Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2533 2534 [2535] 2536 2537 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3424956 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

"Master, the soldiers are attacking our temple!"

"HHHNNNNNNNGGGG FUCK OFF KID I'M TAKING A SHIT MEDITATING HNNNNNGGG"
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile

I think that if you are concentrating intensely, then you're meditating wrong. :V
Meditation's about relaxing and calming down.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

blazing glory

I think that if you are concentrating intensely, then you're meditating wrong. :V

Otherwise known as sleep.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile

Otherwise known as sleep.
Meditating is a more aware form of sleeping, yeah.

Don't laugh.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

But what about INTENSE MEDITATION?

* miauw62 MEDITATES VIOLENTLY

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

Violent meditation! Promoting domestic abuse since 2015!
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!

But what about INTENSE MEDITATION?

* miauw62 MEDITATES VIOLENTLY

Sorry Descan, you have become the meaning of intensity.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

Huh. It appears I've been defining meditation incorrectly. In my R.E. exam I said something along the lines of "Meditation is a prayerful state in which union with God, or some form of divinity, is achieved. In non theistic faiths, this takes the form of Samatha, or a process by which deep bodily awareness is sought. Epiphanies and mantras are also used...(Etc.)
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

blazing glory

Huh. It appears I've been defining meditation incorrectly. In my R.E. exam I said something along the lines of "Meditation is a prayerful state in which union with God, or some form of divinity, is achieved. In non theistic faiths, this takes the form of Samatha, or a process by which deep bodily awareness is sought. Epiphanies and mantras are also used...(Etc.)

I imagine it CAN be that,really depends on what your trying to do in your Meditation,differing from trying to relax your mind and soul or being one with nature or one with god or such.

blazing glory

ARGH!

I disable wuauserv because it eats my CPU like a bastard, and, DESPITE me turning it off and telling it not to auto activate, it decides I want it back on. And now my CPU is being eaten up again.

wuauserv?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

@ Meditation, really, the short form is that there's quite a few different kinds. Some are very calm and relaxed. Some are very much not (See: Dervishes, for a physical example, who will meditate by spinning for hours, but extreme concentration is also a part of certain techniques.). Some are completely secular, some are not. It's a very wide body of methodologies and ideologies, somewhat complicated by the fact that many of the techniques (breathing control, ferex) involved have very practical benefits (and thus have been hijacked by stuff like the medical field).
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Battle Encoder Shirase, brother Greatorder. It is friend to all low power CPUs.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

Fucking Windows Fucking Networking Fucking Printers Fucking BULLSHIT.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile

Got hit with a blob of molten metal just behind the ear. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))
Pages: 1 ... 2533 2534 [2535] 2536 2537 ... 3345