Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2532 2533 [2534] 2535 2536 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3425086 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile

Could have got an additional character in fire emblem awakening, but he attacked my character and got obliterated by the counter attack. By the time I learned I coudl get that character, I'd already long since saved past that mission.

Damn.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

I hate my supervisors sometimes, and they will not be missed when I have left this job. Why the apeshitting fuck would you schedule a floor waxing during work hours? It's not as if there isn't a 7 hour stretch of nobody being in the room after our shift, but no, the day shift (and therefore supervisors) always seem to assume that not much really happens when they're not there. Surprisingly, we actually need access to most of the room!

It's like the bizarre theory they have that admissions only happen between the hours of 8 AM and 4 PM, so obviously the midnight shift doesn't need any pills. HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

N- no, Bauglir. Not... not in their soup. For the love of the non-existent gods, not in the soup. The soup did nothing to you ;_;
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

... What? I think I'm missing a joke.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Hnnnnng has a connotation different from the one you're using it for.
Ask not!
Ask!

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...why soup

why soup exactly

why not spaghetti

for what purpose not alcoholic brew

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

Hnnnnng has a connotation different from the one you're using it for.
Surely context indicates that the type of groan I'm making is one of exasperation? Ah well. I'm just translating the vocalization into text as best I can.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

...why soup
Because soup is easily portable for carrying to work and less likely to show evidence than spaghetti. As for why not booze, I would hope booze isn't common on site wherever Bauglir's working.

Surely context indicates that the type of groan I'm making is one of exasperation?
That... that's the joke. Intentional misinterpretation, in such a way that could also be part of the expression of exasperation.
Ask not!
Ask!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

... how'd it go, again? Have two conflicting standards, introduce a third standard, viola, three conflicting standards?

Which is to say, congratulations -- your attempt to avoid confusion has provided another hnnnng to get confused by. Counterproduction achievement get!
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 12:45:50 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

I will hereby create more confusion by stating that it's the sound you make when lifting heavy objects.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile

Nope, it's the sound a buddhist monk makes when meditating really hard.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile

Ommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mani padme hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
._.
Pages: 1 ... 2532 2533 [2534] 2535 2536 ... 3345