Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2787 2788 [2789] 2790 2791 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3382248 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Read The $@#!ing Rules!
« Reply #41820 on: August 20, 2014, 08:25:41 pm »

There wasn't any OOC quote posts in the past hour. It was locked. Couldn't say why, but I rather imagine reading the OP and then the last couple pages of it gives a good inkling.

Though any discussion of such should probably be taken out of the thread with a specific rule against talking about other B12 threads.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #41821 on: August 20, 2014, 08:26:17 pm »

-snip-
Man, does everybody here work with a load of idiots?
I don't! I'm unemployed :D
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41822 on: August 20, 2014, 08:27:06 pm »

Same here! I work with just one...
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #41823 on: August 20, 2014, 09:47:10 pm »

So one of the roommates had a girl over, and before she came over he was talking about wanting some time alone to bang or whatever. I hadn't eaten yet so I figured I'd go eat, let them do whatever, then come back when they were done.

Long story short, I walked around for two and a half hours with nowhere to go all in the name of being polite and letting my dormmate get some. Shitlord didn't even get any. They went to the rec to play basketball instead.

Damn college kids and their libidos, man. Shit's inconvenient.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41824 on: August 20, 2014, 09:48:15 pm »

Next time, don't leave. Just ask if he needs someone to hold the video camera. He should get the hint and you don't get walked on.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41825 on: August 20, 2014, 10:20:08 pm »

fucking hell

No-one in the office seems to know what the fuck to do with me. Loads get assigned and then taken away. Now, ten minutes before my ultimatum, they're finally getting me on the road.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #41826 on: August 20, 2014, 10:39:54 pm »

Why does an existing roguelike engine make less sense than the engine I made?

It shouldn't be like that. People who know what they're doing should be better at documentation than me.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #41827 on: August 20, 2014, 10:40:52 pm »

How's that work if it turns out you know what you're doing now?
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #41828 on: August 20, 2014, 10:51:23 pm »

My utter idiot of a Directing teacher literally walked in, handed us the syllabus, spent 20 minutes talking to some kid about cars, mumbled something about not wanting to be here today, and left. On an hour 15 minute class. Fucking teach, I'm paying way too much for this to be a free hour.

Welcome to college? It's a good thing the me of now isn't the me of college, or I'd have regularly raised my hand and gone "Hey I'm paying several hundred dollars for this course. Can we make with the teaching, please?"
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #41829 on: August 21, 2014, 01:32:25 am »

My utter idiot of a Directing teacher literally walked in, handed us the syllabus, spent 20 minutes talking to some kid about cars, mumbled something about not wanting to be here today, and left. On an hour 15 minute class. Fucking teach, I'm paying way too much for this to be a free hour.

Welcome to college? It's a good thing the me of now isn't the me of college, or I'd have regularly raised my hand and gone "Hey I'm paying several hundred dollars for this course. Can we make with the teaching, please?"
Go yell at the dean yadayadayada

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41830 on: August 21, 2014, 02:22:47 am »

The two comics I was most looking forward to getting on new comic day sold out before I got there.
And one of those usually sells really slowly, too- at least it always seemed that way. At least I picked up the collected volume of Six-Gun Gorilla, which I'd been wanting for a while, and apparently you can buy comics in their online store before they come out and choose the 'in-store pickup option', so I guess I'll do that in future.

Still. Going to have to check some of the other comic stores around tomorrow, try and get copies of them both.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41831 on: August 21, 2014, 02:23:11 am »

Only hundreds?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #41832 on: August 21, 2014, 03:33:44 am »

The two comics I was most looking forward to getting on new comic day sold out before I got there.
And one of those usually sells really slowly, too- at least it always seemed that way. At least I picked up the collected volume of Six-Gun Gorilla, which I'd been wanting for a while, and apparently you can buy comics in their online store before they come out and choose the 'in-store pickup option', so I guess I'll do that in future.

Still. Going to have to check some of the other comic stores around tomorrow, try and get copies of them both.
Wait, six gun gorilla?
HOLY SHIT THAT SOUNDS SO AWSOME.
IS HE LIKE A SPIDER RILLA WITH GUNS?!
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #41833 on: August 21, 2014, 08:10:32 am »

I just missed my chair and fell onto the floor and hit my tailbone and it hurt like hell.

Also my vision is kind of wonky now as if I was having a migraine. But I'm not. Unless you can have one where the pain is centered in your tailbone.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41834 on: August 21, 2014, 08:17:57 am »

My cheap headphones' cable was tangling so badly, and the sound has become too broken/hollow for me to use them properly anymore.
So yay, using earphones for the PC. Except it's bad because now I can't voice chat anymore. SHIET.
Pages: 1 ... 2787 2788 [2789] 2790 2791 ... 3345