Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2535 2536 [2537] 2538 2539 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3383888 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

Holy....Dutchling...What happened to your face?!?!?!
Holy hell, it's hideous!
It's even worse than his avatar!

blazing glory

Holy....Dutchling...What happened to your face?!?!?!
Holy hell, it's hideous!
It's even worse than his avatar!

I'm glad I wasn't drinking something when I saw that.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile

wot
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

hai
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

I just bought Kasparsky.
Is that the one that gets rid of computer viruses by beating them at chess?

ARGH!

I disable wuauserv because it eats my CPU like a bastard, and, DESPITE me turning it off and telling it not to auto activate, it decides I want it back on. And now my CPU is being eaten up again.

wuauserv?
Windows auto-updater. I'd let it run, but it takes up about 97% of my CPU and up to a gig of memory when it runs (This isn't a rare problem), and my computer's memory is only 2 gigs.

I imagine you can do the math and predict the effects it has on my PC.
Wuauserv can't be disabled as just a service, it autoruns. I have, however, never had a problem with it ever since I told Windows auto-update to never update anything. If you did that and it still does it, then you might want to check that it is, in fact, Windows auto-update, and not some clever virus masquerading as wuauserv.exe from a different folder.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile

I just bought Kasparsky.
Is that the one that removes viruses by beating them at chess?
That's Kasparovsky. There's a difference. :P
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

Roommate still hasn't cleaned up the kitchen sink properly, in fact, after he poorly picked out some of the burnt popcorn he tossed in he made something else entirely and once again didn't think to dump the leftovers in the trash before washing the dishes, just wash them like that, despite the fact that the sink has clogged before and is in fact starting to get clogged again.

To make things worse it's incredibly hot these days, which means it's starting to stink rather fiercely now.

The fucking idiot.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

sir do you have actual pipes not the plastic bullshit i often see nowadays

and preferably a sewage treatment plant connected to the end of these pipes

if yes just pour acid down the drain

or a strong base

either works

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

Oh I know how to unclog it, I've done it the first time he fucked it up. But not this time, shithead made this mess, he's gonna fix it himself now.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

People that don't thoroughly clean and rinse their plate before putting them in the sink fail my basic test of common sense.

I loathe dishwasher detergent commercials that have a smiling mom put a plate or bowl with half a meal left on it straight into the dishwasher. They inevitably say "It does all the work for you!"

No, that's how you kill your fucking dishwasher, morons. Not rinsing your plates is how you end up with ants and worse in your kitchen. Christ, 5 seconds of effort saves you minutes of labor down the line, and your kitchen doesn't smell like a cesspit.

I'm not claiming to be the cleanest human in existence, but when it comes to the kitchen, I'm a clean Nazi. Nothing drives me more crazy than when I want to cook, and I have to choke through the stench of rotting food.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!

I'm a clean Nazi. Nothing drives me more crazy than when I want to cook, and I have to choke through the stench of rotting food.

I think that means you actually qualify as intelligent, not a 'clean Nazi'. People who don't care about cleanliness to that extent are the ones at extremes.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile

I've got a bad habit of not washing dishes until a couple of meals' worth have collected in the sink.  At least we do rinse them off, so it's usually not a problem of smell so much as needing a particular bowl or pot and finding it's dirty.  I've tried remedying this laziness in the past, but so far that hasn't gotten my anywhere for more than a week before I slip back into my old habits.  I'm just always so dang tired that I put it off.

Anyway, currently I'm raging at the fact that I apparently have a broken hypothalamus.  Ever since I lost about 100 pounds, I cannot freaking stop being cold.  It's been 3 years now.  I figured I'd get used to it, but not yet.

Seriously, it's like 90 F outside and I'm shivering in a jacket because the AC is set to 68 in this office.  I would just claim it's the people here being super hot natured or something, but at the other office I work at it's even worse.  I can't count the number of times I've heard someone walk into our suite and start fanning before saying, "Wow, it's hot in here..."  And I'm wearing a jacket.

It's clearly me, because if I visit my parents' house I'm always about to freeze to death because they keep the AC set to Antarctica.  It's literally everywhere I go that people exclaim how it's hot or stuffy or 'why are you wearing a jacket?' or whatever.  I'm really sick of it.  I have to set the AC to 80 F at my house to not feel cold, which is nice during the summer but not so much during winter.

I thought maybe I had some sort of medical condition or something, but I literally have no other symptoms aside from being tired all of the time, which doesn't need explanation because I work full time despite getting less than 6 hours of sleep every day.  Maybe that leads to some kind of metabolic imbalance that makes you chronically feel like you're standing in front of an open freezer when an AC turns on...
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Yeeaaahh, your residence would be abject misery to me. I start sweating around 75F and don't really feel truly comfortable until around 65. Grow more hair, maybe? Or check with a doc. Even if there's nothing wrong, per se, you might be able to get a medically grounded answer as to what's going on, and possibly ways to adjust.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile

FUCKDAMN BUGS RUINED MY ELDER KINGS GAME!

MY MAGE CAN'T MAGIC NO MORE, HE JUST SIT ON HIS IMMORTAL BUTT AND DO NOTHING!
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

Elder Kings?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 2535 2536 [2537] 2538 2539 ... 3345