Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2589 2590 [2591] 2592 2593 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3383875 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: The Cup of Rage Edition
« Reply #38850 on: June 29, 2014, 09:02:30 am »

I'm trying really, really hard to be the nice, moral, honorable person I know I should be
Don't be something you aren't.
I'm a cynical realist and I am proud.
"If you're a dick, be a dick and never try to change?" No.
To be unfortunately patronising, you're also thirteen, and by the sounds of it in a restricting household. Your life advice and experience is questionable.

The thing about being honourable and moral is that it isn't the easiest route, but it's doable. You may not see material rewards, or hell, even spiritual ones, but it's what is right to do.

Heh. Nothing can destroy a friendship like a woman.

wat

I'd be willing to bet, throughout history, two friends have destroyed their friendship over mutual love for a woman for more than any other reason in history. It's certainly happened to me before, it might happen to Hans, and it's happened and will happen to countless others. That's what I meant by that.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

I love how the underlying causes aren't specified. Just 'a woman'. :v

Edit: It's a very superficial conclusion, is what I'm saying, if not outright illogical.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 09:09:58 am by Tiruin »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile

Heh. Nothing can destroy a friendship like sexual attraction.

There, does that make it more clear?
And it's true- whether it's men fighting over a woman or women fighting over men, I'm pretty sure that destroys friendships pretty quick. He just worded it in a very male-centric way.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

Heh. Nothing can destroy a friendship like sexual attraction.

There, does that make it more clear?
And it's true- whether it's men fighting over a woman or women fighting over men, I'm pretty sure that destroys friendships pretty quick. He just worded it in a very male-centric way.
I suggest changing the posts so far to match Yoink's modified quote, else a flame war might start, the thread get locked and the Toad forced to step in. Or just drop it completely.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile

There is a serious lack of RTS and TBS lately... Ir makes me RRRAAAGEEE.
._.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!

There is a serious lack of RTS and TBS lately... Ir makes me RRRAAAGEEE.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Somehow being manipulated into trying to talk things out with my stepdad. I can clearly sense that he's hardly going to be reasonable about it.

I can't stand the bullshit being thrown at me by my mom and stepaunt. They claim I have to decide everything for myself, yet try to cram what they think I have to do down my throats. My mom offers me a ride with my stepdad's truck with him and his four dogs, and when I decline(which even my mom thought was reasonable), my stepaunt accuses of her of enabling me and spoiling me for offering instead to come back and pick me up. They think I should be independent, yet try to force me to continue to rely on them. Somehow, they're also thinking that there's some issue with my Tourette's Syndrome that's partly at fault, yet I haven't had any significant problems from that in years. And although this is probably the most minor issue, they seem to find something very offensive to the fact I'm wearing sweatpants in summer.

Oh well, I still have the police option, although doing so could destroy whatever little family support I have. Still, that's better than homelessness.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

From the sound of it its not family support, its family strangulation.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Things that made me irrationally irritated every day:

People who talk to TV shows like they're having a conversation. Interjecting "I see.", "Look at that!", "Mhm...", "What do you know", "Of course!", "Hah!" after every other spoken line in an informational-style show.

Goddamn that's annoying. If you're going to do that, don't act shocked and hurt if I ask you to stop or repeatedly choose not to watch things with you when given the chance.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile

Things that made me irrationally irritated every day:

People who talk to TV shows like they're having a conversation. Interjecting "I see.", "Look at that!", "Mhm...", "What do you know", "Of course!", "Hah!" after every other spoken line in an informational-style show.

Goddamn that's annoying. If you're going to do that, don't act shocked and hurt if I ask you to stop or repeatedly choose not to watch things with you when given the chance.

Heh. If you think that's annoying, you would hate watching TV with my mom's boyfriend.

Literal conversations with the TV, as if it was a person in the room.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #38860 on: June 29, 2014, 04:16:34 pm »

I didn't sleep last night because someone else was having sex with the person I'm in love with. Then, in the morning, the 'someone else' woke up and accused me and his girlfriend (correctly) of getting along better than they do and started a bunch of bullshit.

I could break him with five goddamn words, but instead I tried to play the mediator and fix things. I'm trying really, really hard to be the nice, moral, honorable person I know I should be, but at this point, I kind of want to-

* Hans takes a deep breath, holds it for a moment, and slowly releases it.

I kind of want to break my best friend as a person. I ain't that person though, so I am not going to. :/ My life is fucked up.
I know some people won't agree with me, but sometimes... sometimes some people just don't deserve your patience.

You consider him your "best friend"? I'd consider you do some serious talking to him. I know that's something a lot of people would tell you and you most certainly are aware of that yourself AND I know it's easier said than done - but if he's really your friend, he should understand his accusations are false when you try to explain that to him. As for trying to hold back - would "breaking" him mean you'd use methods you otherwise hate seeing used? Would the act of breaking make you feel like the kind of person you hate? I mean, you say you try to be a moral, honorable person - would said breaking involve anything amoral, dishonorable? I don't think the means necessarily justify the end. It's better to wait and try to change the means to achieve the same goal, instead of going over your principles to achieve the goal in shortest possible way.

Then again, I don't think I'm making much sense myself.

His accusations are not false, I'm lying to his face. So.
Breaking him would involve telling him something that would hurt him in his most emotionally vulnerable spot, in a huge and horrifying variety of ways.
And I'm not being that honorable person, but I'm trying to mitigate my own evil somewhat by not being a TOTAL fucking piece of shit about it. I've already screwed up the honor thing, TBH, but I want to do this without hurting my friend. Former friend, I should say. I actually stopped thinking of him as a friend a long time ago, which makes me feel like a fucking bastard for saying.

I'm trying really, really hard to be the nice, moral, honorable person I know I should be
Don't be something you aren't.
I'm a cynical realist and I am proud.
"If you're a dick, be a dick and never try to change?" No.
To be unfortunately patronising, you're also thirteen, and by the sounds of it in a restricting household. Your life advice and experience is questionable.

The thing about being honourable and moral is that it isn't the easiest route, but it's doable. You may not see material rewards, or hell, even spiritual ones, but it's what is right to do.

Nothing can destroy a friendship like people. :P
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #38861 on: June 29, 2014, 04:51:41 pm »

Nothing can destroy a friendship like people. :P
Nothing can destroy a people like friendship or a woman?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

*sighs*
Stupid shallowness.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile

Hans, if you are being accused of getting along with someone, correctly or not, then it's not an accusation, it's a farce. So is lying about this in response. Last time I checked, people weren't zero-sum.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's a lot deeper than that scrdest :/
Pages: 1 ... 2589 2590 [2591] 2592 2593 ... 3345