Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2750 2751 [2752] 2753 2754 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3381918 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Hooray Philippines!

First day for the official K+12 program; thanks for adapting to the everyoneelsearoundyou!
I will never know Grades 1-6//HighSchool 1-4 > College ever again because of you! :D

Now there's new terms and stuff :<
Granted I'm of the older generation but still >_>

blazing glory

Basement is freezing. I have been keeping the door to my room closed over to keep the warmth from escaping.

Mom came in without even knocking, wanting me to show her my school schedule. I showed her, and she made notes of all the class times. She then asked that I show her my bank account. I told her that she is being nosy, and she said that she wasn't being nosy, and that it is her business to know what's in my bank.

"How else are you supposed to get rich without me monitoring your account?"

Luckily, the website recognized that this isn't the computer I normally use to visit the bank site and it asked me for a security question. Only need to fail one question to get the computer locked out of the site.

Well seeing how you told us that a gypsy woman told her that you were going to be a millionaire,she wanted to know if you were rich yet.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile

-snip-
Any chance the college will let you test out of the class?

Not really. Especially not at this point. Right now my plan is to find a Calculus 2 class (I'm taking Calculus 1 this spring, hopefully) available online, if one exists, for the upcoming summer, to bring me back in line with the course. If it's any consolation, I suppose, I did test out of another class by ACT score (required English), so that's a few credits I won't have to pay for. And I get half-off tuition anyway.

Also, college book prices. What the hell.
If you haven't already, check online. Used, rentals, ebook (Legit or otherwise, and providing your class is cool with an ebook -- check with the teacher, make no mention of source if sketchy), whatever. Also potentially check with the teach to make sure older editions won't work the class -- sometimes they do, and they're likely to be cheaper than whatever the class is using. Do not buy from the college or local bookstore(s) unless you have absolutely no other option. They are almost certainly ripping you off to a massive degree, comparatively.

E: Though you're probably still going to be dropping at least a couple hundred. S'just less likely to be several hundred.

2 things conspiring against me - 1: A lot of classes are still professor TBA, and/or don't have books assigned, and 2: I'm not actually the one buying at this point. Though I will be informing the one buying that I've already found cheaper copies, even if they don't have 'pick them up when you move in' type-deals. It's not worth the hundred or more for some of this stuff.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Mm... yeah, with no idea of the prof or the books not assigned, it gets trickier.

The bright side is there's a strongly non-zero chance -- especially with the conditions you've noted -- that the teachers will be understanding and/or supportive of students that don't immediately have their books at the beginning of the semester (and if not, well, kindly point out to them it's their administrative fuckup that's caused this, not yours. In more polite terms, of course, but still.) because the books in question are still on their way. Think the latest I've gotten a book was like 2-3 weeks into the course, a couple of times so far, due to stuff like what you're talking about. Because goddamn hell no am I paying $200+ more than I have to for a textbook, even if it does mean having some difficulty following the class for the first month or missing some assignments or whatever.

Other good idea is to contact your adviser with pertinent information regarding the situation -- they may actually know (or be able to find out) more than is publicly accessible and/or be able to sooth things over with whatever teacher you do end up with, if you do end up having to wait a couple weeks to chop off a couple hundred bucks from a book. Beyond sympathy and understanding, the blighters do want your money (regardless as to if it's you, specifically, or a third party, doing the actual paying), and they're pretty strongly incentivized to bend a little, where possible, to keep you on campus, in classes, and paying tuition and fees. Or, if possible, contact your fellow students. There's a strong possibility that one or more would be willing to share book access for a bit while your own copy is in transit -- maybe in exchange for studying help or a lil'cash or whatev', but who knows.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile

Level design in the Skyrim Creation Kit is absolute bullshit. The controls are twitchy, everything's transparent from angles that I could really do with not being transparent so I can get the seams lined up properly, all the different models are labelled with frustratingly little information, and because of the pain-in-the-ass camera I accidentally ended up sticking this salt mine in a place where it's only accessible by going through an area swarming with hostile cannibalistic tribals. God. Dammit.
くコ:彡

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Level design in the Skyrim Creation Kit is absolute bullshit. The controls are twitchy, everything's transparent from angles that I could really do with not being transparent so I can get the seams lined up properly, all the different models are labelled with frustratingly little information, and because of the pain-in-the-ass camera I accidentally ended up sticking this salt mine in a place where it's only accessible by going through an area swarming with hostile cannibalistic tribals. God. Dammit.
That's so you but DLC's instead of making mods.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile

Eh, its probably because they originally had it as an unpolished dev tool and they didn't bother to completely clean it up for outsider users.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Raeg: I'm gone for 24 hours and my PPd drops by 5. Such raeginess.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

Came into the office today to find my desk completely covered in ants.

Apparently they like lazerjet.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

even ants know printer ink is expensive as all hell, they can barter a single tank for enough food to last half a winter

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

Laser printers don't even use ink. They use lasers, duh.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

Toner?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile

sweet, sweet lasers.

since saccharine is carcinogenic i petition to use lasers instead
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

I got bitten by an ant on the lip.

How the fuck did it even get there?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

I think it just wanted a kiss :v
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 2750 2751 [2752] 2753 2754 ... 3345