Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2338 2339 [2340] 2341 2342 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3426014 times)

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: You Just Don't Get It Edition
« Reply #35085 on: April 15, 2014, 02:01:44 pm »

"Stealing all the easily steered buses from men" has been a core tenet of feminism since its inception. The candidate Susan B. Anthony voted for was actually running on a platform that would make it illegal for men to drive anything but the most unresponsive and poorly maintained buses.
But of course. Who can forget some of the most important lines from her Speech: "Webster, Worcester, and Bouvier all define a citizen to be a person in the United States, entitled to vote, hold office and drive buses easily steered."
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Redzephyr01

• Bay Watcher
  • Ferrum Cor
    • View Profile
« Reply #35086 on: April 15, 2014, 02:27:56 pm »

"Stealing all the easily steered buses from men" has been a core tenet of feminism since its inception. The candidate Susan B. Anthony voted for was actually running on a platform that would make it illegal for men to drive anything but the most unresponsive and poorly maintained buses.
What exactly would the point of that be?

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #35087 on: April 15, 2014, 02:39:11 pm »

"Stealing all the easily steered buses from men" has been a core tenet of feminism since its inception.
Which is a reason why people seeking gender equality should refer to gender egalitarianism and not feminism.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #35088 on: April 15, 2014, 03:56:01 pm »

I spilled... smoking apparatus water all over my keyboard. Luckily I can still type on it. Unluckily my whole desk area smells nasty.

You start hitting keys and all that prints out is "Dddddduuuuuuuuuuuuuuuudddddddddeeeeeeeeeee"
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #35089 on: April 15, 2014, 03:57:04 pm »

It makes total sense that Penguinofhonors keyboard is actually a prinny in disguise.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #35090 on: April 15, 2014, 03:58:04 pm »

Holy shit, people actually don't read the one post at the end of the page...
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #35091 on: April 15, 2014, 04:38:26 pm »

Also, races aren't really important. Your skin colour doesn't effect who you are. A white person born in China is going to be different from other  white people, but this is because of culture; the whole nature vs nurture thing. But with gender it's different. A woman sees the world the way she does because she's a woman. A man his own way, too.

Equal opportunities, as in women and man can both have the same chance to do what they want, is good. However, equality is a pipe dream, as both are naturally different, instead of in relation to culture (Nurture).

And the feminist movement doesn't even seem to be about equality. It's more exclusive than that. They want their gender to do better.

For example, my dad was a bus river before he retired. The women were given equal everything, but some buses were harder to steer than others. In steps feminism, and now women get all the easier buses to handle, and the men have to do both. That is not equality, nor equal opportunity.

I was going to ask you how far you think the biological differences between genders went, but then I noticed a more pressing question: how far do you think that the arm of feminism reaches?

The hardness of driving an individual bus isn't recorded (I assume) and it isn't something anyone outside that one job would care about.  No bureaucrat or activist would ever know about it.  Depending on how many buses we're talking here individual bus drivers might not even know or agree.   So how would feminism have anything to do with this?

We're not talking individual buses. We're talking makes of bus. There is more than one type or version, and some are harder than others. And the logic "Not anyone outside that job would care about" doesn't really ring true. And trust me, they all agree. I used to ride with my dad on the bus and in the bus yard. They all groaned and hated the same ones. The ones the female drivers didn't drive.

And biological differences speak for themselves. If you don't know what a woman looks like biologically, I'm not going to be the one to describe it to you. However, I'll assume you mean emotionally/mentally.

My answer would be that women and men are different in this regard, though there are those who are more feminine or masculine despite their gender. In social situations, girls are different. I'll not pretend to know much about it, but their social order is different from males.

Physically, again, the differences are obvious. As for the rest, it's almost negligible-women and men are the same on much more than they're different. But in many jobs it is physicality which judges how well a certain person can do something. Say, for example, farming; men tend to have bigger muscles, and so are capable at it. This explains why more men are farmers. If someone were employing farm-hands, men are typically more suited for the job. Were a woman to be equally or more so good at the job, they should either get it or be discounted because someone else is more suitable.

But my point is that because of physical attributes, men and women are different, and therefore tend to have differing jobs that involve physical roles. If the women could not handle the hard-steering buses as well, then those who can't aren't suitable for the job. Either the buses should be updated, or those who can't drive them don't get the job, male or female. You should not raise one gender above the order in offering them the better bus. That is sexism.

http://www.devpsy.org/teaching/gender/sex_differences.html
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35092 on: April 15, 2014, 05:15:33 pm »

Welp. Shut down for repairs again. This time it is after 3 in the afternoon and I'm still shut down. I'm usually in position to pick up my next load by now but today I haven't even started. This was AFTER I had to wait nearly 45 minutes to get my load information, mind.

Two hours later. They haven't even looked at the truck yet, and my dispatcher (not my normal one, this is a temporary fill-in) still won't let me just go home already.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 07:13:00 pm by Sirus »
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35093 on: April 15, 2014, 07:49:55 pm »

On women farmers, for your consideration.

Recognizing the factors restricting women from receiving full compensation for their role in global agriculture is key to alleviating the gender gap in agricultural employment, resources, and development. Women produce 60–80 percent of the food in developing countries but own less than 2 percent of the land. They typically farm non-commercial, staple crops, such as rice, wheat, and maize, which account for 90 percent of the food consumed by the rural poor.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35094 on: April 15, 2014, 07:54:55 pm »

That's interesting. I didn't know it was that high, but 43% is still 7% less than the number of men farmers.

Also, it is probably in countries such as Africa where they have to work.

And besides this, that was merely an example.

Still, that's some new info., thanks for supplying  :P
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35095 on: April 15, 2014, 07:57:03 pm »

My point there was mostly about the crop yielded, where women are producing more food than men.

It is an example, yes, but my retort is also merely an example :P
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #35096 on: April 15, 2014, 07:58:32 pm »

You know, these were not as bad as I'd thought, even thoguh they weren't exactly the ones I'd asked for. And yet as far as graceful headphone death goes, these don't even register on the scale compared to my previous set of headphones. Previous ones last in a vague way for a couple weeks after they're clearly done, these just stop working while I'm not using them and thats the end of it, after not even lasting half as long. Bah.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35097 on: April 15, 2014, 08:11:58 pm »

Can we please stop talking about feminism?

Redzephyr01

• Bay Watcher
  • Ferrum Cor
    • View Profile
« Reply #35098 on: April 15, 2014, 08:22:25 pm »

This.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35099 on: April 15, 2014, 08:25:21 pm »

This.

Of course. You only have to ask. Anytime I get carried away, just tell me; I know I talk a lot.  :)
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 2338 2339 [2340] 2341 2342 ... 3345