Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2503 2504 [2505] 2506 2507 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3428684 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: DON'T ROLL A 1 Edition
« Reply #37560 on: June 02, 2014, 01:39:13 pm »

Stepdads are scum. (Sorry to those of you stepdads who ARENT scum. Please keep up the good work.)
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #37561 on: June 02, 2014, 01:49:41 pm »

Stepdads are scum. (Sorry to those of you stepdads who ARENT scum. Please keep up the good work.)
I may be a future stepdad. I'll try my best to not be scummy.

But yes, my stepdad was a bona fide monster who fully deserved the karmic retribution that he reaped. Burn in hell, fucker.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37562 on: June 02, 2014, 01:55:01 pm »

Mine was too, basically. Was never officially a stepdad, but he transgressed like he was.

Although he never tried to take my pocket money. Suckah woulda gotten cut for that.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37563 on: June 02, 2014, 01:58:47 pm »

My family is being torn apart by World of Tanks addiction. We used to have a happy, healthy stereotypical upper-middle-class white suburban family going on. Then my brother started playing that game. Then my dad.

My mother is tired of both of them doing it. Obviously, she wants to spend more time with my dad now that us keedz are old enough to take care of ourselves; instead, he spends huge chunks of his free time playing a Belarusian tank game. As for my brother, his grades have been decaying - "slipping" is too mild - since he started playing, because whenever she isn't around to enforce otherwise, he plays WoT instead of studying or doing homework. I take that back, because my dad also is happy to keep him off the game - so that he can play it instead. My mother also works for a military contractor, so she's very paranoid about military security and for some reason seems to believe the Russian government could use the game as a backdoor to hack our computers. Oh, and my father is a lot less religious than my mother; he stays home on Sundays while she drags us displeased boys to church for three hours. What does he do? World of Tanks.

Now, we actually have two computers with WoT on them. Problem is, I am the most frequent user of one of them, so my brother and I have to compete to get it. Usually I get it first (because I'm... I don't want to say "naturally more talented", but I can accomplish the same results on a project with markedly less work), which pisses him off more, so he hangs over my shoulder and harasses me for hours. Eventually he gives up and - guess what? Unable to play with polygon-tanks, he resorts to watching ambiguously Slavic "professionals" do it on his iPod touch.

Because he can do this literally anywhere in the house, it's practically impossible for my mother to enforce her homework code short of confiscating the device, which only works for a short time before he finds it again. Even when he does his homework, which takes him several hours due more to incompetence than actual workload, he goes right back to playing World of Tanks later at night, after my parents have gone to sleep. And he stays awake and does this until midnight or so, and then watches on his iPod while "asleep" for another hour. And my brother and I share a room (because we did when we were leetle keedz and were always too lazy to change that), so I pretend to be asleep for an hour while I'm really kept awake by the blue glow and Slavic mumbling (he doesn't use headphones) from the other side of the room.

Oh, and did I mention that my mom has a tendency to think of my brother and I as a gestalt entity whenever one of us does something wrong? We call it the "you guys" or "the boys" effect based on her typical phrasing of the blame-comment. Anyway, she treats me as if I'm doing the same thing as him (staying up super-late, getting bad grades, and always playing World of Tanks) despite me trying to get to bed earlier, getting two years of straight-A grades, and not even knowing how to play it.

There have been some specific incidents attributable to tank addiction. Not long ago, my father offered to grill burgers for the family. So he put them on the grill and said he would do the rest. Instead, he played several more matches of WoT before remembering them. We awkwardly pseudo-enjoyed our delicious burnt-meat sandwiches. Another time, my brother needed a ride to something and my dad said he would do it, then played more tanks, and my brother somehow blamed my father's lateness on me.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #37564 on: June 02, 2014, 02:06:39 pm »

[H]e goes right back to playing World of Tanks later at night, after my parents have gone to sleep. And he stays awake and does this until midnight or so, and then watches on his iPod while "asleep" for another hour.

If I would have done this as a kid my mom would probably have killed me :x

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37565 on: June 02, 2014, 02:16:45 pm »

I had friends whose parents believed in "equal punishment".

When one did something bad, no matter what the other did, they would both be punished equally.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37566 on: June 02, 2014, 02:16:53 pm »

Eh, my parents are annoyed by it, but with regards to its effects on me they mostly say it's good preparation for having a shitty college roommate.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37567 on: June 02, 2014, 02:19:14 pm »

I'd at least stand up for yourself and ask to get a room of your own. When your brother's stupidity starts impacting your life, you're effectively bearing the weight of his sins.

My brother and I got separate rooms probably about 13, and it was a good thing. There's no way in hell I'd put up with trying to sleep while someone is inconsiderately not using headphones. Seriously. You can't fix your family, but you can at least make the little bastard respect you 1 iota, by putting on headphones.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #37568 on: June 02, 2014, 02:44:50 pm »

*singing*
Ticks on my hands.
Ticks on my feet.
Ticks on my crotch, won't you please kill me?

They're chewing on my chest,
They're chewing on my legs,
They're chewing on my face, they're devouring meeeeeeeeee!
o-o
this is a serious problem. Treat it immediately? Or if its not a song, then its...an infestation?
Mom's already been helping me rub some weird stuff on the bites, which seems to help them. I only find them on me when I go outside, so chances are it's just that time of year again.

The solution is rubbing alcohol and tweezers. Dab a bit of the alcohol on them, and when they pull their heads out of your skin, pull them off with the tweezers.
Huh. I was always told to use vegetable oil for that same purpose, since it forms a film over the little fuckers and prevents them from breathing (I think. I am not, by any means, an expert on tick anatomy.)
We don't do that. Our procedure consists of

1: Apply tweezers to tick
2: Pull
3: Apply lit match to tick

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37569 on: June 02, 2014, 02:49:32 pm »

Don't bother with all of that.
They bite you.
Bite them back.
Reclaim your blood!
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #37570 on: June 02, 2014, 02:52:04 pm »

Don't bother with all of that.
They bite you.
Bite them back.
Reclaim your blood!

And other people's blood. And other animals' blood. And random parasites and bacteria.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #37571 on: June 02, 2014, 02:55:43 pm »

As intuitive as that sounds, I've had enough of bugs-in-mouth for one lifetime.   :P

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #37572 on: June 02, 2014, 03:20:47 pm »

When one did something bad, no matter what the other did, they would both be punished equally.

I hear that's also popular with prison wardens.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37573 on: June 02, 2014, 03:29:07 pm »

That actually makes sense. It means that one would be pressuring the other into not getting them punished.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37574 on: June 02, 2014, 03:38:30 pm »

That actually makes sense. It means that one would be pressuring the other into not getting them punished.

In practice, they fought with each other because one did nothing and still got punished, so they retaliated against the one who did do wrong, which would get both into even more trouble.

This fairness extended to everything. If one got good grades and the other bad, they would both be treated as though they had done bad.
Pages: 1 ... 2503 2504 [2505] 2506 2507 ... 3345