Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2373 2374 [2375] 2376 2377 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3428798 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: IT'S FULL OF SPIDERS! Edition
« Reply #35610 on: April 25, 2014, 04:56:20 am »

I made it myself!
Admittedly I probably fucked up the darkness of the chocolate by melting down a few dark chocolate bars and crumbling bacon into it before freezing the thing, it was worth it.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #35611 on: April 25, 2014, 07:26:03 am »

Doing it on Sunday isn't procrastinating :/

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35612 on: April 25, 2014, 07:27:32 am »

Doing it on Sunday isn't procrastinating :/
That's nothing, I remember always beginning my homework only after the deadline.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #35613 on: April 25, 2014, 07:32:15 am »

Before college, the only time I started working on an assignment more than 24 hours before it was due was when it was a group project.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35614 on: April 25, 2014, 07:34:25 am »

I've fucking had it with this car. Battery is dead again. On top of that, I slept through my alarm, and my boss isn't responding to his cell phone. It's going to be a lovely day.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #35615 on: April 25, 2014, 09:08:55 am »

Before college, the only time I started working on an assignment more than 24 hours before it was due was when it was a group project.
We had a single group project in this one class a few years ago. It had an exceptionally distant deadline, about a third of the school year away. My group did essentially nothing until the week before the deadline (ignored me being worried about getting nothing done as well), finished the entire thing within that time, and clearly invoked some sort of deity in the process, because we ended up in second place out of four. When all three of the other groups had actually been working on it the entire time, not just the single week beforehand.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35616 on: April 25, 2014, 09:10:39 am »

I hate group projects.

Not because they're usually boring, but because I'd rather have full control over what goes into the end product.

Call be asocial all you want :P

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #35617 on: April 25, 2014, 09:38:46 am »

I hate group projects.

Not because they're usually boring, but because I'd rather have full control over what goes into the end product.

Call be asocial all you want :P
I don't think that's asocial at all, it's realism. Most group projects are one person who wants to get this shit right, and a bunch of people who want someone else to do their work for them. This is true even in the business world, btw. My job is basically harassing the freeloaders into doing their part of the proejct on a regular basis.  :P

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #35618 on: April 25, 2014, 10:56:37 am »

So, what you're saying is, by continuing to slack off, we provide you with job security? I'm a helper!
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35619 on: April 25, 2014, 11:36:24 am »

The amount of research that went into this article is baffling.

All the games-related criticisms are either selling points (for me) or just wrong.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35620 on: April 25, 2014, 11:43:31 am »

All the games-related criticisms are either selling points (for me) or just wrong.
Oh? I got the impression that this is just a console, but shittier.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35621 on: April 25, 2014, 12:01:12 pm »

Oh? I got the impression that this is just a console, but shittier.
I'm not actually defending the console (I haven't used it) but quite a bit of the article smacks of someone glancing at a summary and making assumptions. It doesn't include a controller because it works with any Bluetooth controller and isn't solely a games console. It could have a killer app because Double Helix are the killer developers of Killer Instinct.
and not an interesting enough one to hardcore gamers.
This isn't supported by the article. It's correct at the moment, but not supported. Yes, I am nit picking here.
Casual gamers don’t care to purchase a forty dollar controller to play Angry Birds.
This doesn't make sense. Angry Birds isn't on Fire TV. They could purchase a twelve dollar controller and play Terraria though.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #35622 on: April 25, 2014, 01:13:31 pm »

I had to go to a party of the 50th wedding anniversary of some people that are friends (i think) of my grandparents.
It wasn't bad, but it sort of frustrates me to lose my free time on a friday afternoon.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35623 on: April 25, 2014, 01:19:12 pm »

I had to go to a party of the 50th wedding anniversary of some people that are friends (i think) of my grandparents.
It wasn't bad, but it sort of frustrates me to lose my free time on a friday afternoon.
%0 years in a marriage - that's impressive.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35624 on: April 25, 2014, 02:01:30 pm »

%0 years in a marriage - that's impressive.
My grandparents had their 50th a few years ago. It was a huge milestone for them that they deserve to celebrate, and I got to meet a lot of family I had never even heard of before.

Unfortunately, my grandmother was on a shitton of pain meds after falling and breaking her hip a few months prior, so the only feasible place to hold the celebration was at their home. In Minnesota. In December.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.
Pages: 1 ... 2373 2374 [2375] 2376 2377 ... 3345