Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2587 2588 [2589] 2590 2591 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3433823 times)

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

snip
The tutorial only lasts several minutes os there's no reason to hate it for what it does. And its job is to make even the most mentally inept mongoloid capable of playing the game. It does that closes up never EVER to be seen again.
At least it does not lock out your screen an hour in because you just found your first faeblade and the game feels the urge to give you an unskippable tutorial about them.

The elemental trio... i'm actually kinda sure you'd have the same thing to say about it if it was just the 4 base elements but yes i agree the magic system is kinda crap due to a severe lack of variety. Personally i didn't really feel it that much because i played as a warrior so smashing things with a greatsword was fun enough in itself and the only contact with magic was when i bashed mage skulls in.

I just think the game was made to be simpler and easier to pick up by having things less complex overall.
Obviously not everyone will like that and they don't have to.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: The Cup of Rage Edition
« Reply #38821 on: June 28, 2014, 07:53:47 pm »

My fucking god, you have to be kidding me.
Eh, wot?
Yeah, I'm intrigued now.

I didn't sleep last night because someone else was having sex with the person I'm in love with. Then, in the morning, the 'someone else' woke up and accused me and his girlfriend (correctly) of getting along better than they do and started a bunch of bullshit.

I could break him with five goddamn words, but instead I tried to play the mediator and fix things. I'm trying really, really hard to be the nice, moral, honorable person I know I should be, but at this point, I kind of want to-

* Hans takes a deep breath, holds it for a moment, and slowly releases it.

I kind of want to break my best friend as a person. I ain't that person though, so I am not going to. :/ My life is fucked up.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile

On the whole Amalur thing, the major gripe I had with the game was the camera.  They made these gigantic areas with truly great scenery and whatnot, and it all got destroyed by a reeeeaally closed in camera.

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38823 on: June 28, 2014, 08:02:05 pm »

I'm trying really, really hard to be the nice, moral, honorable person I know I should be
Don't be something you aren't.
I'm a cynical realist and I am proud.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile

On the whole Amalur thing, the major gripe I had with the game was the camera.  They made these gigantic areas with truly great scenery and whatnot, and it all got destroyed by a reeeeaally closed in camera.

I remember that the camera was also aimed somewhat down as well. So much so that a friend thought that the game was mostly indoors.

Got dragged by my mom to go to my nan's trailer park for a potluck. The food was okay, though I don't know anyone there.

But the ride there wasn't fun. Getting chewed out over nothing.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My mom fucking tossed my Lincoln Logs. I've never forgiven her. I feel your pain.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That... that is horrifying.
* Tawarochir gives BlackFlyme an internethug
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

My mom fucking tossed my Lincoln Logs. I've never forgiven her. I feel your pain.
Isn't your mum kind of a c... ountry girl, though? :I
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

* Aklyon gives many internet hugs for BlackFlyme
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile

Pewdiepie, why you gotta make me so mad?

It seems like I can't go onto any Youtube comment section without seeing your name, usually followed by an idiotic comment war. He's not funny, and for some reason if somone happens to play the same game as him, use the same song as him, or anything like that, they get accused of copying him. "The Pewdie Effect".

Youtube won't stop telling me to subscribe to him. Back when Youtube made me recreate my account (Fuck Google+) it subscribed me to him automatically.

So not only do people love him for no reason, Youtube basically attempted to force me to help him grow his subscriber-peen, I don't know how many other people it happened to, but it's not fair when people who don't want to support him are being made to support him by default, if that was what happened.

Yeah, this happened a while back, but I was just reminded of it, before I realized how cantankerous it was.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #38830 on: June 28, 2014, 11:55:28 pm »

I'm trying really, really hard to be the nice, moral, honorable person I know I should be
Don't be something you aren't.
I'm a cynical realist and I am proud.
Yeah no, IG. Bad advice there straight out.

* Tiruin offers hugs for Vector//BlackFlyme.
There's parenting, and then there's bad parenting.
There's concern, and then there's assuming control.
@BF: Whatever her definition of a 'real man' is, is only an illusion. A very superficial idea of what truly equals a real person, marred and muddled by...sadly, about a century or so of broken ideals.
Gender discrimination is stupid.
Also thrice darnit, throwing lego pieces out!?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 12:00:35 am by Tiruin »

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile

Heh. My mom used psychological warfare against me. Get bad grades? Stack that guilt on there. Didn't clean my room? More guilt. Bug my sister? Guilt guilt guilt. Eventually, I just stopped caring, and I don't do anything that might make me care, because caring hurts. I have a lot of skills that just go unused because I can't manage to give a shit.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

You reap what you sow. You seem intent on sowing nothing.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile

Yeah, I know. But, heyo, don't give a damn.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile

She... threw out your legos?!
Did this prompt physical violence on your part? Why the fuck would someone throw out their kid's legos?
That seriously makes me angry. How stupid can someone get? >:( My mother has been pretty horrible to me in the past, but at least she never threw away any of my childhood toys as far as I can remember.
Anyway, hang in there, and one day you'll be able to get away from that lego-stealing maniac. Sooner the better.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 2587 2588 [2589] 2590 2591 ... 3345