Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2788 2789 [2790] 2791 2792 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3423146 times)

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Read The $@#!ing Rules!
« Reply #41835 on: August 21, 2014, 08:38:17 am »

Why can't people understand that their empty words of encouragement aren't helping me? If you don't have anything constructive to say, please just fucking drop it. Blind confidence can't solve every fucking problem.

And I'm tired of playing peacekeeper in this family. Everyone is at eachother's throats constantly, and they are always trying to recruit me against the other. Whenever I do anything to try and smooth over a situation, someone always has to get hostile for it, and the whole thing escalates and festers. Yet, it's becoming more and more obvious that all the friction is going to rip this family to shreds anyways, regardless of my actions. Everyone's doing the same shit over and over but expecting a different result. I love them, but they lack even the smallest amount of self-awareness, and I can't take much more of it before I completely snap.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 08:41:39 am by Lagslayer »

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41836 on: August 21, 2014, 11:54:04 am »

Why can't people understand that their empty words of encouragement aren't helping me? If you don't have anything constructive to say, please just fucking drop it. Blind confidence can't solve every fucking problem.

And I'm tired of playing peacekeeper in this family. Everyone is at eachother's throats constantly, and they are always trying to recruit me against the other. Whenever I do anything to try and smooth over a situation, someone always has to get hostile for it, and the whole thing escalates and festers. Yet, it's becoming more and more obvious that all the friction is going to rip this family to shreds anyways, regardless of my actions. Everyone's doing the same shit over and over but expecting a different result. I love them, but they lack even the smallest amount of self-awareness, and I can't take much more of it before I completely snap.
How long has that been happening?

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41837 on: August 21, 2014, 12:45:23 pm »

How long has that been happening?
The first part? My whole life.

The second part has been growing in intensity for the last few years, and has recently just taken a huge leap. For most of my life, I had not been able to comprehend the underlying problem. Now, whenever it rears is head, I get this horrible mixture of shame, dread, frustration, and blind rage. The answer is right in front of them, and I have told them multiple times, but it's like they just indiscriminately hit their reset buttons every few hours minutes.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #41838 on: August 21, 2014, 01:14:11 pm »

Sucks being the genetic outlier in your family.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41839 on: August 21, 2014, 02:26:45 pm »

The second part has been growing in intensity for the last few years, and has recently just taken a huge leap. For most of my life, I had not been able to comprehend the underlying problem. Now, whenever it rears is head, I get this horrible mixture of shame, dread, frustration, and blind rage. The answer is right in front of them, and I have told them multiple times, but it's like they just indiscriminately hit their reset buttons every few hours minutes.
There are some people who are just like that. And the nature of the problem means there's not much you can do about it.
I know a couple, though I'm not unlucky enough to have the obligations of family towards them, and honestly I don't think there's a lot you can do. You could either keep what you're doing, do the same but harder in the hopes it changes something, or stop.

Not a very wide set of options really.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41840 on: August 21, 2014, 02:50:26 pm »

Bleh, worked later than usual, because there was a big barbecue to welcome the new semester. They planned for 315 people, less than 150 showed up. Not sure if my ex-crush was there. I think not and I suppose I should be glad, since I don't know what I'd do if I see her. I still intend to take legal action against the college to have her expelled for what she did and the way the school handled it.

It seems as though my sister's job is trying not to pay her. Even more, they(or the bank she gets direct deposit into) charged her $25 to reactivate her card, but it still wouldn't work. She's pissed, and for that, so am I.
I thought you hated your sister?

I'm glad there's still some family loving going on :v
Other sister.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #41841 on: August 22, 2014, 06:04:38 am »

Fire alarm. Again.

Has to be the fifth time this week. Fucking freshmen not understanding how cooking works.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41842 on: August 22, 2014, 10:18:13 am »

Did someone tell them "If all else fails, use fire?"
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #41843 on: August 22, 2014, 10:25:40 am »

In my experience, people tend to leave stupid shit in microwaves. Like metal
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #41844 on: August 22, 2014, 10:27:03 am »

Well, it's unlikely fire was actually involved. We just have overeager smoke detectors.

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile
« Reply #41845 on: August 22, 2014, 10:28:05 am »

To be forgiven you have to fend off a horde of alien Walkers
important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41846 on: August 22, 2014, 11:02:19 am »

I knew not to do that when I was 5.
And these are college students? ???
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #41847 on: August 22, 2014, 11:05:38 am »

Booze is a hell of a drug, Siru. As are all the other drugs. And people that never cooked for themselves, ever. There are way more of those than you'd think plausible.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #41848 on: August 22, 2014, 11:22:18 am »

Cooking is hard yo.

* The Darkling Wolf wanders off to swaddle his scarred and burned hands in more bandages.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41849 on: August 22, 2014, 01:57:14 pm »

Cooking is just chemistry for hungry people.

Anyway, my boss called in today, leaving me with the less experienced, panicky, zero people skills keyholder who won't shut the hell up about her damned tumblr roleplaying and fanfiction, despite me point blank telling her I'm not interested.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 01:58:55 pm by MaximumZero »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 2788 2789 [2790] 2791 2792 ... 3345