Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2457 2458 [2459] 2460 2461 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3427942 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Poopnami Edition
« Reply #36870 on: May 19, 2014, 12:59:26 pm »

*E: I just realized it would mean you would be, in fact, bugfuck crazy.
*rimshot*

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36871 on: May 19, 2014, 01:24:41 pm »

My mom literally woke me up at 5 AM because she couldn't sleep and she decided it was time to have a conversation on how we were getting along better two weeks ago. For reference, in the end I got out of bed at 9:30 and I went to bed at 12:30. So, pretty much exactly halfway.

why

This is a big deal, since I've been having nightmares every night and further sleep disruptions are Serious Business in terms of how well I function the next day... just... fuck.

(She also abandoned me out in public yet again yesterday. The usual business of leaving me somewhere while I wasn't paying attention and walking away out of sight in order to punish me for not paying enough attention to her)
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36872 on: May 19, 2014, 01:28:27 pm »

Well eventually you'll reach a point where you can afford to not pay attention to her at all and that's where your life is going to get better. Probably. I mean a morgue would technically also qualify but that's not someplace where you can say that your life got better. Or even is existent. I think I got a bit sidetracked there.

This is why I rarely even try to be encouraging.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36873 on: May 19, 2014, 01:34:15 pm »

Well, I can't speak for everyone, but you can tell her that some guy on the interwebs thinks she's acting like a dumbass and should stop.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #36874 on: May 19, 2014, 01:35:56 pm »

Well, I can't speak for everyone, but you can tell her that some guy on the interwebs thinks she's acting like a dumbass and should stop.
You can sure speak for a lot of us though.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36875 on: May 19, 2014, 01:37:26 pm »

I'm moving out, and once I have moved to a more permanent situation and can remove all of my possessions from her house, she will never do this to me again.

13 more days.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36876 on: May 19, 2014, 01:43:02 pm »

Moving out on your own, or doing the roommate thing again?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36877 on: May 19, 2014, 01:58:40 pm »

Haha, I can't afford a no-roommate thing. Single apartments around here usually run for about $1500/month.

Roommate thing is good in this case--we'll be sharing rooms--because that means that if she wants to call up and scream about something, there's an excellent excuse.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #36878 on: May 19, 2014, 05:14:51 pm »

@Vector: Good on ya. Hopefully your roommate will be sane. And have a thing for musicals in French.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #36879 on: May 19, 2014, 06:59:21 pm »

Well, I am apparently half way towards an ideal room mate, then.

Les miserables was brilliant!
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36880 on: May 19, 2014, 07:51:06 pm »

Dammit, Pandora, if I wanted to listen to more commercials than music, I'd turn on a regular radio. Next thing you know, they'll be implementing DJs and shock jocks.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #36881 on: May 19, 2014, 09:13:51 pm »

FREUD YOU PERVERTED QUACK ARGH

He has so many theories and words that he's practically in every chapter >:I

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36882 on: May 19, 2014, 09:20:23 pm »

@Vector: Good on ya. Hopefully your roommate will be sane. And have a thing for musicals in French.

Hehehehe, they're all business majors. I'm pretty sure that they're, like, extra-sane.

Les miserables was brilliant!

YES IT WAS OMFG

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #36883 on: May 19, 2014, 09:29:57 pm »

FREUD YOU PERVERTED QUACK ARGH

He has so many theories and words that he's practically in every chapter >:I
So this is what you meant by hating psychology! :O
Yeah, don't worry. Usually these details come with the new sciences. >.>
I told you I'm open to help D:<
There are mistakes.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36884 on: May 19, 2014, 10:02:30 pm »

Hehehehe, they're all business majors. I'm pretty sure that they're, like, extra-sane.
If they wind up knurd, you may have to buy them a drink. Be wary of that.

Pages: 1 ... 2457 2458 [2459] 2460 2461 ... 3345