Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2462 2463 [2464] 2465 2466 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3419595 times)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Poopnami Edition
« Reply #36945 on: May 21, 2014, 04:32:39 am »

Congrats, now you can't play any other games! :P

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36946 on: May 21, 2014, 04:34:36 am »

Think I'm going back to some mythical farmland planting some Emery Flowers and shit. :<

Either that or wage war to the whole Argon Federation. Whatever I'm gonna do, I'm done with your shit, Minecraft. ._.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #36947 on: May 21, 2014, 04:35:22 am »

Dual-booting is a marvelous invention, as is WINE. Admittedly, one's a hassle and the other only works about 5% of the time, but they're there.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36948 on: May 21, 2014, 04:38:53 am »

I could dual boot, but I'm still waiting for the inevitable OS breakdown due to malware caused by college projects.

Right now, I'm refraining from doing it until a new reformat. Kind of a hassle, and me not being such a tech wiz might just end up causing some errors on this mobile gaming platform.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #36949 on: May 21, 2014, 07:00:28 am »

I don't understand how having 16gb RAM, a quite respectable Nvidia GT 645m, Core i7 on a laptop hooked to a wall charger 24/7 on high performance still causes Minecraft to lag like shit.

As such, I don't know which issue I should tackle on just to make it barely playable. D:<
Try optifine.

Either way, Notch isn't very good at coding, and minecraft is made in Java. I think both of these things contribute quite a bit.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36950 on: May 21, 2014, 07:07:55 am »

Jeb didn't rewrite minecraft from scratch though. Old bad code is worse than new bad code :v

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #36951 on: May 21, 2014, 07:10:20 am »

Yeah, Notch is a terrible programmer. That's why he was the first person to manage to make a game with a fully destructible 3D world that runs at playable speeds at all.
At least, it used to run at playable speeds before the team after him royally screwed up the single- and multi- player merge.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36952 on: May 21, 2014, 07:11:38 am »

Hardly the first.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #36954 on: May 21, 2014, 07:13:46 am »

Other than Infinimine, what else was there? If there is something else, I'd genuinely like to know. And Infinimine was finite world.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #36955 on: May 21, 2014, 07:14:21 am »

Other than Infinimine, what else was there? If there is something else, I'd genuinely like to know. And Infinimine was finite world.
Dwarf Fortress. :P

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #36956 on: May 21, 2014, 07:15:44 am »

For a given value of 3D, I suppose that's true. But you probably know what I meant by 3D, even if it's not semantically perfect.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36957 on: May 21, 2014, 07:32:28 am »

Minecraft was finite for a long time too.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #36958 on: May 21, 2014, 07:35:22 am »

FUCK ME.

Youtube isn't working - starts for a second, then restarts/goes to next video in playlist - and it's driving me nuts. I search for an answer and it seems like it's the fault of Adobe Flash. I uninstall AF and clean install it. It's still not working. FUCK.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36959 on: May 21, 2014, 07:50:23 am »

Yeah, Notch is a terrible programmer. That's why he was the first person to manage to make a game with a fully destructible 3D world that runs at playable speeds at all.
At least, it used to run at playable speeds before the team after him royally screwed up the single- and multi- player merge.

QFT

The moment that that started, I started to get subpar speeds with the occasional pulse-frequency lag, and it got worse. Minecraft mods are mostly taxing, so much that modpack launchers started offering tweakable memory allocation settings. And now, I don't even understand what's going on.

A platform that can run Bioshock Infinite with minimal lagging shouldn't be suffering too much about running Minecraft, and yet...
Pages: 1 ... 2462 2463 [2464] 2465 2466 ... 3345