Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2399 2400 [2401] 2402 2403 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3426971 times)

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile

Satifycing?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

I don't mind it at all. It's an easy way to show how language has developed further on from 2000s English and still keep it understandable.

New materials often are given names which are combinations of two existing words, anyway. Satisfycing as a modern word is literally the combination of satisfying and sufficing.

*sigh* That means it's adequate.

Also it sounds kinda stupid.

Although I guess I've done this too, as I do enjoy the sound and concept of "flustrated."
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!

I'm on Nerjin's side with this. And since when does the Bay value convenience over intrigue and complexity? For shame.

So, it's nothing to do with sci fi, except that it is where you encounter these denatured swears?

I don't mind 'em at all. The less people who swear over trivial things the better. For, in a bad mood the swearer has nothing to fall back onto except a list of his usual obscenities. One normally clean-tongued, in a bad mood, can shock and startle those around him with his knowledge of the darker side of vocabulary. Or so I've found. :P
Precisely.

Oh elf. I know I'm not very elf, but I shave so I'm technically in the same category as you. Anyways: <3 Never change.

Edit: also flustrating is the best word ever hello is this webster it is now in the dictionary
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 07:30:09 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

*sigh* That means it's adequate.
Actually... s'more along the lines of "take the first working thing and move the hell on", from when I've encountered it. Is specifically a management/decision making technique. Don't think I've seen it used anywhere else, praise zeus.

Totes agree it's about the most stupid sounding thing I've ran into in a while, though. Definitely the sort of thing you'd see coming out of the same field that coined "rightsizing". The doublespeak is strong in that vocation. Of course they'd pull a word out of their arse that basically means "we're taking the first thing that functions in any sense, regardless of how terrible it is, because we're in a hurry."
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile

It's absolutely infuriating finding decent fitting clothes at a walmart in the south. Especially south texas. It's all either freaking huge or way too small. And for pants they're all made for short little midgets given I had the bad luck to end up being a tall.

I kinda wanna just binge on icecream and raocow now or something.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile

I have encountered a ridiculously frustrating mission in Shadowrun Returns.
It's not just that it's hard, but how the difficulty is increased- I'd been doing so well in this level only to be stopped by some small, arbitrary detail. Makes me want to, I don't know, do something else. Like grate my fingertips and dunk them in lemon juice.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!

It's absolutely infuriating finding decent fitting clothes at a walmart in the south. Especially south texas. It's all either freaking huge or way too small. And for pants they're all made for short little midgets given I had the bad luck to end up being a tall.

It doesn't get better anywhere else, either. I have seen clothes shops selling pants with a waistline closer to 28" diameter than circumference, as the smallest size available. It's not even uncommon.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

It doesn't get better anywhere else, either. I have seen clothes shops selling pants with a waistline closer to 28" diameter than circumference, as the smallest size available. It's not even uncommon.

Aah, I know those feels. I've basically got a choice between going to the section for early teenaged boys to get stuff that's a proper fit on the waist and body but far too short on the legs and sleeves, or going to the men's section and finding that the smallest size available is XXL Wide Load. :|

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

@replacement swears

They're a big pet peeve for me. You don't have to swear. It's very, very easy to not swear. But you know, you can just not say sentences that require swearing. You don't have to act like you're going to swear and then substitute another word for it. Just don't require it in the first place.

People voluntarily putting censorship and bleeping in their work (youtube mostly) bothers me more. I can understand to a point on live recorded stuff (though really, if you can't record anything live without swearing then maybe you shouldn't be trying to make family friendly videos that way). But on scripted things you can just not write swearing into your script.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

Aah, I know those feels. I've basically got a choice between going to the section for early teenaged boys to get stuff that's a proper fit on the waist and body but far too short on the legs and sleeves, or going to the men's section and finding that the smallest size available is XXL Wide Load. :|
It's not so great being short'n'fat, either, guys.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile

But then you can just rock a mumu! :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!

I would consider paying for:

a) A picture of MZ in a muumuu
b) Some of the hospital fees of whoever made him put it on.

Although, I could probably 'shop a muumuu onto a picture, so maybe not the former.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile

Pants are one of the few things that I absolutely refuse to buy at walmart or other superstores. Spending an extra $10-$15 at a dedicated clothes store for a pair that fits better and lasts much longer is almost always worth it IMO.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

@replacement swears

They're a big pet peeve for me. You don't have to swear. It's very, very easy to not swear. But you know, you can just not say sentences that require swearing. You don't have to act like you're going to swear and then substitute another word for it. Just don't require it in the first place.
... yeah, censorship and stuff like h*ll get on my nerves a little, but I like replacement swears. Especially when they're used -- and actually used, in the medium the replacement swear is being used in -- either interchangeably or in subtly different situations. Frumple supports any and all expansions to the breadth and depth of the world's vulgarity, particularly when it adds variations suited to rhyme and whatnot. Euphemisms or loan words are admittedly more fun when you want to swear "without swearing", but new words are fine, too.

It's not like they didn't (/don't) have dozens of different ways of saying Satan. I'm fine with new ways of saying other stuff, too.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile

Two words: vanity sizing.

It's pretty bad in paranormally skinny Italy, so in USA with its obesity (no offense) it must be absolutely horrible.
Pages: 1 ... 2399 2400 [2401] 2402 2403 ... 3345