Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2817 2818 [2819] 2820 2821 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3426524 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

As always, the first thing you do when playing online multiplayer with people you're not somewhat familiar with is to immediately mute everyone else playing. Always. Every game. You're there for smarter bots, not interaction with the dregs of humanity.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

What if you're playing a co-op game like Left 4 Dead?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile

Like vampire films. I mean, who honestly doesn't want one vampire film in which, after much hardship, the vampire seduces the girl, bites her, then takes over the world?

The ending to Fearless Vampire Hunters is arguably exactly this, except gender-reversed.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

FPS cancer is cancer.
Seriously, most of it's playerbase is composed of retards who can only swear and ragequit whenever they are losing, or elitist groups that kick you out for slightest "offence" or not playing like the rest want you to play. Finding good group to play with is hard, and usually is people you know from other sites or RL.
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

What you see on TF2 is nothing to what you'll see on Counter-Strike: Source. As I've previously established on here, it has a bizarrely lively fanbase that is either a window back into 2005, or a Valve AI project I stumbled upon. It's bursting with jackasses, either way. And yet it gives it that strange gleeming appeal of watching how shit they are.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile

College move-in. Actually gone really well for the most part, but...

FIVE (FALSE) FIRE ALARMS IN 72 HOURS! Jesus Christ.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

GOG.COM's NEW SITE WON'T LET ME LOG IN.  EVERY TIME THEY CHANGE THE SITE THEY BREAK LOGIN.  I AM TOO ANGRY TO EVEN SWEAR.

I am a web developer IRL.  The terrible, terrible, unabashedly abysmal standard of development at GoG has irritated me no end since the beginning. This takes the cake though.  Their developers should be fired. Or sent back to school.  I have no idea how on earth they can seriously pretend they are a competitor to Steam, Gamersgate and HB when they can't even manage basic regression testing

Oh, and they also ticked off a bunch of publishers with an idiotic new pricing policy.  So GoG is losing a bunch of games, including ones like Gothic, Quest for Glory, etc.  SO STUPID.

/rant

The site works for me, and I even found that Stargunner and Flight of the Amazon Queen are free! I'll admit, though, I don't really care for the new layout, and the font size is too big, like they intended it for the visually impaired.

Are they losing publishers? I saw Gothic 2 and 3 on there, and they're on sale.

Problem of web development - need to test on multiple configs. I'm sure whatever configuration they tested on it works fine.  But that's not mine, and it's not a lot of people (I only use pretty standard addons).

They are losing publishers because of their new pricing policy. Including Nordic games, which has been a huge supporter of GOG.  http://www.gog.com/forum/general/last_chance_special  and the list of games is http://www.gog.com/promo/last_chance_special_promo_270814

If it's not fixed by Monday, I'll install the latest version of IE and try that so I can take advantage of the sale.  But I'm basically done purchasing from GOG if they're going to pull this kind of crap.  When every other site on the web works fine, there is no sane reason why GOG.com's new release should be so utterly broken.
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

What if you're playing a co-op game like Left 4 Dead?
With those, you learn to work together without direct communication. Not sure what, if anything, the game has insofar as signaling goes, but you can always improvise stuff like "Go this way" (point, run back and forth a little), "shooting at stuff over here" (shoot things), and whatnot, and pay attention to what the other player(s) are doing and support them without outright talking about it.

Basically, with any particular game you've generally got pretty specific goals and a relatively limited number of ways to achieve them, with an even smaller subset of ways that are actually notably effective. You don't really need to talk or listen to work in parallel in such a situation.

And if things go south, well, you can't hear them complaining so :V
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

Only yesterday did I remember that perhaps instead of dealing with the weird persistent spots of dry skin that have popped up (bad of ankles, one forearm, inbetween some fingers, and probably others I forgot about) by trying to scratch the dryness off (really why would I ever think that was a good idea) I should try applying skin moisturiser. All are now visually gone and significantly less uncomfortable.

I hate past me sometimes, I really do.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: "Fuck it, to the Woods" Editi
« Reply #42279 on: August 30, 2014, 05:00:12 pm »

Doth his thoughte layen on the lorn? That he chese old manere and falle amys?
:I
*Hugs Tiru*

@FPS: I play games with the sound off, so any morons screaming into their microphones aren't heard by me.
I actually prefer team based games (Natural Selection 2, Guns of Icarus Online) and I can confirm that you can work great with people without communication.
...If they're the right people. I've been with groups that work freaking awesome with me, and then about three times as many that are total shit.
Mostly it's finding the right people.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile

mastahcheese lives in Assholetown, Cuntland obviously.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

Don't we all.

Though it does seem he is in a particularly bad district of the town.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile

Oh, yeah, the Jerkass district.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

I prefer text chat when playing with random internet people. Voice chat is friends only.

It's too personal. It'd feel like using a photo of myself as my avatar on a game forum.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...I used to enjoy playing TF2 and NS1, until someone explained to me that my habit of muting/shutting out communication with all other players was extremely rude and disruptive to teamwork, and probably making people angry with me. Then I was too embarassed to play anymore, since I hate the idea of seeming rude in public almost as much as I hate listening to voice chatter in my multiplayer games.

Owned NS2 for years before it was even released and still haven't played it thanks to this. :(
Pages: 1 ... 2817 2818 [2819] 2820 2821 ... 3345