Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2758 2759 [2760] 2761 2762 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3442276 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

this gnat keeps flying in my airstream

twice up my nose and once in my mouth today

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile

Body.
We have to do the thing tomorrow.
Why you no sleep?  >:(

Yes, I'm mad at myself.
For not being able to sleep!
I'm not even nervous or excited or anything!
Take a closer look at this text!

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Body.
We have to do the thing tomorrow.
Why you no sleep?  >:(

Yes, I'm mad at myself.
For not being able to sleep!
I'm not even nervous or excited or anything!
Wait, are you being shipped to college in the box mentioned in your profile?

blazing glory

For some reason sleeping more often makes my eyes even more tired.

Sleep is overrated but I can't help it.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile

Uuuuuuuugh. I just woke up. And it's waaaaaaaaaaay too early. Bleeegrh. I feel like a dumbass corpse who forgot how to dead.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

... yeah, I hear you on that one. Sleep for the last few years has had something like a 50/50 chance of me waking up feeling like clawing my eyes (or at least the left one) out would be an improvement on the situation. Dryness, pain, fairly extreme exhaustion, rather disturbing redness... kiiiinda' sucks. Probably need to bug a doctor about it, but the last eye check I had, I asked, and the doc just kinda' shrugged and mumbled something about possibly allergies and eyedrops (which did jack all when I tried 'em).
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile

Try sleeping with your eyes closed  :P
Love, scriver~

Stuebi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have my own personal war with sleep as well.

I have to get up at 5 AM in the morning. For quite a while I ahve been going to bed at around midnight, which translates to around 5 hours of sleep. Most people I know say it's not enough, and considering that I nodded away during one of my teachers lectures about finance, it's true. So I started going to bed 2 hours earlier, at 10 PM. The same time my father goes to bed.

I swear, I feel MORE tired than before when I stand up. How does that even work?
English isnt my mother language, so feel free to correct me if I make a mistake in my post.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

I have my own personal war with sleep as well.

I have to get up at 5 AM in the morning. For quite a while I ahve been going to bed at around midnight, which translates to around 5 hours of sleep. Most people I know say it's not enough, and considering that I nodded away during one of my teachers lectures about finance, it's true. So I started going to bed 2 hours earlier, at 10 PM. The same time my father goes to bed.

I swear, I feel MORE tired than before when I stand up. How does that even work?
Sleep deficit is a magical thing.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Stuebi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I just looked up sleep debt and appearantly, it could just  take a while for me to get a decent rythm going and "paying" off the deficit I made by only sleeping 5 hours each day.

Dear god, I hope this will have worked until next week. Im tired of...being tired.
English isnt my mother language, so feel free to correct me if I make a mistake in my post.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile

Be happy, I haven't slept more than an average of 3 hours a night for nineteen years, I don't think I'll be able to catch up until I die.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

If I wake up but feel tired and go back to sleep, almost certainly I'll wake up again and be MORE tired.

I'm starting to just wake up when I wake up instead of that :v

Edit: I heard from SciShow that sleep deficits take a loooong time to pay off, compared to how many nights deficit you are.

I also heard tell that chronic sleep deficits can lead to brain damage, or at least that it takes so long for you to regain your mental faculties from sleep deprivation that it might as well *BE* brain damage.

I.E. put off sleep deficit reduction too long and you'll never regain 100% of your brain power again.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 09:40:50 am by Descan »
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I woke up at 11 today. That's like... an hour less of surfing the internet.
Pages: 1 ... 2758 2759 [2760] 2761 2762 ... 3345