Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2374 2375 [2376] 2377 2378 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3428799 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: IT'S FULL OF SPIDERS! Edition
« Reply #35625 on: April 25, 2014, 02:35:08 pm »

Shift+50

Capitalized 50. Even more impressive than 50, just less comprehensible. Hat tip for being consistent on capitalizing the first symbol of a sentence, though. Even if it completely buggered the meaning.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #35626 on: April 25, 2014, 02:38:51 pm »

Before college, the only time I started working on an assignment more than 24 hours before it was due was when it was a group project.
Only before?

Okay, that's actually fair enough if you count researching as work. :|

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #35627 on: April 25, 2014, 03:24:17 pm »

One of my special powers is the ability to make whatever task I am assigned fit exactly whatever time I give it - start it 2 weeks before a deadline? Why, marvel as I inflate every aspect of it to take exactly 2 weeks. Leave it to 12 hours before submission? 12 hours of frantic work later and it is done, to just as high a standard as the 2 week effort. I suspect some kind of temporal shenanigans are afoot.
This is a blank sig.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #35628 on: April 25, 2014, 03:37:56 pm »

I have the habit of completing stuff half an hour before it's due.
I should probably stop that.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35629 on: April 25, 2014, 03:45:52 pm »

I usually look over every project or assignment that I get when I get it, estimate based on past experience how long it will take, and start it that long before it's due, maybe with a 10% safety zone.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #35630 on: April 25, 2014, 03:47:58 pm »

I complete all college tasks when they are due.  Now, I might not have printed them off, or actually be in class... but hey, its done.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35631 on: April 25, 2014, 04:25:09 pm »

Re: Homework. I'm very bad at starting, but once I have started it goes along much more smoothly.

Re: Rage:

DS2 still won't start without crashing. I've tried re-installing my drivers, as well as trying to follow various other advice on the internet to get the game to work.

One of them was to go into my graphics card's manager and change some of those settings.

One problem. This is what it looks like on 'advanced mode'.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I've tried going to AMD's site and reinstalling everything again, including the control center, and it still looks like this. They are all the recommended versions for my computer.

Edit: uninstalled graphics drivers. Reinstalled everything again. Now computer is stuck at 800x600 resolution. I may have to roll back my system. Granted, it's not like I would lose much.

Edit2: And now my mom's boyfriend is pulling his shit again. My mom and I have no choice when it comes to meals. It's always what he wants. Even when we go to restaurants we can only have what he's eating. We've thrown out already prepared meals because he's decided he doesn't want to eat it and demands something else.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 06:03:44 pm by BlackFlyme »

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35632 on: April 26, 2014, 12:35:12 am »

For the first time in my life today, I encountered a "blog post" on a "blog" which I felt compelled to comment on.

Apparently to comment on a blog you have to create an account on a different website you don't care about, create your own completely unwanted blog, spend half an hour checking options making sure it won't spam your email with messages about your blog which you didn't want, and then finally go to post the comment only to discover that it doesn't work because of some kind of unresolved glitch on their end! (Also you can never delete this account ever)

Apparently I could also post it with my Google account that I specifically never want linked to anything besides GMail. Or I guess I could create a whole new Google account for the purpose of submitting a single comment? I was pretty into the idea of posting this comment but is it worth introducing a whole new Google account's worth of hassle into my life??

The internet has let me down today and I am mad.  >:(

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35633 on: April 26, 2014, 12:49:04 am »

I'm actually a fan of things like Facebook integration for things like that. I just say "Sign in with Facebook", and then tell it to post on my wall so that only I may see the posts. That way, it doesn't spam everyone else with any posts it might submit, and in the practical sense, I've never actually seen any of the posts it purports to slap up on my wall.

The upside of the integration is that I can just one-click on the sites with it. The downside is that any information on my Facebook, they potentially have access to. Good thing I don't actually have anything important on that, like my street address (hah, like I'd give FACEBOOK my STREET ADDRESS. Keep dreaming, Zucky. (I'm sure you already have it from my Android, though :P)

Google+ can go hang, though. I'm glad Google seems to be getting the same idea, finally.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #35634 on: April 26, 2014, 04:22:18 am »

I don't like facebook integration. I don't want everyone to know what I do on the internet and then bully me for "being a nerd"

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35636 on: April 26, 2014, 04:39:54 am »

Well screw you then, Namco. <.<
That's like putting a patent on happiness or something.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35637 on: April 26, 2014, 04:48:50 am »

Good thing that it's expiring next year, but still, that's the most stupid patent I've seen in a while.
Not that I've seen many patents to begin with.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35638 on: April 26, 2014, 05:05:27 am »

...hang on I'll be right back.

How about patenting nuclear fusion caused by the pressure from massive gravitational forces? That one could come in valuable.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35639 on: April 26, 2014, 05:07:00 am »

...hang on I'll be right back.

How about patenting nuclear fusion caused by the pressure from massive gravitational forces? That one could come in valuable.

You know, patenting happiness for the sake of this thread would not be the worst of ideas.
* DarkDXZ shifts his eyes
Pages: 1 ... 2374 2375 [2376] 2377 2378 ... 3345