Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2836 2837 [2838] 2839 2840 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3442310 times)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: "Fuck it, to the Woods" Edition
« Reply #42555 on: September 03, 2014, 12:05:17 am »

I was sort of the same.  Moderate underachiever.  Failed homework, but aced tests.  Didn't find school challenging until halfway through high school.  Only paid attention for the first couple weeks of Algebra class, "got it", and would figure out the lesson while taking the test (and ace it) for the rest of the year, while did almost none of the homework.

I always hated busy-work myself... not to an extreme... but I had more social problems with school to the point that I just wasn't motivated.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: "Fuck it, to the Woods" Edition
« Reply #42556 on: September 03, 2014, 12:55:58 am »

That sounds remarkably familiar, SG.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #42557 on: September 03, 2014, 01:13:42 am »

That sounds like my habits, too.

I hate homework. It is the bane of my existence.

I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #42558 on: September 03, 2014, 01:32:47 am »

Fucking people fucking fuck fucks fucker from Fuckland why are they so fucking inefficient fucking bickering is fucking fuck pointless fuck other people have enough fucking problems without fuckers like you fucks fucking fucking them up more seriously just fucking go fuck yourself you shitfuck.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #42559 on: September 03, 2014, 01:43:45 am »

I read that, and now "fuck" no longer sounds like a word. What happened?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #42560 on: September 03, 2014, 01:48:25 am »

I dunno, I've always been apparently really good with a lot of stuff (Mostly logical stuff, like grammar or science and stuff like that) though I hyperventilate if given any task that doesn't have a black and white 'yes' or 'no' answer to it.

Screw homework though, that shit is atrocious.
I've never had trouble with admitting my own faults though, to a pretty large fault as I constantly insult myself not out of self-loathing (Perhaps a bit) but out of tradition I suppose, mostly that started happening after one time in sports a few years ago, I think? i was told by some other kid that I was horrible at the sport we were playing at the time, but there was a ton of bullying happening to me at the time, so that was about the point i broke and started to insult myself, that started a pretty bad slide downwards in which my grades in almost all classes started slipping from A to C across the board, and I still haven't recovered.

Also, this is the longest time I've seen any thread go off on a tangent, for good reason, I imagine.
And Salmon? I sympathize with that poor bastard because trust me on this, I've started High-school and it either gets panic inducingly hard or mind-numbingly boring or, if you're lucky, incredibly frustrating, there's a reason I've started constantly drinking Diet Coke, so if he wants to get through the later stages of school intact he better find friends, and fast.

Perhaps, anyway, for now I would see, perhaps he gets extra lucky and finds himself in the majority crowd, I wouldn't know yet.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42561 on: September 03, 2014, 02:32:06 am »

Fucking people fucking fuck fucks fucker from Fuckland why are they so fucking inefficient fucking bickering is fucking fuck pointless fuck other people have enough fucking problems without fuckers like you fucks fucking fucking them up more seriously just fucking go fuck yourself you shitfuck.
* Kevak huggles?
Not really sure what you're upset about but I would like to help.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42562 on: September 03, 2014, 03:39:28 am »

the bureaucratic machine consumed my custom made cute girl figurine

ever felt so annoyed you were hard pressed to turn it to words

yeah

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #42563 on: September 03, 2014, 04:50:20 am »

SG, have you tried to get him to learn more outside school? I was pretty much in his position in the early stages of primary school (admittedly it was somewhat more relaxed, but may still apply), and I pretty much covered the first couple of years outside of school which meant I was clear to get used to it.  Won't shut the teachers up, but might be helpful overall.
 Then again, my mum was a teacher, so that may explain its success early on. But yeah. Modern schooling sucks, and that's in England which seems far more relaxed than America from this discussion.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #42564 on: September 03, 2014, 05:29:31 am »

:-\

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #42565 on: September 03, 2014, 06:00:42 am »

Yeah, my school problems were pretty much the same as the rest of Bay12.

I pretty much said "fuck you system!" when I realized that I was learning everything they had to teach in the first lesson and there were always 8 billion of the exact same lesson to slog through afterward because apparently "normal" people absorb knowledge at the same rate planets absorb their satellites.

And of course homework is "the exact same thing, but now while you should be doing your own shit! WOO FUN!"

I honestly have no idea how public schools even exist, because its difficult to imagine the kind of upside down, inside out parallel universe where that shit could actually TEACH SOMETHING.
Well, something other then a ingrained desire to BURN IT ALL :P
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #42566 on: September 03, 2014, 06:40:33 am »

You should take in mind however, that what they're trying to teach you is not (only) whatever's in the books and stuff, but the ability to do mind-numbing and boring repetitive tasks.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #42567 on: September 03, 2014, 06:46:58 am »

You should take in mind however, that what they're trying to teach you is not (only) whatever's in the books and stuff, but the ability to do mind-numbing and boring repetitive tasks.
So school exists to turn children into factory robots?
FUN.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42568 on: September 03, 2014, 07:02:28 am »

FUN.

have you ever considered the time when schools became a thing that's widely available?

i wonder if it had any influence on the kind of education you receive in that sort of facility

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #42569 on: September 03, 2014, 07:03:31 am »

FUN.

Literally, yes.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.
Pages: 1 ... 2836 2837 [2838] 2839 2840 ... 3345