Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2751 2752 [2753] 2754 2755 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3425270 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

My dad tried to convince me to switch courses again, even though I got pissed off when he tried it the last two times, and this time I just got out of bed so I was even more irritable.

Fucks sake man, I don't care that it would be slightly easier to find a specific kind of job, the course has nothing that interests me and is extremely focused on that one thing. The course I want to take though is a lot more interesting with a lot more diversity, ranging from electronics, robotics, data safety and processing and a bunch of other stuff I can't remember right now.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile

I was too tired to do my laundry today. Goddamnit I need to sleep more regularly.
I blame videogames.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

How old is your computer?

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

Are you sure your computer is 32 bits? 5 years should be enough that you might have a 32 bit OS on a 64 bit computer.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile

-snip-
I guess I should be happy I haven't run into those questions in my SE study program. Yet. *knocks on wood*
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

I was too tired to do my laundry today. Goddamnit I need to sleep more regularly.
I blame videogames.

I concur wholeheartedly.

Summer always messes up my sleep pattern.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

MAS90, my old nemesis. We meet again.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

Are you sure your computer is 32 bits? 5 years should be enough that you might have a 32 bit OS on a 64 bit computer.
Until about two months ago I had a 32bit computer. OS too, but I had 3gigs of RAM and all that. Had to swap out pretty much everything for the upgrade. So it's quite possible greatorder has a 32bit PC.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Bleh, Paint. I nearly lost one image because it said it was interrupted while saving. I spent an inordinate amount of time with another which didn't turn out too well because one of the things I was working on, it decided to compress(badly) while working on it, not when saving or anything. It also went badly because RPGMakerXP still uses stupid limited palettes that took me weeks to figure out how to break on RPGMaker2k3.

The high school near my house is already back in session.
Same here, noticing it today.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile

http://arstechnica.com/business/2014/08/comcast-conveniently-forgets-no-fees-promise-until-confronted-by-recording/

I really dislike Comcast, and am glad that I have Verizon (even though I don't agree with their network neutrality policies), but this only deepens my hatred for them.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

Got a chance to watch our demo reel at work today. Saw Madden, which I'm interested in because I actually like football, unlike most of you nerds. :p Anyway, graphics are phenomenally good, character models look amazing, and even the grass looks great. Then I noticed, in the promo two clipping errors and a teleport tackle. It's almost like all they worked on over the last year were visuals. >:C Damn you, EA, and your damned monopoly!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Got a chance to watch our demo reel at work today. Saw Madden, which I'm interested in because I actually like football, unlike most of you nerds. :p Anyway, graphics are phenomenally good, character models look amazing, and even the grass looks great. Then I noticed, in the promo two clipping errors and a teleport tackle. It's almost like all they worked on over the last year were visuals. >:C Damn you, EA, and your damned monopoly!
Teleport Tackle? Madden 2014: Wizard Edition, anyone?

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

More like Madden 02 onward. This is a long standing issue.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

More like Madden 02 onward. This is a long standing issue.
I don't know what you said. But ok.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile

So friggin' pissed at my dad right now.

My parents and sister just got home, and, as is typical, my father asks me how long I'd been using the computer. I inform him that it was four hours, and he starts friggin' nagging about how I get an 'attitude' when I use it to long and kicks me off. That's where the problems start. First off, 'attitude' is the kind of word you use with a 6-year-old who thinks he has authority over his parents, not a tenth grader who's used a computer for four hours. Second, I had been using mt 'annoyed' tone of voice because my mom asked if I'd put on deodorant today, as if I hadn't been using it every goddamn day for a couple years now. So, I put forth the idea that I have this 'attitude' because... I forget the exact wording, but it was roughly something like 'because you guys are nagging me'.

Then he informs me I 'lost a day' on it and reminds me that using the computer is a privilege, not a right.

This just friggin' SUCKS. Hell, I can tell from that alone that his day sucked. He always takes this kind of thing out on me. Spent three hours outside cutting wood, and I make some kind of offhand comment that could be misinterpreted? GTFO (minus the F part) of the office. That kind of thing.

In fact, they just despise my usage of the computer, even though most of what I do is socialize. Using bay12? I'm clearly playing video games. Reading Wikipedia? They must see it as playing DF or something. To add insult to injury, my sister does basically the same thing, except she listens to crappy pop music at the same time and talks with people she knows IRL and intersperses it with watching those really crappy TV shows aimed at middle-school girls. Do they get pissed at her for being glued to her iPod 24/7? Hell naw.

>:(
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.
Pages: 1 ... 2751 2752 [2753] 2754 2755 ... 3345