Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2886 2887 [2888] 2889 2890 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3419477 times)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today:Our "favorite" anniversary Edition
« Reply #43305 on: September 16, 2014, 04:15:03 pm »

Meanwhile our IT technicians are dicks and everything is blocked. They even made us sign a contract that is almost certainly illegal to enforce. Pretty much says that you can only use the computers for work and you can't do so much as plug in a USB drive without permission.

Spoilers: It's because they're not actually very good at their jobs so they're scared of anything they don't already know well[/spoiler]
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today:Our "favorite" anniversary Edition
« Reply #43306 on: September 16, 2014, 04:17:21 pm »

My highschool did the same thing. I used to have lots of fun putting things on to their computers that they didn't know how to fix.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #43307 on: September 16, 2014, 04:19:58 pm »

My highschool did the same thing. I used to have lots of fun putting things on to their computers that they didn't know how to fix.
Virus things or just things that disliked being removed?
I really hope this is a story about that time II installed McAfee.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43308 on: September 16, 2014, 04:20:40 pm »

Well that opportunity is going, since they're replacing the majority of the computers in the school with fucking iPads, of all things.

I know.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #43309 on: September 16, 2014, 04:22:03 pm »

Well that opportunity is going, since they're replacing the majority of the computers in the school with fucking iPads, of all things.

I know.
WAT
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #43310 on: September 16, 2014, 04:22:12 pm »

My school encourages people to bring tablets, but they're not replacing the PCs with them. That's just dumb, as you know.

McAfee is an anti-virus program.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43311 on: September 16, 2014, 04:23:23 pm »

My school encourages people to bring tablets, but they're not replacing the PCs with them. That's just dumb, as you know.

McAfee is an virus.
Fix'd
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #43312 on: September 16, 2014, 04:24:11 pm »

McAfee is an anti-virus program.
I thought it was one of those fake AVs that claim you have six trillion viruses, pretends to fix them, and just generally fucks up your computer?

EDIT: Ninja'd.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #43313 on: September 16, 2014, 04:24:43 pm »

It's more like a story of me putting a VB script in the (shared, for who knows what reason) startup folder and watching as it endlessly typed PENIS onto everyone's screen.

What? I'm a teenager who knows how to computer. Dick jokes are inevitable.
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43314 on: September 16, 2014, 04:27:01 pm »

TEACH ME SENSI
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #43315 on: September 16, 2014, 04:28:17 pm »

Let me rephrase that: McAfee is a useless anti-virus program that uses up a ton of resources and generally does irritating stuff.

Also, I am often tempted to make a Linux boot USB drive just so that I can mess with school computers. I'm too Lawful Good to ever do that, though.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43316 on: September 16, 2014, 04:31:08 pm »

Oh, I did that but nobody noticed so I didn't have motivation enough to do it again. Turns out that in a school the time you have for dicking around playing LCS is rather limited.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #43317 on: September 16, 2014, 04:35:55 pm »

I spent most of my time in school dicking around. I regret it now, but it was fun at the time.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43318 on: September 16, 2014, 04:39:02 pm »

I spent most of my time in school dicking around. I regret it now, but it was fun at the time.
I now wish I went to school with II.

Mostly because happily using my computer and then suddenly get nothing but the word PENIS invade would make my year.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #43319 on: September 16, 2014, 05:41:05 pm »

The multi-part trilogy of Yon Cute Girl continues.

Passed by Cute Girl going somewhere with some dude while I was walking back from class. Made small talk. She asked what class I was coming back from ("philosophy"), if I liked the class("It seems cool, I enjoy it."), if I was done for the day("yeah"). Her parting comment was "Now that you're done, you can go get some sleep." (Because me, her, and my roommates had stayed up until 4 in the morning watching movies last night). Seemed to indicate the small talk was over, so I continued on my way.

...I didn't ask where she was going or what she was doing or if she was done for the day or anything. Why did I not say anything. Why did I not express at least some interest in what she was doing, I'm totally interested and it seems like the polite thing to do and what if I seemed rude or jerkish by not asking fuuuuuuuuu--goddammit I'm bad at socializing.

*facepalm
*headdesk
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.
Pages: 1 ... 2886 2887 [2888] 2889 2890 ... 3345