Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2675 2676 [2677] 2678 2679 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3459912 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile

Be careful, the spell components might make your pockets smell funny.

* Tawarochir eats some dryad-leaf brownies
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

What is it about Bay12ers that makes psychotic mothers?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

Being lectured to about linguistics all the time :P?

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

I'm pretty sure anyone would turn into a psychotic mother after talking to you for a time, though, Remuthra. Even the men.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

I'm pretty sure anyone would turn into a psychotic mother after talking to you for a time, though, Remuthra. Even the men.
Right, let me talk to the CIA about contracting my talents.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Remember how, yesterday, I was told that I can't get the information I needed from the IRS office, and had to do it over the phone or online? And how I couldn't do it online because for some reason my personal information was incorrect?

Well, I tried to do it over the phone, only the first attempt, I try to get the phone system to repeat itself("TO HEAR THE LIST OF OPTIONS AGAIN, PRESS 9"), it bugs out and I have to call again. Only my phone displays "Check Call Restrictions -34" when I try, which I assume means I'm being blocked. So I use my stepdad's phone, and checking the menu of options again, I find that they don't have what I need(a transcript of verification of nonfiling, or proof that I did't file taxes for 2011-2012). I try to get something else(transcript of tax returns), only they "have no data for that year". Also, no option to talk to an actual person.

It's funny because the receptionist at the IRS was dead-set on saying that doing it over the phone was the proper way.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Remember how, yesterday, I was told that I can't get the information I needed from the IRS office, and had to do it over the phone or online? And how I couldn't do it online because for some reason my personal information was incorrect?

Well, I tried to do it over the phone, only the first attempt, I try to get the phone system to repeat itself("TO HEAR THE LIST OF OPTIONS AGAIN, PRESS 9"), it bugs out and I have to call again. Only my phone displays "Check Call Restrictions -34" when I try, which I assume means I'm being blocked. So I use my stepdad's phone, and checking the menu of options again, I find that they don't have what I need(a transcript of verification of nonfiling, or proof that I did't file taxes for 2011-2012). I try to get something else(transcript of tax returns), only they "have no data for that year". Also, no option to talk to an actual person.

It's funny because the receptionist at the IRS was dead-set on saying that doing it over the phone was the proper way.
I'd walk in and insist to do it in person anyway. It sounds to me like this would be the only way to get anything done at this point.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'd walk in and insist to do it in person anyway. It sounds to me like this would be the only way to get anything done at this point.
I tried that, but I cannot because I lack a valid photo ID.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

This may come in handy.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I guess I'll try that, although the comments are not making me hopeful.

...And the last four digits are 1040. -_-

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

I guess I'll try that, although the comments are not making me hopeful.

...And the last four digits are 1040. -_-
Good luck.

As a general rule, by the way, dialing zero once or twice will often kick you to a real person.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

Failing to dial anything for long enough usually results in that, too.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In my experience, not dialing anything for long enough results in disconnect.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

In my experience, not dialing anything for long enough results in disconnect.
That does happen, too. It's kind of a crapshoot.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The Lost Woods are EVIL. In all the games. Especially in A Link Between Worlds. Even worse than that owl from OOT. Why Nintendo, Why!?!?!?!?!???!!!!!!
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?
Pages: 1 ... 2675 2676 [2677] 2678 2679 ... 3345