Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2802 2803 [2804] 2805 2806 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3429080 times)

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile

Remind me again, why am I, as a South African, expected to, in a biology test, know where major American centers of population are?
What's the context?

"What is unusual about this distribution [of heart disease deaths]?"

Correct answer: The highest density is in a rural area.

Apparently we're supposed to be able to answer questions like that with "general knowledge". I have insane general knowledge, at least when compared to my classmates, and I had no idea.
Ah yes that is indeed ridiculous of them to expect you to know that.
important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Remind me again, why am I, as a South African, expected to, in a biology test, know where major American centers of population are?
What's the context?

Apparently we're supposed to be able to answer questions like that with "general knowledge". I have insane general knowledge, at least when compared to my classmates, and I had no idea.

See, I would argue that that's not unusual. It makes sense that easier access to higher quality health care facilities, and quicker ambulance response times would decrease heart disease mortality.

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What's the context?

See, I would argue that that's not unusual. It makes sense that easier access to higher quality health care facilities, and quicker ambulance response times would decrease heart disease mortality.
interesting theory timferius

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

Enough to outweigh and surpass the far less dense population?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

well the question is was the density in the charts relative or actual

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile

Textbooks are such a racket, Jesus Christ
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Textbooks are such a racket, Jesus Christ
indeed they are

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile

I guess lower density in rural areas must be taken as people being spread out on separate farms, far from towns rather then a low population town. If you live an hour out of town, along winding dirt roads the ambulance could get lost or just take too long, or someone having an attack while in the middle of a field.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!

I think it was deaths per ten thousand, so it's not really that surprising that they're centered in a rural area. I was just irritated at the question existing at all.

Other rage, I spent a total of thirty-six hours at home from Thursday morning to Monday evening. It's a good thing my mother has a picture of my face.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile

Lots of fried food and fairs out in the rural areas of the USA. It's also harder to get preventative health care in the middle of nowhere unless you have plenty of money.

Meh we're all fat anyways though.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 11:10:35 am by Mictlantecuhtli »
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, heart attacks are one of those super survivable if you get help in minutes sort of thing. Plus vegitarianism, health food culture, diet cultuer etc. all tend to be more prevalent in Urban areas, where Rural areas tend to be a bit more traditional [citation needed]

Edit: Citation found, thanks Helgoland! http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=59069.msg5607056#msg5607056
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 01:33:46 pm by timferius »

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile

vegitarianism, health food culture, diet cultuer etc. all tend to be more prevalent in Urban areas, where Rural areas tend to be a bit more traditional
Found one!
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

Did they actually label them as rural/non-rural? Or were they expecting you to know that, say, "St. George" is a rural/urban town?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!

Did they actually label them as rural/non-rural? Or were they expecting you to know that, say, "St. George" is a rural/urban town?

They were expecting us to know that an X on an unlabeled map of America was in a rural area.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

vegitarianism, health food culture, diet cultuer etc. all tend to be more prevalent in Urban areas, where Rural areas tend to be a bit more traditional
Found one!

Awesome, thanks! I added a link to the citation's source for future accuracy.
Pages: 1 ... 2802 2803 [2804] 2805 2806 ... 3345