Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2428 2429 [2430] 2431 2432 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3382600 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

My old roommate would rearrange the apartment every week, including the kitchen. Sometimes the trash was under the sink, sometimes it was under the bar divider, sometimes it was way over in a corner behind a shoji screen. Just when I would get used to where to put my trash, the trash can would move again. It was infuriating.
yeeeeuuppp that's about the point I would start setting people on fire

Or take the ruddy trash can from them. They obviously cannot handle the responsibility of waste disposal receptacles.

I like being able to walk through my house in the dark with my eyes closed and not trip over something that wasn't there last month yesterday.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile

My old roommate would rearrange the apartment every week, including the kitchen. Sometimes the trash was under the sink, sometimes it was under the bar divider, sometimes it was way over in a corner behind a shoji screen. Just when I would get used to where to put my trash, the trash can would move again. It was infuriating.
yeeeeuuppp that's about the point I would start setting people on fire

Or take the ruddy trash can from them. They obviously cannot handle the responsibility of waste disposal receptacles.

I like being able to walk through my house in the dark with my eyes closed and not trip over something that wasn't there last month yesterday.
Oh yea, that too. Many a bruised shin and stubbed toe from running into crap that wasn't there 5 hours ago.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

I think img.ie is broken. Time to reupload to imgur!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Depending on your view, a message touching and emotional, or a hypocritical piece of crap.
I'm leaning on the latter. (No such thing as moderation there?)
Hypocritical? How so? An alcoholic can still point out others drinking themselves to death are drinking themselves to death.

I am of the opinion that this is EPIC I LIKE IT UPBOAT

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile

I think my first attempt at rectifying the circumstance would be to buy a few more of those little, cheapo $4 trashcans and placing one in each location. :P

That said yeah, I hate it when people rearrange stuff at random (barring organizing things, which I do occasionally when they've deteriorated too far).
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Fuck Nature Edition
« Reply #36440 on: May 09, 2014, 02:50:46 pm »

It looks like I'm not the only person getting screwed by their employer. My sister's job seems to be refusing to pay her.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #36441 on: May 09, 2014, 02:56:28 pm »

It looks like I'm not the only person getting screwed by their employer. My sister's job seems to be refusing to pay her.
That's always fun.

I remember when an employer asked us all to hold off till Monday on cashing our paychecks (prior to direct deposit). I think most us began shopping our resumes around that afternoon.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What makes it even better is that she recently injured herself on the job, and then was forced to do heavy lifting(which caused the injury) despite strict doctor's orders not to.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Moghjubar

• Bay Watcher
  • Science gets you to space.
    • View Profile
    • Demon Legend

I think my first attempt at rectifying the circumstance would be to buy a few more of those little, cheapo $4 trashcans and placing one in each location. :P

That said yeah, I hate it when people rearrange stuff at random (barring organizing things, which I do occasionally when they've deteriorated too far).

Thats why you bolt stuff to the ground, obviously.
Steam ID
Making things in Unity
Current Project: Demon Legend
Also working on THIS! Farworld Pioneers
Mastodon

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile

RAGE:
Veto power and "You can't question me" power.
I hate it when I feel like I don't have ability to decide anything.
Don't worry, eventually you'll get your own children to dominate with your innate superiority.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

"By the time I knew my father was right, I had a son who knew I was wrong."
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

Love it.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile

« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 04:33:57 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

Love it.

Thing is, I don't even know where it's from. It just stuck to me, much as Mill saying "Better to be Socrates dissatisfied than a fool satisfied, better to be a man dissatisfied than a pig satisfied" did.

I have a notion it's some speaker/television person? Not that that's a wide area :P
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36449 on: May 09, 2014, 04:33:26 pm »

That's always fun.

I remember when an employer asked us all to hold off till Monday on cashing our paychecks (prior to direct deposit). I think most us began shopping our resumes around that afternoon.

In my one (awful) past experience with proper employment, I was lucky if I'd get my paycheck sooner than 2 weeks after the payday.

It was apparently my responsibility to personally meet with the finance person to recieve it, despite the fact that they worked irregular hours one day a week when I wasn't in, weren't allowed to answer the phone, and their email address couldn't be shared for privacy reasons.

Cue boss chewing me out for not cashing it by the end of the month, despite my best efforts.
Pages: 1 ... 2428 2429 [2430] 2431 2432 ... 3345