Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2370 2371 [2372] 2373 2374 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3428256 times)

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: IT'S FULL OF SPIDERS! Edition
« Reply #35565 on: April 24, 2014, 02:11:50 pm »

...Is it sad that the moment you mentioned viruses the notes I've been revising for the last few days were run through in my brain, from the contractile sheaths to bacteriophages and their life cycles? And also how they get into a cell, and some have transcriptase which turns RNA into DNA which implements itself into the DNA code of the host cell, driving it hard like a monkey until it produces new viruses, gives them protein coats and them succumbs to cell lysis, which releases up to a thousand kiddy viruses?
How's that bad for you?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #35566 on: April 24, 2014, 02:15:04 pm »

...Is it sad that the moment you mentioned viruses the notes I've been revising for the last few days were run through in my brain, from the contractile sheaths to bacteriophages and their life cycles? And also how they get into a cell, and some have transcriptase which turns RNA into DNA which implements itself into the DNA code of the host cell, driving it hard like a monkey until it produces new viruses, gives them protein coats and them succumbs to cell lysis, which releases up to a thousand kiddy viruses?
Nope.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35567 on: April 24, 2014, 02:54:20 pm »

Another godawful shitty day. Had a headache, tired. Didn't have coffee because nobody in my house seems to know how to do dishes(except me, because that's my job). The only chance I got to have any was some untouched leftover coffee from a catering. Then I remembered why I put sugar and creamer in my coffee. What kind of sick masochist drinks straight black coffee? I imagine it's the person who says "I like my morning joe the way I like my BDSM gear: black, scalding, and with a mistress in 5in. heels whipping my scrotum mercilessly." Because that's what it tasted like.

I was stuck at work an extra hour because the bus never showed up and the bus company's policy is not to send a replacement but instead leave people stranded for the next bus, and allow them to become so dangerously overcrowded that they have to refuse service to people who are already an hour late because the previous bus never showed. And on that bus I got to watch someone throwing up.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35568 on: April 24, 2014, 04:01:30 pm »

Another godawful shitty day. Had a headache, tired. Didn't have coffee because nobody in my house seems to know how to do dishes(except me, because that's my job). The only chance I got to have any was some untouched leftover coffee from a catering. Then I remembered why I put sugar and creamer in my coffee. What kind of sick masochist drinks straight black coffee? I imagine it's the person who says "I like my morning joe the way I like my BDSM gear: black, scalding, and with a mistress in 5in. heels whipping my scrotum mercilessly." Because that's what it tasted like.
I need to try black coffee sometime, you make it sound very enjoyable.

I was stuck at work an extra hour because the bus never showed up and the bus company's policy is not to send a replacement but instead leave people stranded for the next bus, and allow them to become so dangerously overcrowded that they have to refuse service to people who are already an hour late because the previous bus never showed. And on that bus I got to watch someone throwing up.
You should move to Russia, our public transport works like clockwork.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35569 on: April 24, 2014, 04:10:17 pm »

I need to try black coffee sometime, you make it sound very enjoyable.

excuse me sir i'm looking for zozo could you please tell me where it is located thank you

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #35570 on: April 24, 2014, 04:29:45 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #35571 on: April 24, 2014, 04:59:13 pm »

In Soviet Russia, Soviet Russia visits you!
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #35572 on: April 24, 2014, 05:00:59 pm »

When not in Soviet Russia, Soviet Russia visits you!
FTFY
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35573 on: April 24, 2014, 05:05:43 pm »

Dark Souls 2 came out five minutes ago and I'm stuck here at work.

It's going to be a long night.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35574 on: April 24, 2014, 05:34:11 pm »

My roommate went to work 2 hours early so he could leave early and play, AND took tomorrow as a vacation day.  :)
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #35575 on: April 24, 2014, 05:37:28 pm »

Stay strong, Sunbro.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #35576 on: April 24, 2014, 05:38:12 pm »

Just got home and it's going to take me 2 hours to D/L. I should have pre-ordered sooner so I could have pre-loaded.

Black Coffee

I have a lot of coffee purists at work who give me a lot of shit about my cream and sugar. (I adore coffee.)

And to me, black coffee is like drinking a scaldingly hot, flavorless yet bitter liquid that leaves your mouth feeling like you were sucking on nickel and your stomach like it's full of HCL. And I see people drinking black coffee in the morning like you see stressed out people drink booze, like it hurts. Mornings already suck enough for me, I can't imagine my morning starter being something I have to tolerate rather than savor.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #35577 on: April 24, 2014, 05:44:25 pm »

Just got home and it's going to take me 2 hours to D/L. I should have pre-ordered sooner so I could have pre-loaded.

Black Coffee

I have a lot of coffee purists at work who give me a lot of shit about my cream and sugar. (I adore coffee.)

And to me, black coffee is like drinking a scaldingly hot, flavorless yet bitter liquid that leaves your mouth feeling like you were sucking on nickel and your stomach like it's full of HCL. And I see people drinking black coffee in the morning like you see stressed out people drink booze, like it hurts. Mornings already suck enough for me, I can't imagine my morning starter being something I have to tolerate rather than savor.
Tea is the answer. No sugar, just milk. Beautiful, delicious tea.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #35578 on: April 24, 2014, 05:47:14 pm »

Tea lacks the punch I require in the morning, both in terms of body and caffeine. I'm seriously not sure if I could hold down an adult life had I not found coffee at the age of 15 or so. I'm that opposed to waking up and functioning before I want to.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #35579 on: April 24, 2014, 05:48:19 pm »

Tea lacks the punch I require in the morning, both in terms of body and caffeine. I'm seriously not sure if I could hold down an adult life had I not found coffee at the age of 15 or so. I'm that opposed to waking up and functioning before I want to.
Solution

:P
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 2370 2371 [2372] 2373 2374 ... 3345