computer, but I doubt it. :-\
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #34903 on: April 11, 2014, 10:14:25 am »

I'm a little late venting this, as it happened some time ago.

As part of a field trip for our geography class, we went to 3 different religious centers in Lewiston. It would happen that there is a lot of Somali immigrants in Lewiston (which is kind of strange since Muslims are pretty rare in the rest of Maine), so we did some activities with a few of them.

For a second, I thought the teachers at this school had done something which wasn't stupid. It was informative, and I enjoyed talking with these Islamic kids, they all seemed so nice. Then the teachers, in their infinite wisdom, decided that it was an amazing idea to explore stereotypes about each of the religions we had learned about that day. The kids from the Islamic center would take part in this activity.

Cards would be handed around, and each one would have a "stereotype" (aka an extremely rude phrase or slur) which you would explain when your turn came. It might have just been me, but the stereotypes about Islam seemed waaay worse than the ones involving Judaism or Christianity. Evidently, our guests thought so as well, based on some of the reactions I saw. Some of them took it really well, laughing at the stereotype and explaining how ridiculous and untrue it was. Others were extremely offended, or even looked like they were going to cry.

In yet another stroke of amazing luck, I had one of the (in my opinion) worst ones their, which I had to read off while sitting directly adjacent to one of the guests, which proved to be a rather unpleasant experience. I have no idea what the teachers were trying to do with this, or how they thought it would help anyone learn anything. It has, however, given me some time to practice writing firm and formally written emails.

[/textwall]

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34904 on: April 11, 2014, 10:18:41 am »

Windows 8.

Fuck you.

I just woke up and I want to play some fucking games and stuff and you auto fucking restart.

Gaaaah >:(
Pages: 1 ... 2325 2326 [2327] 2328 2329 ... 3345