Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2585 2586 [2587] 2588 2589 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3424880 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: The Cup of Rage Edition
« Reply #38790 on: June 28, 2014, 02:18:42 am »

A program that is not in the Uninstall list nor has a directory associated with it keeps putting popup adds on the lower right corner of my desktop, taking me out of full-screen or windowed programs every 30 minutes -_- how the heck am I supposed to remove it?

I am not very knowledgeable but what I once did is opened up Task manager and went into the processes and found which one it was and traced it back to its source.

The other thing I did was I also have a problem that is basically the uninstall thing... but it lists ALL your programs.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38791 on: June 28, 2014, 02:21:46 am »

A program that is not in the Uninstall list nor has a directory associated with it keeps putting popup adds on the lower right corner of my desktop, taking me out of full-screen or windowed programs every 30 minutes -_- how the heck am I supposed to remove it?
Security Task Manager is your friend. Track it down, end the process, delete everything half-way associated with it. Run every security scan you've got.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #38792 on: June 28, 2014, 02:24:24 am »

Security Task Manager is your friend. Track it down, end the process, delete everything half-way associated with it. Run every security scan you've got.

It fails to install: cannot create output file. It's always the i18n/lack thereof that breaks stuff, I swear. :<

Edit: I'm running it, but I still don't see the process linked to Mr. Tong. :|

I am not very knowledgeable but what I once did is opened up Task manager and went into the processes and found which one it was and traced it back to its source.

The other thing I did was I also have a problem that is basically the uninstall thing... but it lists ALL your programs.
It doesn't appear in the task manager list. I think it's hooked into one of the svchosts.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 02:34:44 am by Skyrunner »

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #38793 on: June 28, 2014, 02:51:58 am »

Process Explooooreeeeerrrrrr ;_;

With it, you can hover over svchost processes and see what it's sustaining, service wise. You can also kick on the lower panel and set it to DLL/handle view to see what DLLs or handles are associated with it. That security task manager looks like it might manage well enough, but... process explorer. Just... process explorer.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #38794 on: June 28, 2014, 03:09:26 am »

I still can't find it. Sighhh :( Looks like I'm not going to be able to get relief from this SUPER ANNOYING ADWARE AHGHGHGHHGHGH

* Skyrunner explodes with rage

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #38795 on: June 28, 2014, 03:22:24 am »

I hate all them trivial ads that clutter up everything :I

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38796 on: June 28, 2014, 03:36:25 am »

delete config file, resolution is fine but drm kicks in

keep config file, game is unplayable because resolution

thanks electronic obama

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wont let me Dream, I wont let you sleep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38797 on: June 28, 2014, 04:16:09 am »

I was at a party tonight with two friends, one of which was a designated driver, he wasn't happy about not being able to drink tonight, (we switch off every night who between the three of us is the DD)  so he wants to leave the party and get some drinks and go back to his place and just chill out and play some games,   we left at about 1:40am, there is a Walmart on the way, so we stop there to get the drinks, he insisted on staying in the car.  So my friend and I go to get drinks for his place, an employee sees us with them on our way to the counter and asks us how our night is going, we tell him we were at a party but the DD wanted to get some drinks and go home, so that's why we're here getting drinks,
We get to the register and after the cashier asks for our IDs the employee we talked to in the aisle shows up and talks to the cashier, and they refuse to sell us the alcohol because we have been drinking already tonight, so I tell them I have a sober DD waiting in the car for us, so they tell us to go get him and they can sell him the drinks, but not us.   so we go and get our friend who was waiting in the car, he gets to the cash register and tries to buy the drinks, and they tell us it's 2:01 am, and they aren't allowed to sell alcohol after 2 am.  I'm at his place right now, and wanted to vent, but didn't have anyone to vent to so I thought i'd tell you guys this story.   

...i just want another beer.
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

My milkshake brings all the criminals to justice.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38798 on: June 28, 2014, 04:20:50 am »

Oh jeez, that would be extremely annoying.
Is that how Walmart employees cope with their shitty jobs- by making others' lives miserable wherever possible? :-\
I'll be sure to have a  beer for you tonight, anyway, hehe.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #38799 on: June 28, 2014, 07:59:13 am »

This is why I have a big stock of moonshine.

Ok well mostly because of a customer we have who gives it to us, but it helps with that problem too :P
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #38800 on: June 28, 2014, 09:22:35 am »

You guys are lucky, here it's 11 PM.
._.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38801 on: June 28, 2014, 09:23:05 am »

sergarr confirmed for kurils

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #38802 on: June 28, 2014, 10:21:18 am »

You guys are lucky, here it's 11 PM.

sergarr confirmed for kurils

I meant in relation to that:

I was at a party tonight with two friends, one of which was a designated driver, he wasn't happy about not being able to drink tonight, (we switch off every night who between the three of us is the DD)  so he wants to leave the party and get some drinks and go back to his place and just chill out and play some games,   we left at about 1:40am, there is a Walmart on the way, so we stop there to get the drinks, he insisted on staying in the car.  So my friend and I go to get drinks for his place, an employee sees us with them on our way to the counter and asks us how our night is going, we tell him we were at a party but the DD wanted to get some drinks and go home, so that's why we're here getting drinks,
We get to the register and after the cashier asks for our IDs the employee we talked to in the aisle shows up and talks to the cashier, and they refuse to sell us the alcohol because we have been drinking already tonight, so I tell them I have a sober DD waiting in the car for us, so they tell us to go get him and they can sell him the drinks, but not us.   so we go and get our friend who was waiting in the car, he gets to the cash register and tries to buy the drinks, and they tell us it's 2:01 am, and they aren't allowed to sell alcohol after 2 am.  I'm at his place right now, and wanted to vent, but didn't have anyone to vent to so I thought i'd tell you guys this story.   

...i just want another beer.
._.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38803 on: June 28, 2014, 10:31:41 am »

I still can't find it. Sighhh :( Looks like I'm not going to be able to get relief from this SUPER ANNOYING ADWARE AHGHGHGHHGHGH

* Skyrunner explodes with rage
Have you tried HitmanPro or MalwareBytes?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #38804 on: June 28, 2014, 10:36:41 am »

My fucking god, you have to be kidding me.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 2585 2586 [2587] 2588 2589 ... 3345