Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2609 2610 [2611] 2612 2613 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3428312 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Or at least funnel some of that military spending into more R&D on that side. Instead of superfluous ridiculously expensive jets or whatever they're pissing away money on today.

Also on stealing other people's science. That might also work, though I'd hope someone would do a cost/benefit analysis on whether it's cheaper to have other people research and then invade them kidnap their scientists or whatever instead of doing their own research.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Or at least funnel some of that military spending into more R&D on that side. Instead of superfluous ridiculously expensive jets or whatever they're pissing away money on today.
Also on stealing other people's science. That might also work, though I'd hope someone would do a cost/benefit analysis on whether it's cheaper to have other people research and then invade them kidnap their scientists or whatever instead of doing their own research.
America is at the forefront of experimental research; America doesn't get to steal other people's tech, it's only ever the other way around.
Also again with cutting military spending; that's already happening and the DoD is for once considering actually trying to use its resources efficiently, focusing more on special forces and cybersecurity. There's also some weird things going on with congress not allowing the DoD to close down military bases they think are unneeded, which is odd considering the DoD told congress that they were running at 21% excess capacity. America could still operate as the world's undisputed military superpower with a much reduced budget if it just got more efficient. A lot of American problems could be solved by efficiency and the elimination of waste.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile

Plus medicaid, social security, and mandated company health insurance being replaced by a healthcare system that actually makes sense.

Although I guess that would go under "efficiency".
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile

EnigmaHat just reminded me about my moms current issues with that retarded scam Obamacare.

Ugh, what a fucking joke.

"Hey guys, *I* know how to get universal healthcare! We just FORCE the poor people to go get it, and charge them ludicrous fees when it turns out they can't find a company that would freaking accept them. GOOD JOB TEAM!"
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile

EnigmaHat just reminded me about my moms current issues with that retarded scam Obamacare.

Ugh, what a fucking joke.

"Hey guys, *I* know how to get universal healthcare! We just FORCE the poor people to go get it, and charge them ludicrous fees when it turns out they can't find a company that would freaking accept them. GOOD JOB TEAM!"
*whistles* Liberal mob, assemble! Get the conservative!
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile

*assembles*
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

*Disassembles*
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

*Reassembles*
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

*Burns components and laughs evilly over the charred remains*

Mwhahahahaha
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile

Can't kill the liberal, or else the crime squad comes a-knocking.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

i've got lots of skill in rifle like

and maybe .4 in dodge

lcs can't do shit

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile

Can't kill the liberal, or else the crime squad comes a-knocking.
But if all the liberals are dead, then a liberal crime squad cannot exist.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 04:04:07 pm by Lyeos »
Take a closer look at this text!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

We have a political thread for every flavor in the rainbow, so let's keep the politics there.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile

We have a political thread for every flavor in the rainbow, so let's keep the politics there.

Even the Yog Soggoth party?
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile

That's something you keep in the PMs to Xantalos.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.
Pages: 1 ... 2609 2610 [2611] 2612 2613 ... 3345