Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2327 2328 [2329] 2330 2331 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3368175 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: You Just Don't Get It Edition
« Reply #34920 on: April 11, 2014, 03:15:28 pm »

Cmega, change your passwords, cite heartbleed as the reason.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #34921 on: April 11, 2014, 03:44:08 pm »

There's an option on Facebook to not show certain people the posts you make. Or does she just read your account?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34922 on: April 11, 2014, 03:51:06 pm »

Cmega, I say this with sincerity -

Start lying.

Make two facebook accounts, and two e-mail accounts. Do not give her access to or even let her know about the existence of these other accounts, and make sure you only post and e-mail people that aren't her.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34923 on: April 11, 2014, 03:53:38 pm »

Does the rest of your computer believe it?

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34924 on: April 11, 2014, 03:55:20 pm »

Why does XCOM EU have a fucking arbitrary 'Only 7 council members can go before we fuck you over' limit.

Fuck.

I just got my third psionic guy along with the hyper wave relay almost built. Fuck you XCOM.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34925 on: April 11, 2014, 04:21:54 pm »

She sounds like my mom.

Cmega, I say this with sincerity -

Start lying.

Make two facebook accounts, and two e-mail accounts. Do not give her access to or even let her know about the existence of these other accounts, and make sure you only post and e-mail people that aren't her.

I agree with this.  Especially--make sure she doesn't know that they exist.  If she finds out about one, make another.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #34926 on: April 11, 2014, 04:24:57 pm »

Why does XCOM EU have a fucking arbitrary 'Only 7 council members can go before we fuck you over' limit.

Fuck.

I just got my third psionic guy along with the hyper wave relay almost built. Fuck you XCOM.
Try the Long War mod, you have to lose every country to lose the game, can reclaim countries by doing base missions, and are entirely capable of fortifying the last remaining nation and riding out the game there (not recommended).
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #34927 on: April 11, 2014, 04:26:00 pm »

You probably want to confront your mother on this once you have the ability to do so without serious consequence.

Until then... cope as best you can, like people have been saying.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #34928 on: April 11, 2014, 04:48:31 pm »

Does the rest of your computer believe it?
Yep.

I can use skype, Fraps, audacity and stuff no problem. Steam just thinks that I have nothing in my audio jack.

I've had this problem before. Skype and Steam VOIP seemed to want to use different audio devices. I think I changed my audio source device either through Steam or the Realtek control panel and that eventually got it to work.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34929 on: April 11, 2014, 04:59:29 pm »

Fuck.

Try the Long War mod, you have to lose every country to lose the game, can reclaim countries by doing base missions, and are entirely capable of fortifying the last remaining nation and riding out the game there (not recommended).

Sadly, I have the console version. If I get that close again I might end up pirating to avoid another two months of not playing it because I'm not feeling like it :P

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34930 on: April 11, 2014, 05:03:08 pm »

I have poison oak on my lips
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34931 on: April 11, 2014, 05:24:24 pm »

I have poison oak on my lips
Is that related to the face swelling you mentioned a couple of days ago?

Either way, hope you get over it soon. I know that the reactions from plants like that are pretty nasty.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34932 on: April 11, 2014, 05:27:15 pm »

You should stop making out with plants. They're toxic for you and will just lead to pain~
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #34933 on: April 11, 2014, 05:31:02 pm »

How else is she supposed to absorb their lifeforce to sustain her unholy existence?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34934 on: April 11, 2014, 05:31:47 pm »

Is that related to the face swelling you mentioned a couple of days ago?

yes

How else is she supposed to absorb their lifeforce to sustain her unholy existence?

keep talking like that and i'll eat all the internal organs you like best

Pages: 1 ... 2327 2328 [2329] 2330 2331 ... 3345