Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2341 2342 [2343] 2344 2345 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3383614 times)

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: You Just Don't Get It Edition
« Reply #35130 on: April 16, 2014, 05:54:41 pm »

What Sirius said. That sounds like something out of bad comedy show.
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35131 on: April 16, 2014, 06:04:22 pm »

Don't suppose you have any friends you could move in with? Might get you out a little faster.

Unfortunately, all of my friends are at this point

a. in college dorms or
b. living with their (usually immigrant) parents in seriously cramped conditions

Ah well... all I can do is keep trying.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35132 on: April 16, 2014, 06:06:47 pm »

Welp.

Chin up, I guess. Things will improve soon, for sure.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #35133 on: April 16, 2014, 06:19:59 pm »

Just got away from my Mom, Vector, so I know your feels. There's a particular brand of weirdness all parents own that sucks to be subjected to as an adult offspring. You still can't talk to them at their level, at the end of the day.

Also, thank you all for the new thread title.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 06:21:59 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35134 on: April 16, 2014, 06:20:22 pm »

Today I took my glasses out my pocket and one of the arms fell off for no reason. It would be cheaper to buy new ones than replace the (bog-standard) frame I have, so I'm going to have to try to fix it with superglue.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile

A guy offered to buy this shoebox full of Magic: The Gathering cards off of me and I don't want either of us to be ripped off, so I'm pricing the box card by card. I just did multicolored, black and green cards (no red in the box, so blue, white, lands and artifacts are left) and I go to pull up the next color when I notice something; more black cards. I change my excel sheet to fix that and I go to grab the next color again and guess what happens: I find more multicolored. I swear, if this guy says its too expensive, backs out, or complains, I am going to probably flip a table... I'm also very tempted to jack up the price of some of the cards for a hidden "annoyance fee".

For the record, there are over 300 different cards counted thus far and that's not including the quantity of each... Or the next round of multicolored I found...
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

For sure, I know that that's true.  I just don't understand how she can combine "infected wounds scar badly" and "please put your open wound in bacteria soup" to get "you'll be cured!"
Stump-water is a fine old bit of folklore! You just need to be a folksy backwoods hermit for it to work properly.
There is a small bit of truth in it - water that collects in oak stumps ends up having lots of tannins, which are an astringent and thus occasionally helpful. That then got generalized out to any stump with water in it, and then witches/fairies/voodoo priestesses got involved, and here we are.

Petty Rage: Wind is currently averaging 30mph. You've had the entire damn winter for this, Boreas! I just want to do some gardening work; is that so much to ask?
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

You've had the entire damn winter for this, Boreas!
Listen. You try figuring out what season it is after huffing over a billion cars' worth of exhaust fumes. Frankly, we're lucky we still have weather.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

... now I wonder. Is it physically possible for a person to huff a billion cars worth of exhaust fumes? Nevermind actually surviving the experience, m'just curious if a single lifespan is enough brute time.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile

What's a cars worth of exhaust fumes, the average capacity of the human lungs, and a high rate of breaths per minute?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!

Petty Rage: Wind is currently averaging 30mph. You've had the entire damn winter for this, Boreas! I just want to do some gardening work; is that so much to ask?

The almighty wind careth not for your petty projections of pattern upon the weather. Yea verily, the almighty wind feeleth pestilential today; therefore, if ye go forth for any purpose external to the house, he shall blow mightily and confound thy ends.

You should never move to Cape Town. It is always windy.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

Remembering all the things that made me hate my job is making me irrationally angry.
Thank God I'm out of that place.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

water that collects in oak stumps ends up having lots of tannins, which are an astringent and thus occasionally helpful. That then got generalized out to any stump with water in it, and then witches/fairies/voodoo priestesses got involved, and here we are.
Generally speaking, most stumps would also leech tannins into the water. If you've ever owned an aquarium and just picked up random bits of wood to give to the fishes, even after boiling e.t.c. lots still leech tannins into the water, sometimes for weeks or years.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 03:59:51 am by Loud Whispers »

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile

... now I wonder. Is it physically possible for a person to huff a billion cars worth of exhaust fumes? Nevermind actually surviving the experience, m'just curious if a single lifespan is enough brute time.

What's a cars worth of exhaust fumes, the average capacity of the human lungs, and a high rate of breaths per minute?

Maths time!

Average volume of inhaled air based on a room full of students and a peak flow meter: 650 cm3. As air has a density of around 1.3 kgm-3, that is about 0.8 kg worth of gas.

Rate of Breaths/min for same room: from 15 to 25, giving a nice mean of 20.

Exhaust fumes: According to a quick googlewhack, around 6000 Kg of fumes are released by the average car in a year, mostly CO2.

Simple division suggests then that it would take approx 7500 breaths to inhale the total emissions of a car in one year. At 20 breaths a min, that would be 375 mins (just over 6 hours) of inhaling. So if there are a billion cars... that would be 6 billion hours, or just over 700,000 years. Slightly longer than you are going to live on a diet of exhaust.

This is a blank sig.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile

Remembering all the things that made me hate my job is making me irrationally angry.
Thank God I'm out of that place.
What did you do there, anyway?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.
Pages: 1 ... 2341 2342 [2343] 2344 2345 ... 3345