Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2588 2589 [2590] 2591 2592 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3425160 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Maybe I've just been awake too long, but there's something both vaguely counterproductive and mildly enraging about berating someone that's been burnt out by berating.

I will say, though, it's possible to burn out guilt and regret and all that useless bullshit without burning out caring in other ways. Good place to be, really. Guilt's completely fucking useless, as is regret and so on and so forth. Learn and change and deal with the new consequences or don't and deal with the old ones. Feeling bad about it does jack-all.

Not the easiest thing to internalize but once you do so many things become so much less painful.

And remember. The correct response to someone trying to guilt trip you is either a literal or metaphorical fork to their eyeball. Shit should not stand. Is not fair play, should not be treated as fair play, should be responded to with a kick to the crotch and a double-arm defenestration. Admittedly the situation usually precludes that, but that's the ideal response. Geneva convention of social interaction gets broke, it's time to bust out the WP.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile

Yeah, I've since moved out, and am doing my damndest to never return. Now I just have to fix 20 years of shit.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile

-snip-
Might and Magic is still the best RPG game, after all these years...
._.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: The Cup of Rage Edition
« Reply #38838 on: June 29, 2014, 04:47:17 am »

I didn't sleep last night because someone else was having sex with the person I'm in love with. Then, in the morning, the 'someone else' woke up and accused me and his girlfriend (correctly) of getting along better than they do and started a bunch of bullshit.

I could break him with five goddamn words, but instead I tried to play the mediator and fix things. I'm trying really, really hard to be the nice, moral, honorable person I know I should be, but at this point, I kind of want to-

* Hans takes a deep breath, holds it for a moment, and slowly releases it.

I kind of want to break my best friend as a person. I ain't that person though, so I am not going to. :/ My life is fucked up.
I know some people won't agree with me, but sometimes... sometimes some people just don't deserve your patience.

You consider him your "best friend"? I'd consider you do some serious talking to him. I know that's something a lot of people would tell you and you most certainly are aware of that yourself AND I know it's easier said than done - but if he's really your friend, he should understand his accusations are false when you try to explain that to him. As for trying to hold back - would "breaking" him mean you'd use methods you otherwise hate seeing used? Would the act of breaking make you feel like the kind of person you hate? I mean, you say you try to be a moral, honorable person - would said breaking involve anything amoral, dishonorable? I don't think the means necessarily justify the end. It's better to wait and try to change the means to achieve the same goal, instead of going over your principles to achieve the goal in shortest possible way.

Then again, I don't think I'm making much sense myself.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 04:49:15 am by Sinistar »
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile

She... threw out your legos?!
Did this prompt physical violence on your part? Why the fuck would someone throw out their kid's legos?
That seriously makes me angry. How stupid can someone get? >:( My mother has been pretty horrible to me in the past, but at least she never threw away any of my childhood toys as far as I can remember.
Anyway, hang in there, and one day you'll be able to get away from that lego-stealing maniac. Sooner the better.
My dad did that once, in retaliation for me stomping around after he told me to stop. Of course, "threw out" meant "threw out into the back yard" and it was only about a third of them, but it was still rude.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage

She... threw out your legos?!
Did this prompt physical violence on your part? Why the fuck would someone throw out their kid's legos?
That seriously makes me angry. How stupid can someone get? >:( My mother has been pretty horrible to me in the past, but at least she never threw away any of my childhood toys as far as I can remember.
Anyway, hang in there, and one day you'll be able to get away from that lego-stealing maniac. Sooner the better.
My dad did that once, in retaliation for me stomping around after he told me to stop. Of course, "threw out" meant "threw out into the back yard" and it was only about a third of them, but it was still rude.
Sounds pretty benign to me--also sounds like maybe you were being an ungrateful little asshole who deserved it. God knows I deserved everything I ever got from my parents. Even though I was sometimes "in the right," I was a smartass that would go out of my way to push people's buttons and lord my rightness over them. Often, this consisted of me continuing to do something after being asked multiple times to stop ;D

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38841 on: June 29, 2014, 08:15:58 am »

I'm trying really, really hard to be the nice, moral, honorable person I know I should be
Don't be something you aren't.
I'm a cynical realist and I am proud.
"If you're a dick, be a dick and never try to change?" No.
To be unfortunately patronising, you're also thirteen, and by the sounds of it in a restricting household. Your life advice and experience is questionable.

The thing about being honourable and moral is that it isn't the easiest route, but it's doable. You may not see material rewards, or hell, even spiritual ones, but it's what is right to do.

Heh. Nothing can destroy a friendship like a woman.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

ain't it the point to stop acting like a honorable and moral person and you know

actually be one

acting implies you stop being the character you act like and revert to your "usual self" at some point

so yeah

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

>_>
<_<
* Tiruin *applauses*

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'd like to point out that most codes of honor act to the detriment of the person that is to be considered honourable.
I kinda think the idea of honor was made as a method of control rather than a positive trait it's seen as now.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

Honour meant strict rules then. The Code of Chivalry. Now, it's much more flexible. Also
ain't it the point to stop acting like a honorable and moral person and you know

actually be one

acting implies you stop being the character you act like and revert to your "usual self" at some point

so yeah
No, it's not the point to stop acting like one. The desire to act like one implies that you are honourable, and that you value morals. Everyone has a mask they take off when they get home, but that's not the point of honour...honour is treating people right. At least, that's my modern definition.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think you two got mixed up over the many meanings of 'act' xD

LSP's "act" = acting, as in, being something you aren't but only to perform; upholding something you are not sincere at.
Dwarfy's "act" = Commit to action.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

There was no confusion...

But I would get rid of the "not sincere" part of your definition. Acting honourable is what most people do, given a lot of it may go against their nature. It's no less sincere...they may not want to run into a burning building to save a baby or somesuch. But they force themselves to. They put on an act. It still makes them a good person for doing it, and it is sincere....

But what's the difference between someone doing that, and someone who goes through life being honourable where he can, even if he doesn't feel like it? That's pretty much the definition of honour...one great act.

Or perhaps I'm being too cynical? I have to say, cynicism would be new to me.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38848 on: June 29, 2014, 08:56:23 am »

I'm trying really, really hard to be the nice, moral, honorable person I know I should be
Don't be something you aren't.
I'm a cynical realist and I am proud.
"If you're a dick, be a dick and never try to change?" No.
To be unfortunately patronising, you're also thirteen, and by the sounds of it in a restricting household. Your life advice and experience is questionable.

The thing about being honourable and moral is that it isn't the easiest route, but it's doable. You may not see material rewards, or hell, even spiritual ones, but it's what is right to do.

Heh. Nothing can destroy a friendship like a woman.

wat

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 2588 2589 [2590] 2591 2592 ... 3345