Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2506 2507 [2508] 2509 2510 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3428951 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: DON'T ROLL A 1 Edition
« Reply #37605 on: June 03, 2014, 05:25:55 am »

THIS NIGHT IS TERRIBLE FIRST SOME DOUCHES TOOK MY PILLOWS AND NOW I CAN'T EVEN CUT MYSELF TO DEAL WITH THE ANGER.

What, with a pillow?
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #37606 on: June 03, 2014, 05:34:24 am »

THIS NIGHT IS TERRIBLE FIRST SOME DOUCHES TOOK MY PILLOWS AND NOW I CAN'T EVEN CUT MYSELF TO DEAL WITH THE ANGER.

What, with a pillow?
With that knife he mentioned earlier >_>

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37607 on: June 03, 2014, 05:36:13 am »

Nah, those pillows have some gnarly sequins attached.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #37608 on: June 03, 2014, 05:40:29 am »

Nah, those pillows have some gnarly shuriken attached.
Fixed your spelling error there.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

blazing glory

« Reply #37609 on: June 03, 2014, 05:51:51 am »

Nah, those pillows have some gnarly shuriken attached.
Fixed your spelling error there.

Oh those exotic pillows,yeah,pretty nasty!

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37610 on: June 03, 2014, 06:28:57 am »

Comma key is broken and nothing I can do will bring it back.

Why do these coins still exist?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You need 11 of them to buy a single lollipop. You can't use them for purchases over five dollars and I feel like an asshole when I use more than two or three of them.

EDIT: I counted them. Don't know why.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 07:36:17 am by NobodyPro »

Stuebi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37611 on: June 03, 2014, 09:01:58 am »

My reallife friend-circle has a serious douchebag-phase.

We canceled the past 3 Pen & paper Sessions last minute for various reasons.

Once Girlfriend of A was feeling bad and needed consolation. Fine.

Then B appearantly just doesnt feel all that great right before the session starts. Fair enough.

B and C argue the following week and refuse playing with each other. Geez!

A cancles the next session an hour before it commences, because he feels tat there is still "tension". Reeeeally?

We had a lot of this stuff before, and I am basicall fed up with it now. I announced that I was out of the picture for two weeks for them to get their shit sorted out, since I'm tired of keeping the weekend free for a session that plain doesnt happen 50% of the time. I expect at least SOME trusworthiness out of these guys, if I can show up on date on time, they can as well. Guess what? They will now play without me on those two weeks, if the session even happens that is. "So you can cool off."

Generally, it's just really annoying currently. Every time we talk over Skype or meet up, someone uses the time we spend together to cry NONSTOP. I have an open ear for issues, but after a 12 hour day with barely enough sleep to not fall over, I'd like at least SOME enjoyment out of my free time. If I even dare bring up playing something to counter boredom and cheering up, I get the usual "It's all about gaming with you.". And then they wonder why I prefer spending time with my gaming buddies, instead of the "ultra srs bsns whine-brigade" who all have to gloat with their Girlfriend, complain about their ultrahard apprenticeships and remind me, what a sad fuck I appearantly am for spending my free time with games and books.

Congratulations guys, you managed to get a job and fuck! I had that covered for the first time 3 years ago, albeit one was horrible and the other ended in raging dissapointment. Can we do something fun now, or should I start thinking about getting somemoney out of the salt you guys are whining into the conversation?

Seriously, I tried to move away from plain talking to my Online-Buddies over Skype every evening, because I thought theres some merit to the "You only know them Online, so they dont count as social contacts"-complain I sometimes get. But...I actually LIKE these people and have fun with them. I think i'll go back to the "I spend my free time however I want, so go fuck yourself."-attitude.
English isnt my mother language, so feel free to correct me if I make a mistake in my post.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37612 on: June 03, 2014, 10:21:29 am »

My stepdad seems to think that the best way to fix a broken sink faucet is to do absolutely nothing about it, it seems. At least the water stopped running yellow. He did acquire a water cooler/dispenser(the think where people trade gossip at the office or some stupid trope), so some reason. No idea why, but knowing him, it's something that will probably piss me off.

Personally I remember losing all respect for one of my school teachers when they punished all the boys because someone didn't own up to stealing something. It just didn't work; none of us even resented the girls despite them being just as likely suspects and getting off scotch free,  this was a matter with the arbitrary punishments of the teachers,  there was nothing fair about it at all.
There was once a time when a substitute teacher lost a pair of $700(or so he claimed) sunglasses in the classroom, and instead of looking for it, he instead assumes someone in the class stole them, and calls the school cop in to search each and every student(both bags and pockets). They were in the middle of searching me, the last person in the room, when they found the pair, all the way in the back of the classroom where nobody was.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #37613 on: June 03, 2014, 10:26:48 am »

*snip*

If one of my friends said "it's all about gaming with you!" I'd be like "Yep, so why am I hanging out with you boring ass people?"

When you're an adult and you work, sans your SO, gaming is what there is to look forward to. I keep all my RL boo-hoos in RL. When I'm ready to have fun, the last thing I want to hear about is your tedious, boring, RL shit unless it's a fucking emergency. You want to do the lame ass adult bemoaning of your life? Do it during RL hours, not gaming. I play PNP with a lot of work friends, and we generally agree that once game starts, people are not allowed to talk shop.

Congratulations guys, you managed to get a job and fuck!

Yep. I found my adult trajectory peaked at about....26. Suddenly afterward, I realized the only thing I truly enjoyed with no stress, no bs, no hangups....was gaming and fun with my friends. Being an adult sucks. Talking like an adult sucks. Acting like an adult often sucks. Relationships are great until they're not. So why would I make ADULT BSNSS my primary mode of being?

No thanks. I'll remain the kid trapped in a man's body and probably remain less stressed than the vast majority of my contemporaries. Fun is the Fountain of Youth, drink deeply.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 10:29:57 am by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37614 on: June 03, 2014, 10:47:24 am »

You are an adult when you finally realize that being an adult means jack-shit, no one who matters cares what you do with your time, and nobody knows what the fuck they're doing. That there is no such thing as "that's what grown-ups do."

My sister-in-law (holy shit I just realized I have a sister-in-law?) hasn't realized that yet.

Of course, I'm weird, so I've known this forever. I blame it on my reading everything all the time in school. Other kids would be holding their phone under the desk and texting, I would be holding a book and reading.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 03:07:41 pm by Descan »
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Recluse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37615 on: June 03, 2014, 11:02:42 am »

I got kicked from a Team Fortress 2 match for idling when I wasn't even idling. The person who called the vote said I was a failure because I wasn't scoring enough points for the team. In the match before that someone called a vote for me to be kicked for scamming when I wasn't even doing such a thing, but instead explaining things to a newbie over team chat.

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37616 on: June 03, 2014, 11:33:02 am »

I got kicked from a Team Fortress 2 match for idling when I wasn't even idling. The person who called the vote said I was a failure because I wasn't scoring enough points for the team. In the match before that someone called a vote for me to be kicked for scamming when I wasn't even doing such a thing, but instead explaining things to a newbie over team chat.
I main Medic and always pick it when I can.
I LOVE support roles.
Play WoW? Tank or healer ( or any other MMO for that matter )
Does a medikit or blowtorch exist? In muh pocket
You can expect me to be behind the rush, overhealing our resident heavy and frequently turning around to check for spies.
When someone pulls this crap on me? I politely explain what I have actually been doing.
If they still do this? I will stop healing when the rush is a success and sit and watch that person die.
Pyro and about to die? Hey man, check out my meet the medic taunt.
Spy? heeeeeyyyyyyyy duuuuuuuuuuuuuude waaaaaaa- ( they get backstabbed ) tch out for that spy
They usually cut it out.
When they dont? I join the other team as a spy and systematically hunt them down until they leave.
Now about you? Friend  the  newbie on steam immidiatelym and notify the person who called the vote that if he wants to have a srsbsns game, go on Competitive.
Thats all.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37617 on: June 03, 2014, 11:41:35 am »

To be fair, medics can easily top scoreboards since they get points from healing, including overheal. Sinple enough to keep everyone overhealed, plus assists and ubers.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Recluse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37618 on: June 03, 2014, 11:45:43 am »

I main Medic and always pick it when I can.
I LOVE support roles.
Play WoW? Tank or healer ( or any other MMO for that matter )
Does a medikit or blowtorch exist? In muh pocket
You can expect me to be behind the rush, overhealing our resident heavy and frequently turning around to check for spies.
When someone pulls this crap on me? I politely explain what I have actually been doing.
If they still do this? I will stop healing when the rush is a success and sit and watch that person die.
Pyro and about to die? Hey man, check out my meet the medic taunt.
Spy? heeeeeyyyyyyyy duuuuuuuuuuuuuude waaaaaaa- ( they get backstabbed ) tch out for that spy
They usually cut it out.
When they dont? I join the other team as a spy and systematically hunt them down until they leave.
Now about you? Friend  the  newbie on steam immidiatelym and notify the person who called the vote that if he wants to have a srsbsns game, go on Competitive.
Thats all.
You know, I usually play Medic, do a passable job as Medic and people don't even so much as say a peep about it outside of thanking me. The moment I try to play something else I draw the wrath of my entire team nine times out of ten. I should probably stop doing that, trying to branch out and diversify.

Also the newbie was a ten-year-old who shouldn't even be playing Team Fortress 2. Normally I just ignore kids that log into the server I am on but outside of not knowing how to get item drops and begging people to give him a Tomislav - he was playing Heavy - he was about as passable as a Heavy as I am as a Medic. Still, there's no way I'm adding a ten-year-old on Steam when I'm in my late twenties. That wouldn't be right in my opinion.

To be fair, medics can easily top scoreboards since they get points from healing, including overheal. Sinple enough to keep everyone overhealed, plus assists and ubers.
That's what I do when I play Medic and it keeps people from ripping me a new one like they do when I play anything that isn't Medic. Sometimes I'm even MVP, though not very often. By "passable" I mean I'm in my opinion maybe a C+ most of the time when it comes to Medic, C- to D- with just about every other class in the game.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #37619 on: June 03, 2014, 11:50:33 am »

If you get that kind of shit, you're playing on the wrong servers. Try the Aerolite Gaming servers (if you don't mind turbine or 2fort, the payload server is usually empty, sadly). I used to be a regular there, the people are friendly (it COULD have changed, but I doubt it).

Then again, I almost exclusively play Pyro because I'm good at that.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 2506 2507 [2508] 2509 2510 ... 3345