Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2591 2592 [2593] 2594 2595 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3433239 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Maybe the results are just a bit off because you are tired (and probably cranky/maybe annoyed)?

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile

So I visited my military commissary today. I had to go early in the morning, so I missed sleep writing the charsheet for Tawarochir's D&D game. Then I arrived there and had a lengthy and unpleasantly dehumanizing medical examination, during which the psychiatrist (THE GODDAMN PSYCHIATRIST!) found that something about my answers to his questions was off, and sent me to visit a psychologist in our local psychoneurological clinic. Despite me showing him a paper from that very same clinic that said I had no detected neurological or psychological illnesses. He just made a scan of it and sent me there anyway. The psychologist is free on the 2nd. Which, coincidentally, is the date on which I have to visit another doc for my blood tests. Did I mention I got no sleep at all today?

Goddammit, I just want to be done with all this shit and go visit Granddad in Simferopol. Is this so much to ask?
You're welcome. :P

More seriously, that sounds... horrible. I hate it when that sort of thing happens.

* Tawarochir shows his understanding in the most appropriate manner for the situation
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile

Are you being drafted?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf

I was just about to ask too - yesterday I saw Knit Tie mentioning something about some combat training or whatnot and now you too? Well, good luck buddy.

From my observation I came to conclusion that mandatory serving in armed forces can be quite beneficial. It seems to me, the younger people are these days, the more they lack discipline, some common social skills like working and communicating in group, focus and such. Serving in army is a lifetime experience that everyone should acquire. Helps you shape your opinion on things, be it anti or pro-military. But I'm ranting here. :v

Still, this medical examination mishmash is indeed rage-worthy and I feel for you, Avis-Mergulus.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

-snipped-
Team Fortress lets you put 8 hours of work into it?
TerraFirmaCraft, it's a DF-themed Minecraft mod.

Ah, the perils of acronyms.
Although how you get Team Fortress from TFC is a mystery. If I'd missed out the C or put 2 in by accident, I'd understand.

EDIT: Something a little but not too ragey, my brother made every indication he was working today (nearly outright stating he would be yesterday), and used it to get more time on the computer. Cue him NOT being at work today and claiming he never indicated he was.

Thankfully, I got to the computer before him today, so he can look forwards to not getting on.
Team Fortress Classic, bro. If he thought you meant the newer one, he'd have said so. >:T
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

From my observation I came to conclusion that mandatory serving in armed forces can be quite beneficial. It seems to me, the younger people are these days, the more they lack discipline, some common social skills like working and communicating in group, focus and such. Serving in army is a lifetime experience that everyone should acquire. Helps you shape your opinion on things, be it anti or pro-military. But I'm ranting here. :v
I was almost drafted and I have some friends who were, so allow me to assure you that serving in the army means being sent to do menial tasks by officers, treated like shit and is generally a waste of time unless you planned to pursue a military career beforehand, in which case you'd have gone to military school and got drafted as an officer.

Granted, draft day was one of the funniest days of my life.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf

And I'd be the first one to believe you, Deathsword. While I said the above, I also do not think that army is an institution that would magically transform all young people into a productive, disciplined member of a society. It really isn't that much different then school or, heck, your ordinary working life - you have someone above you, you do task that may or may not be beneficial to you and you do them if you like it or not (or face consequences)... But still, the degree of how serious the consequences get is bigger than in school and that gets you some motivation. Army is a mostly just a) a badly disguised brainwashing institution, b) glorified contest of grinding the same menial tasks, c) place that teaches you to kill or get killed or any combination of those three.

Still, at least SOME people would learn not to leave their crap where it falls everywhere they go.

*sigh*

I might be just delusional though.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

Depends on where you live, really. I know in the US kids are generally getting more and more productive, though that's not usually the common perception. I mean, for instance, most of them are employed while in school.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

I think a draft would be useful.

Only, you know, into a not!army. >_>

Doesn't mean I want it, though. :P
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

* LordSlowpoke opens a bunch of windows and places the deschan between then

yes perfect

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile

Nah, I'm not being drafted, I just have to get my military registry passport as a draft-eligible citizen. On the subject of mandatory military service, I find that it's terribly unfair, and undermines boys' chance for higher education no matter where they get sent - our army's become a much nicer place to be in the previous decade, but still, you forget errthing you were taught in school.
I wouldn't have actually minded if we had compulsory service for everyone, like Israel. If you can both vote and walk, you can sure as hell tote a machinegun for a year, goddammit. It creates a culture of entitled women who think boys exist especially so they can refrain from defending themselves and their country. The thought that I could possibly die for a bunch of those makes me uncomfortable.

Anyway, problem is that this military registry passport has different health categories on it, and I need to be category A to be eligible for pilot training. If I get a B because of a psychiatrist, of all people, I'll be...just pah, life, are you fucking kidding me?
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

* LordSlowpoke opens a bunch of windows and places the deschan between then

yes perfect
Wut.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

you appear to be confused

would you like some help

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile

GOD DAMMIT YOINK!

WHY DID YOU NOT REJOICE WHEN I TOLD YOU TO REJOICE??!

NOW I AM BACK TO TEH BUNNEHPOOPS INSTEAD OF THE BIG BOY POOPS!
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile

Fuck.

Fuck ass and shit.

Try and install a few New Vegas mods and what do I fucking get? The new game button ceases to function.

Oh no, it's not with every button. Juuuust the new game button. The only thread I could find anywhere was very fucking informative.(Read: Not at all) So I have no fucking clue on how to troubleshoot this.

REINSTALLATION WOOHOO ::)
Pages: 1 ... 2591 2592 [2593] 2594 2595 ... 3345