Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2754 2755 [2756] 2757 2758 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3425482 times)

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile

fucking dog made a mess of the kitchen it got into the bin
important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

Summer's too hot, anyway. The rest of the seasons are for socialization and whatever. Summer is for suffering and staying in the shade.
Vampire.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Vampire.
Not cold-blooded. Freaking lizard people step the hell off. Humans have warm blood, summer sucks.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

Agreed, especially with summer here finally starting and temperatures approaching 40 degrees in the past few days.

Oh, and some more rage, this time just after lunch. Dad tried to convince me to change courses again, going so far to claim that I might have a better chance getting a job with a masters (I think it's a masters, three year course or something) degree than people who have an engineering degree in the same course.

Because that makes absolutely perfect sense :I
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

Bloody customers. It's not our job to reconcile your accounts receivable. That's why they hired you, the CPA, to fucking do their books.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile

Mine seem to think computer radiation will stop me from having children, and give me cancer.
So will breathing if you do it long enough. They should be campaigning against that, too.

Stop respiration oppression! Asphyxiate now, and keep breathing from killing you!

Bad in the light of Robin Williams' death. You could have said that around the time he died.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FunnyAneurysmMoment
That reminds me of how, when I heard of his death, I considered watching one of the movies he was in. And I think the first one I thought of was "What Dreams May Come". Then I reconsidered it, in light of the circumstances.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

More like Madden 02 onward. This is a long standing issue.
I don't know what you said. But ok.
Basically, he means a glitch where a tackle is made from an impossible distance. If it's been around since Madden '02, then then it's an issue that has existed in twelve years of games without being fixed.

If your parents keep nagging at you to give them grandchildren...

Spoiler: touching poles (click to show/hide)
*_*
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile

this time-travel system bullshit is getting to me
i'm getting confused in it myself and i created it!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 02:49:31 pm by Sergarr »
._.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My Rage for the day: People calling suicide selfish, particularly when linked with depression. Luckily I've only seen this argument online (if you have to hide behind the internet to say something, it's a good sign you're wrong). If I ever heard someone say it in person, I'd probably fly in to an honest to goodness rage, and I don't normally physically rage...

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I would say that they hurt many people when they do it, so in that aspect it is selfish. I don't mean in an "They did this for themselves, no one else! They could control it!" type thing, but in a "Think of your family, you'll hurt them" type way.

If this still conforms to your whole fly-into-a-rage thing, then I would most gladly say it to your face. There are no winners in suicide.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, I'm not going to argue with that exactly. The main thing though is, if someone commits suicide, despite the knowledge of the injury it will do to others, they are not healthy. It's not like he couldn't not do it, because no loving parent in their right mind would do that to a spouse and child.
My issue is that the term Selfish imply's deliberate action, I guess is where I'm coming from.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes, it may not be polite to say it, and it may have connotations towards deliberate action, but it can still be seen as selfish.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

It wouldn't be suicide if it weren't deliberate though.
It'd be... well an accident.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

There's always the flipside of "Why kill myself? Why not kill the actual problem? Everyone else?"

I'm not a fan of suicide, unless I can go out in a way that I would be proud of ending myself. Basically, leaving a massive "Fuck you" to God, and the rest of the world. If I am to have my life end; it'll be on my own terms, and that includes method of departure. Cowardice is the last thing to come to mind about my own suicide when you see what I have in mind for methods. Hell, I'll even hold up a post-mortem high score board for elaborate ones, or the kind you can score with (like crashing a car and making it spin like a top; how many spins can you get? What value of collateral damage can you get done, physically and psychologically? And so forth.).

All things considered, only other reason for me talking like this is just plain having a crummy day, where Status Quo is apparently God, and every gorram work day has to end on a rainy note, especially after the whole day was beautiful, clear skies, blue and bright and sunny (including today, which a torrent hit me JUST as I finished working, and ONLY affected where it mattered (preventing me from driving home in my own ride, and having to borrow my work vehicle for another consecutive work day (because as much faith in me that my boss has in working and such; no faith whatsoever with a moped and a little water on the road. Mind you, I recovered from a few whiskey throttles (one caused by my tire exploding, and the other, SANS WIPEOUT. They witnessed me almost spill it, and then tame my moped like a bucking bronco to full control in less than a dozen seconds; AND STILL NO FAITH IN MY SKILLS. God-fucking-damn it all. Why are the faithful always devoid of it? I justified myself.), and the mere fact that I can overtake cars with a fucking moped), including being imposing enough, or a dense enough overcast, to discourage me from enjoying outdoors all day). It's been like this for months so far, and I'm willing to drag God out of Heaven, and run Him down with my work vehicle; or at least, drag Him behind it for a few miles. That's how pissed off I am right now.

Add to all this, we've been working on getting some new workers, and every one we've been getting is a total fuck-up. First day of work, and then "I need a week off to do something", employee 1 is out. Another hire, another work day or two, they're arrested and in jail for DUI. Third employee, work day, nearly gets hit by a car as he is being dropped off (why can't we be armed in traffic? I want my motor-vehicle EMP to shoot down bad drivers and halt them to a complete stop where a jumpstart is required; that or maybe a dart gun to shoot out tires with to pull them over. Our drivers are a constant source of life endangerment, and they're jam-packed in my town. Road rage is the only way to control the masses. I miss terrorizing the roads with my crappy, though effectively terrifying looking (as in, I care not it's condition it's been, a mobile total'd, Alpha Car; basically, if it was tailing you, then you're doing something wrong in traffic, and the driver behind you has no fear of wrecking you. A road-legal demolition derby car.), next day, no arrival, they're in the hospital pissing blood because of steroid abuse or something. This has been the norm for me for a good while, and I'm ready to do something about it, even if it means killing God off to make progress.

All things considered, my boss needs to improve his background checking abilities. Because I'm gonna turn into a mental patient at this rate.

EDIT:
Fuck it, I might as well already be, considering recent post, and my gut feeling about society's POV about me. Not shocking since it hasn't changed since I was a single-digit age (eg- since kindergarten). Creepy and special-needs candidate material; despite being the one-in-a-million decent person where everyone else, despite being kind people, are horrifically demonic (in essence, I have been fired long ago, and yet I'm on the verge of down-shifting into part-time in the same job as an end result. So I have proof. What proof? Besides the obvious, basically everyone else fired by them left in a huff. Me, I endured; and my reward is being given the opportunity to leave on a better note, with at least the downshift being an option in-the-works right now (thus the new cannon fodder employees.).).

Sorry about my usual Wall 'o' Text. But it's better I get the rest out of me, than let it settle in longer. I don't like getting drunk angry. Last thing I need is to make that an emotional crutch; and be mistaken for having a drug/drinking problem. No level of sobriety can calm THAT rage down.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 04:34:11 pm by Itnetlolor »

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile

BROTHER.

STOP FUCKING MEOWING.

STOP SAYING "I'M TALKING TO THE CAT" WHEN I TELL YOU TO STOP.

STOP ACTING SO SURPRISED WHEN IT PISSES EVERYONE OFF.

SON OF A BITCH, YOU'D THINK THAT A 15 YEAR OLD GUY WOULD BE ABLE TO UNDERSTAND THAT HE'S A FUCKING TERRIBLE PERSON WHEN HE LIVES TO ANNOY HIS FAMILY MEMBERS.

Mom complained about his meowing to my aunt over the phone, which my brother overheard, and he promptly started yelling at my mother for "badmouthing him behind his back".

Guess what, moron, if you act stupid all day for no reason, people are going to treat you like you act stupid all day for no reason. The solution is not to get angry and demand that people stop talking badly of you. The solution is to stop doing stupid shit.

Jesus.
Pages: 1 ... 2754 2755 [2756] 2757 2758 ... 3345