Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2402 2403 [2404] 2405 2406 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3428996 times)

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile

What do you do if it's still living? Say, with a broken leg?

FINISH HIM! (*rips moose's spine out*)
Ok if a moose has a broken leg i'm still not going near those fuckers, that just means its even more pissed off.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

Not quite the same thing, but my dad ran over a rabbit and broke its leg. He then spent as long as it took getting it back to health, then released it back to the wild. No eating commenced XD.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

What do you do if it's still living? Say, with a broken leg?

Request backup.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile

Not quite the same thing, but my dad ran over a rabbit and broke its leg. He then spent as long as it took getting it back to health, then released it back to the wild. No eating commenced XD.

Oh god, I read that quickly, and the first time I thought he nursed a MOOSE back to health.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

@replacement swears

They're a big pet peeve for me. You don't have to swear. It's very, very easy to not swear. But you know, you can just not say sentences that require swearing. You don't have to act like you're going to swear and then substitute another word for it. Just don't require it in the first place.

People voluntarily putting censorship and bleeping in their work (youtube mostly) bothers me more. I can understand to a point on live recorded stuff (though really, if you can't record anything live without swearing then maybe you shouldn't be trying to make family friendly videos that way). But on scripted things you can just not write swearing into your script.
People with problems with swearing don't seem to understand what swearing -is-. The word ... Doesn't matter. At all. Swearing is in the intent. I could call you a knuckle-licking horse rider and you should be just as offended, if I had called you a cock-sucking maggot. Because either way, I'm expressing displeasure and anger at you, and want you to know, as well as disrespecting you.

Words can't hurt you, they can never hurt you, but people who say "sticks and stone" don't realize that while words can't hurt, it's never been the words that have been doing the harm, but the intent behind them. Knowing that someone disrespects, and even hates you, like that is what does the hurting, not the words they use.

Edit: Of course, it still works with non-offending swearing, like to express pain or frustration or to decorate your sentences. It's still not the words that matter, but the intent. Of course, with sentence-decoration, having words that OTHER people also see as sentence-decorators helps, because it's not really decoration if they don't recognize it as such. :v
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 01:55:53 pm by Descan »
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Mnt Dew & Circuses Edition
« Reply #36050 on: May 05, 2014, 01:58:36 pm »

Bleh, all but confirmed being out of work for three months. Not quite sure how I'll manage that, since my jobfinding skills are not that good. Hopefully something lucky will happen or I can convince my stepdad to let me pass for at least a month's rent.

Dish washing sucks, unless you do it immediately after you've used the dishes you're washing. Then it's pretty easy since the food hasn't had time to dry out and stick to the dishes.
I do that, wash them as soon as I'm done using them. Then my parents throw them right back into the sink with all the stuff they use and leave in there for days until there's nothing left to use.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

Descan, you are a garrotting horse whispering happy man! :P
HOW OFFENSIVE
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Words can't hurt you, they can never hurt you, but people who say "sticks and stone" don't realize that while words can't hurt, it's never been the words that have been doing the harm, but the intent behind them. Knowing that someone disrespects, and even hates you, like that is what does the hurting, not the words they use.
This is an argument I have been making for so long Descan, and it pleases me to see it spread virulently as information is want to do.

████ YEAH FOR ████ING ████ SPEECH

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile

A thread I made got lit on fire due to multiple posters turning it into a political battleground. I locked it and left it at Toady's mercy.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

A thread I made got lit on fire due to multiple posters turning it into a political battleground. I locked it and left it at Toady's mercy.

Knit, please don't talk about forum drama, of any stripe, here. I appreciate it's rage worthy, but I don't really want Russia and/or Ukraine invading this thread to pick up where your's left off.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile

Okay, I won't. Sorry. Didn't realise the fire could spread.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile

Counter point: PTSD.

Don't talk about rape around a rape victim. Or use "rape" to mean soundly defeating someone in a video game. No matter your intent, it still causes problems.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site

You duck gobbling sticky skinned green fisted back-waddler.
Your aunt puts yellow sticks up her nose and dances with dogs.
Why don't you eat some raspberries, and extrude cheese from your ears?
You like to rub mayonnaise on your elbows and go swimming in oatmeal, don't you?
You're the most egregious example of girth-challenged homosapian I've ever had the pleasure to witness.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile

Drawing, all is good.
Oh wait. I accidentally turned that man into a thalidomide baby.

damn it hands why can't i draw you
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site

Counter point: PTSD.

Don't talk about rape around a rape victim. Or use "rape" to mean soundly defeating someone in a video game. No matter your intent, it still causes problems.

I'm no expert, But I would think that would only delay their recovery to keep pandering to them.

I'm NOT saying running up to them and shouting it to their face is a good idea, but giving the word magic power over you is silly to me. I would think the real triggers would be more subtle, like if the rapist wore black, to be afraid of people who wear black. Or if the rapist stank of a particular cologne... It's unlikely a rapist chanted 'rape rape rape rape' as he did it to make the term for the act a PTSD trigger...

I got physically sick for years just from thinking about cranberries or other berry juices, or seeing the letters 'MTX' even if the context was a car stereo brand instead of the (cranberry flavored) chemotherapy drug. But instead of hiding from the fruit juice aisle and the electronics store, I got on with life, and it doesn't bother me anymore.

Anyway there are browser plugins to change words into other words, if that's a signifigent problem, just like there are plugins to stop .gif animations for photosensitive.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.
Pages: 1 ... 2402 2403 [2404] 2405 2406 ... 3345