Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2342 2343 [2344] 2345 2346 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3435827 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

Remembering all the things that made me hate my job is making me irrationally angry.
Thank God I'm out of that place.
What did you do there, anyway?
Started out as a general tech guy, doing electronic stuff on the machine, running the machine, etc.

Then I got moved into a more managerial side of things, shortly before getting fired for not liking working there.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile

My 90 minute train ride home for holidays is getting an hourlong delay at a random station. Can't go to my place, since I'm 400 km away from it, can't go on foot or get my parents to pick me up because It's still way too far.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile

Remembering all the things that made me hate my job is making me irrationally angry.
Thank God I'm out of that place.
What did you do there, anyway?
Started out as a general tech guy, doing electronic stuff on the machine, running the machine, etc.

Then I got moved into a more managerial side of things, shortly before getting fired for not liking working there.
Do you have another place where you want to work in mind?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

Not currently. I'm trying for some freelance stuff, but that's about it.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile

Is it appropriate to still rage at my textbooks?

I mean, studying for a test. Yay. Then fucking evolution makes me angry again, but retreading the closing pages I noticed the fucking thing that made me rage.

Scientists are apparently indoctrinated due to only being taught evolution, and therefore are close minded to alternatives. They set out with the goal to prove evolution.

Creationist professors feel the need to keep quiet about how the earth was created by a guy who has always existed since he began existing.

Interesting.

Tell me more 'Dr. Jay Wile.'

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm sick.
Because wearing my coat during a 12 hour car drive, during wet and cold weather "would leave it wrinkled up" and he "wouldn't want other people to see me like that".
Being sick and having to sleep in a tiny, ice-cold room with 4 people and two small beds didn't improve my situation.
My fathers very, very loud snoring makes it nearly impossible to sleep (confirmed 5-6 hours awake between 22:30 and 6:30) and the height difference between my younger brother and myself makes it impossible to properly cover my neck.

I just hope it doesn't get any worse in the last 3 days we'll be staying here.
I should have taken the offer to watch over the house and our cat and visit my grandmother alone during summer.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile

The program that my computers class uses. We also use it for tests.

The thing is that it's very picky with which answers it will accept. You can do what the question asks you to, but if it isn't done in the exact way that the program wants, then you get marked as wrong.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile

I mean, studying for a test. Yay. Then fucking evolution makes me angry again, but retreading the closing pages I noticed the fucking thing that made me rage.

Scientists are apparently indoctrinated due to only being taught evolution, and therefore are close minded to alternatives. They set out with the goal to prove evolution.

Creationist professors feel the need to keep quiet about how the earth was created by a guy who has always existed since he began existing.

Interesting.

So are tyou raging at the idea evolution is taught?
That creationism isn't?
That creationism is considered by a few people to be a valid alternative to evolution?

I'm not sure what you're raging at here.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile

The program that my computers class uses. We also use it for tests.

The thing is that it's very picky with which answers it will accept. You can do what the question asks you to, but if it isn't done in the exact way that the program wants, then you get marked as wrong.
Story of my life with fucking MyMathLab.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

Yea. Still, at least it's better than the older system. Quite a few people till use it, but most of them are elderly Jewish women.

Perhaps you've heard of it? MyMethLab?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile

Interesting.

So are tyou raging at the idea evolution is taught?
That creationism isn't?
That creationism is considered by a few people to be a valid alternative to evolution?

I'm not sure what you're raging at here.

No no.

Mainly mad at the logic used and how overused it is.

I mean, replace the first few sentences with anything that would make sense, IE Christians and Creationism since that's the topic, and see why I'm angry.

The only reason I put this up is because I wanted to vent.

I myself prefer evolution to Creationism as honestly, it sounds more believable than some always existing thing in the sky that made everything as it is with no change allowed at all.

EDIT: Since I forgot, I would like to say I don't intend to offend.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 11:03:26 am by Iceblaster »

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

I prefer to believe that God just gave things a kick start, but doesn't interfere much.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile

My 90 minute train ride home for holidays is getting an hourlong delay at a random station. Can't go to my place, since I'm 400 km away from it, can't go on foot or get my parents to pick me up because It's still way too far.

Strike up a conversation with a stranger! :)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

There are also evolutionary creationists, of course. But that seems to decrease the further into science you go. A good amount of religious scientists are deists, I believe.

Edit: Ninja'd. Japa is an evolutionary creationist. If you mean that God uses evolution as the "kick start"
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile

I prefer to believe that God just gave things a kick start, but doesn't interfere much.
That's how I view things too. Someone made the universe and designed all the laws and then went out for a cup of metaphysical coffee and hasn't been back since.
Pages: 1 ... 2342 2343 [2344] 2345 2346 ... 3345