Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2674 2675 [2676] 2677 2678 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3421074 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

But we're not speaking Japanese. Why would we use a Japanese word instead of an English word?
See: anime
Okay, but in that instance, it's a concise description of a concept where no English word existed previously to describe that concept. We don't need _____ because the kind-of-word "emote" already exists.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile

No more rides to work. No useful bus route. Not going to spend money on a cab.

May have to walk.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile

H... how far is it?

You might wanna consider a car and license.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile

In the same town, at least. But it wouldn't be a fun walk. Minimum one hour, assuming it's decent terrain all the way there.

If it's like the walk home from school to my mom's, where there are no sidewalks and it's all ditches and hills, then I'm looking at maybe two and a half hours.

I know that the last stretch has no sidewalks whatsoever, and the roads are not designed with bikes in mind. Two cars can barely get through when passing one another. Which is scary considering that many big-rigs routinely pass through, since it's an industrial area.

Also, I may have to work the weekend again.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

Wow, that really sucks.

You might wanna consider a car and license.
Enormous +1 to this. Cars are (at least in my not-very-populated hometown) the best way of getting anywhere.
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile

But we're not speaking Japanese. Why would we use a Japanese word instead of an English word?

Yeah, because the English language is a bastion of linguistic hermitage and has never imported a word from another language before this.

Also, I'm pretty certain the word "emoji", like "anime", is English (or should I say Latin) in origin anyway.
Love, scriver~

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

Also, I'm pretty certain the word "emoji", like "anime", is English (or should I say Latin) in origin anyway.
As a Latin-literate person, I can tell you that Latin has no "j" and that the noun "animus" only ends in -e in the vocative case.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile

Living in the past, present, and future. Simultaneously. Apparently punching a furry momentarily gives you temporal omnipresence. Deck a fursuit, see the entire weave of your existence laid before you.

Note for future travelers who come across this message by space drug induced arm spasms: This post is a joke.
Insert furry jokes about Lovecraft's cat obsession here.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

... What does that have to do with an English word derived from Latin? :I I'm sure there are plenty of English-Latin words that end in e, or have a j, as it evolved. :v
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Quote from: Wikipizzle
the word emoji literally means "picture" (e) + "character" (moji)
There you have it, laid up in front of yo thugged-out ass.

Also, I be now feedin all mah posts all up in Gizoogle until tomorrow.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 09:14:37 pm by Tawarochir »
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

... What does that have to do with an English word derived from Latin? :I I'm sure there are plenty of English-Latin words that end in e, or have a j, as it evolved. :v
Nope, not really. The letter j is derived from the use of the Latin i to start a word (Jupiter is derived from the Latin Iuppiter) and the vocative case, while more probable, is still unlikely to be used as the basis for a derivation rather than a more extensively used form of the word (most derivations come from the nominative case).

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

I wouldn't be surprised if some people hadn't even heard of declensions and think "accusative" has something to do with blaming people.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

Okay, never mind. The point is that "emoji" is an completely and utterly awful combination of letters, and I will personally nuke the holy snot out of anyone - ANYONE - who uses it seriously.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I be bout ta lend you NUKE, mah most bangin spell, ta use on TIME magazine.

this post provided by Gizoogle

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

Excellent.
Pages: 1 ... 2674 2675 [2676] 2677 2678 ... 3345