Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2354 2355 [2356] 2357 2358 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3425884 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: IT'S FULL OF SPIDERS! Edition
« Reply #35325 on: April 19, 2014, 01:49:05 am »

Unfortunately, in this instance I tried very hard but was literally not able to get anywhere else to live : / The housing market here is terrible. And... well, unfortunately these people were actually not too kind to me.

Also unfortunately, my parents really don't have any friends, so it's difficult to get anyone to take my side in a confrontation.

Thank you for the support, and for the link to the subreddit.  I've been spending the evening reading it, and it's helpful :3
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #35326 on: April 19, 2014, 01:58:28 am »

Also unfortunately, my parents really don't have any friends, so it's difficult to get anyone to take my side in a confrontation.
Mutual support? :D

Thank you for the support, and for the link to the subreddit.  I've been spending the evening reading it, and it's helpful :3
We're all wishing you well despite our distance requirements for that. :P

Edit: ...
*glances at title*
:I
WHY NENJIN.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35327 on: April 19, 2014, 01:59:04 am »

Because spiders are awesome, that's why :p
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #35328 on: April 19, 2014, 02:16:29 am »

... yeah, I thought about switching last names for a bit, to cut off th'father connection. But, well. My last name is currently four letters long, and in full honesty my entire concern about my actual name these days is how long it takes to write. If I actually got around to changing my name, it would be to something like B. Not, like, Bee or whatever. Just the letter. No last name.

Maybe just a dot, I'unno. Would they let you do that? "You... put a dot on the paper." "Yes, that's my signature. You can call me Dot. I spell it with a period."

And jeez, that would have to screw over some database software or another, somewhere out there.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35329 on: April 19, 2014, 03:23:56 am »

OH MY FUCKING GOD SHE JUST CAME IN AND HAD ME TO AGREE TO BRINGING UP A DISCUSSION NEXT TIME SHE DISMISSES ME WITH "THAT'S NOT TRUE," AS OPPOSED TO HER NEEDING TO PUT THE EFFORT IN TO CHANGE HER BEHAVIOR ON HER OWN, BECAUSE SHE CAN'T SLEEP

SAID "WHY DON'T YOU JUST TELL ME MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU KNOW," (APPARENTLY SO THAT, ONCE AGAIN, SHE RETAINS THE POWER TO BE DISMISSIVE IF SHE'S JUDGED THAT I'M WORTH DISMISSING)

SHE EVEN WENT AND DID ONLINE RESEARCH TO SEE IF SHE COULD POSSIBLY HAVE CORRECTLY DISMISSED ME IN THE EXAMPLE I BROUGHT UP EARLIER TODAY

TURNS OUT THAT I ACTUALLY DID GET A DEGREE FROM UC BERKELEY AND NO, THERE IS NOT ANY CONTROVERSY WHATSOEVER ON THAT SUBJECT, OR ANY SUPPORT FOR AN OPPOSING ARGUMENT YOU CAN DREDGE UP

CAN YOU TAKE ANY LESS RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR ACTIONS YOU ASSHOLE

I WROTE DOWN THE AGREEMENT BECAUSE I NEED TO HAVE A PIECE OF PAPER SAYING WHAT SHE AGREED TO, OR ELSE SHE'S GOING TO BE LIKE "WHY ARE YOU PICKING ON ME" WHEN IT ROLLS AROUND; AND EVEN WITH THIS I KNOW FOR A FUCKING FACT THAT SHE'S GOING TO IGNORE OUR AGREEMENT NEXT TIME IT'S INCONVENIENT.  THIS IS JUST SO I HAVE PAPER EVIDENCE FOR MY OWN WELLBEING AND SHE CAN'T GASLIGHT ME ANYMORE.

"YOU NEVER BROUGHT THAT UP BEFORE"

LIKE THIS TIME, BECAUSE I SAID SHE'D HURT ME, LITERALLY JUST THAT, VERBATIM, SHE'S LIKE "YOU DON'T HAVE TO SAY I'M A HORRIBLE PERSON, NORMALLY A PERSON WOULD JUST PRETEND THAT IT HAD ONLY HAPPENED ONCE, EVEN IF IT HAD HAPPENED OVER AND OVER.  YOU DIDN'T HAVE TO SAY I'M ON NOTICE."

STOP MAKING IT ABOUT YOU.  I LITERALLY JUST SAID THAT YOU'D HURT ME AND I WANTED YOU TO STOP.  WHAT THE HELL.

THIS IS SO FUCKING BASIC. I DIDN'T JUST SAY "YOU'RE HURTING MY FEELINGS, PLEASE STOP." I WENT OVER DIFFERENT SITUATIONS AND HOW SHE COULD REACT IN EACH ONE, REMINDING HER THAT IF WHAT SHE WANTS IS MORE CONVERSATIONS, LIKE SHE SAYS, THEN HERE IS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY FOR HER TO TURN A ONE-LINER INTO A CONVERSATION. I SYMPATHIZED WITH HER CONCERNS, I TOLD HER THAT THIS IS NOT ABOUT HER INTENTIONS, AND SO ON AND SO FUCKING FORTH, AND SHE JUST NEEDS MORE AND MORE AND MORE CONCESSIONS UNTIL THERE'S BASICALLY NO AGREEMENT LEFT.

WHAT THE FUCK.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35330 on: April 19, 2014, 04:15:45 am »

I really have no idea what to say in order to console you, other than that I hope you are indeed able to gain independence soon. Hang in there, because, for what it's worth, there are people here for you, even if half them are random people on the internet who you aren't familiar with, we do indeed wish you the best.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35331 on: April 19, 2014, 06:56:57 am »

I am feeling so sad and powerless now, because stuff like that happens to you and I cannot do anything.... :(

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #35332 on: April 19, 2014, 06:59:44 am »

I really hope you get out of there soon Vector
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #35333 on: April 19, 2014, 07:04:37 am »

o_o

I literally shivered at the pure rage in that post. I hope things get better soon.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Octobomb

• Bay Watcher
  • I like pens
    • View Profile
« Reply #35334 on: April 19, 2014, 07:24:10 am »

I am very sorry I can't help you either, Vector, but rest assured there are random internetters all over the world (us) hoping for you.
Good luck.

Quote from: Bay12 Games
We care.
Lots of love Vector, from the Bay12 Games community

Click the link, you know you want to. No mouseover checking, either!
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 07:33:36 am by Octobomb »
I saw 5 people with fedoras in my town yesterday.
They're the special biohazard containment agent, out to deal with m'laria.
Sig
Bay12's resident tea drinkers

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35335 on: April 19, 2014, 07:25:11 am »

I am very sorry I can't help you either, Vector, but rest assured there are random internetters all over the world (us) hoping for you.
Good luck.

We care.
+1

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35336 on: April 19, 2014, 07:34:55 am »

put me on record saying that i can offer you my detached basement

if you're willing to travel to a different continent and learn a language i can assume you had a little contact with

that'd actually be quite fun. i couldn't support you for too long before i had to make you get a job and stuff though, something four months maybe. inbox is open

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35337 on: April 19, 2014, 07:55:16 am »

So is my inbox, I can even take care of the visa.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35338 on: April 19, 2014, 07:59:09 am »

This dream again.
Well, not quite, but apparently Toady posted the May FotF reply and said that it should "hopefully be the last one" (probably in relation to DF2014) and that the newest version has the "[FEATURE_COMPLETE]" and some other tags now (probably just him saying that he was doing the bugfixing now).

Then I was apparently playing the "super pre-release demo" at which point it became a cross of Pokemon (and I was apparently with a Scizor in a town filled with rapidly-breeding Torkoals and I was playing as a rarely-seen evo of that 'mon...Which makes no sense, but I guess dreams don't care) and then fog started to apepar in the whole town and (I think) Armok fanatics decided to raid that place...
Before that, I was in a conversation between a Scizor and two other 'mons, which included stuff like war and politics (or lack thereof for the latter, since there was a bit about "No politics.").

It was weird.
But it was my third DF2014 dream which really pisses me off because I WANT THIS THING RIGHT NOW.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #35339 on: April 19, 2014, 08:00:46 am »

Good luck.

We care.
+1
+2
Pages: 1 ... 2354 2355 [2356] 2357 2358 ... 3345