Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2803 2804 [2805] 2806 2807 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3428440 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

Did they actually label them as rural/non-rural? Or were they expecting you to know that, say, "St. George" is a rural/urban town?

They were expecting us to know that an X on an unlabeled map of America was in a rural area.
That is[/i] bullshit.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Caught a cold yesterday, which turned into a sore throat that kept me from sleeping at all, followed by a day of physical labor at work, and they want me to come in tomorrow.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

Did they actually label them as rural/non-rural? Or were they expecting you to know that, say, "St. George" is a rural/urban town?

They were expecting us to know that an X on an unlabeled map of America was in a rural area.

Welp.

That is annoying.

I could understand an unlabeled map of South Africa, hell even Africa as a whole, but a different country?

Canada or Russia I could understand if they pointed at the north/far east, those are fairly well known to be depopulated, but the USA, except the northern/central/border area, is fairly even throughout, at least insofar as other people in other countries would have a hard time guessing that.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmph.
Log, Earth date 08.26.2014
My attempt at human humour appears to have failed. The one they call greatorder has called me out. I fear they either  assume me an imbecile, or are starting to see through my ruse. I must initiate diversionary tactic Gamma.

OH hey guys! I am totally raging at <enter religion here>, they can just go take <enter popular political group here> and <enter obscene act here>. Discuss.

Also I agree, detecting populations centers on an unmarked map would be pretty difficult... Is it possible they got their textbooks from an American company?

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

My car just broke down.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!

Also I agree, detecting populations centers on an unmarked map would be pretty difficult... Is it possible they got their textbooks from an American company?

The guy who set the test is generally agreed to be a massive idiot in many respects. I wouldn't be surprised if he genuinely thinks it's basic general knowledge.

My car just broke down.

Ouch. Good luck.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

Aye, that was my first thought, it sounds like they have American textbooks.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

Raging at myself mostly. I feel a sense of deep butthurtedness coming over me, and my brother's wedding is the exact wrong time to be feeling that way. Gotta shake it off.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

I've been waiting for the tow truck for over an hour already. It's ridiculously hot out. I'm paying $50 for towing. Either my radiator broke (expensive) or a tube or something broke (cheap). I think the latter is more likely. That's what I'm telling myself at least.

Also I'm fucking tired of my family being convinced that everyone I know here is taking advantage of me. I feel like every time I talk to them, they're worrying about some stupid thing I mentioned to them that I've already forgotten about because they don't know the full story so they assume that I'm putting in all the work and everyone else is reaping the benefits.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

Caught a cow yesterday, which turned into a sore throat that kept me from sleeping at all, followed by a day of physical labor at work, and they want me to come in tomorrow.

Read it as that.

Was mildly surprised at it, 'til I figured out I'd misread.

I'll recommend honey mixed with hot water, again, but that's only a very short term solution. More a relief than a cure.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

The tow truck is going to be late! The lady recommended I wait at a restaurant nearby since it's so hot out. My car is stopped in a handicapped spot so I can't do that because I'm not paying a tow fee and a ticket today. I'm still melting.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

England your train system sucks and someone should get shot for this.

Is Tony Blair still alive?

NEVERMIND! I can set my title to Dame :3
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 04:37:07 pm by Dutchling »

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

Yes.

Last I heard he was on holiday, though.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

So my truck needs service. No idea what kind of service, since the other guy who drives this thing was the one who sent the initial request, then deleted his messages, then took the day off without calling to let me know what was up. So now its all on me somehow.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

A couple of guys from work saw me and helped push my car into a safe spot so I could go sit in the AC across the street.

Then the tow truck showed up and it was only 20 minutes late instead of the 40 they said they'd be (I'm still not happy about that), but I didn't see them at first because I was expecting them to call me when they got there because that's what they said they'd do. I ran across the street and the guy was planning on taking me to the wrong location, which luckily got fixed quickly.

Tow bill is $30 (yay random discount) and the diagnostic is $35. I'm out a bunch of money and they haven't really done anything to the car yet! I'm sure that will be chump change to compared to the new radiator or whatever the hell I'll have to buy.
Pages: 1 ... 2803 2804 [2805] 2806 2807 ... 3345