Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2431 2432 [2433] 2434 2435 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3425164 times)

Owlga

• Bay Watcher
  • Turbo times two
    • View Profile

I still think the trackpad complaints are funny whenever I see janet playing FPSs with her trackpad and built in keyboard. She even taught me how to do it and I gotta say, it works pretty damn well.
Quote from: Cupaketan
if u cant taek a cake, dont do a bake, in a kitchen
so u hav2 leve it ok bc its 2 hot 4u
Owlga is the chillest anime girl ever.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

You have a point with laptop stands and things. Those are acceptable.

I will point out though that I cannot stand trackpads. I must have a mouse. MUST. Thus I require a flat surface nearby. Even a couch cushion has been used in previous dire circumstances.
When typing this message, everything I used the mouse for, I did with the mouse on the top of my head. Flat is relative when you've got an optical mouse :P

Little awkward, but surprisingly easy. Given some practice, I could see getting pretty proficient at it.

I usually default the pants leg when nothing else is available, though. Or, as I said, bring a book. Books make excellent mousepads so long as they're not too shiny.

I still think the trackpad complaints are funny whenever I see janet playing FPSs with her trackpad and built in keyboard. She even taught me how to do it and I gotta say, it works pretty damn well.
I've done that in desperation... it's viable, just painful. Extended trackpad use makes my wrist hurt :(
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile

My mom's boyfriend's laptop has a tiny trackpad compared to other laptops I have seen.

It doesn't help that the mouse buttons are above the trackpad, and I'm used to them being below it.

Could be worse, as I've seen laptops that didn't have a trackpad, and instead had a little ball-like thing in the middle of the keyboard.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile

Dear trackpad lovers:

Trackpads are an affront to your God.

Don't have a God? You do now. It's called your trackpad, you idol worshiping heathen.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile

...and instead had a little ball-like thing in the middle of the keyboard.

My dad had one of those, as an actual desktop mouse.  He got it because his old ball mouse was garbage and I suggested he get a optical mouse.  He went looking for one at best buy and the salesman convinced him that that was what I meant.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile

I wouldn't say I love my trackpad, but it's not so bad. It's certainly not something I'd use at a desk; that's what mice are for. But in bed, with laptop on a nightstand (or actually a shortish filing cabinet I use as a nightstand) and my arm resting on a pillow, it works, and I can use my computer for most purposes in maximum comfort.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile

There are ANTS in my kitchen. This, this is war. There shall be no mercy. Spiders are fine, so long as they stay hidden. Ladybugs, I am fine with, but ANTS. They must die, for they trample upon the most sacred of my rooms. I will find them, and I will kill them.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile

Dear trackpad lovers:

Trackpads are an affront to your God.

Don't have a God? You do now. It's called your trackpad, you idol worshiping heathen.
So trackpads are an affront to themselves?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile

Along with everything else in the universe.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile

Just got disconnected from the last round in what was probably the best match I've had since I started playing TLoU again. >:(
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

It's for portability, you barbarian :P

Any self respecting laptop run powerfully and hot enough to fry your poor flesh if you actually put it in your lap. Sissy things like netbooks are for using everywhere.
That's only if you don't have powerful enough legmanflesh.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

Any self respecting laptop run powerfully and hot enough to fry your poor flesh if you actually put it in your lap. Sissy things like netbooks are for using everywhere.

When I KSP Mine almost hits 100, I'm not sure what kind of legmanflesh you have :p
I really ought to pop that fresh thermal paste on.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

When I KSP Mine almost hits 100, I'm not sure what kind of legmanflesh you have :p
I really ought to pop that fresh thermal paste on.
Powerful stuff, plus cat granted heat immunity.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Yeeaaahh... tough skin is one thing, but I've had laptops whose heat management (combined with outer metal bits) was so horrendous a few particularly bad interactions left me with first, bordering on second, degree burns. Just... put something in between your precious flesh and the laptop. It's not hard.

E: It's honestly amazing the computer itself didn't melt, but that particular one kept on trucking for like five years after its fan stopped functioning in entirety. To this day (like, nearly a decade later?) it will still turn on. Barely, but...

It was a helluva' laptop. Acer brand, actually. Presumably the last good one they made.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 01:16:44 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

good golly i'm in a "let's stab activists" mood again.

i should probably get myself some brainfucking meds so i never act on it
Pages: 1 ... 2431 2432 [2433] 2434 2435 ... 3345