Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2889 2890 [2891] 2892 2893 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3413502 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today:Our "favorite" anniversary Edition
« Reply #43350 on: September 17, 2014, 12:42:12 pm »

Your baby is now a Tiruator. Terminating in the name of the Tiru, a most Tirrible experience.
One of them will eventually travel to the past to this point, to try and prevent the coming doom.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today:Our "favorite" anniversary Edition
« Reply #43351 on: September 17, 2014, 02:01:50 pm »

Today has been annnoying as fuck for me as well. First, I'm told way too late about a seperate sign-in sheet that was implemented alongside this newfangled swipe card system that we use to punch in that came with the new POS system(a new $30k system so we could finally take credit cards). Apparently, this is how we're paid. The boss never informed me of this. I've already suspected them of short-paying me, and this only reinforces that. I'm making a note to check my paycheck(which I get tomorrow) for any discrepancies.

As I was leaving, the boss gives me crap about leaving the few minutes early I do leave in order to catch the bus. It was not ever a problem before, but now I apparently stay to the point that, God forbid, the bus comes early, I'm stranded for an hour.

And to top it all off, at lunch, that little bitch decides to sit at a table not 10 feet away from me. Plenty of other places to go, but instead she sits in a spot where I can do nothing but glare at her out of the corner of my eye.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #43352 on: September 17, 2014, 02:03:25 pm »

Ah, found an appropriate response.
*FAITH IN HUMANITY has been reduced by 4%.*
Also, this.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #43353 on: September 17, 2014, 02:23:11 pm »

Toady has been annnoying as fuck for me as well.
^ How I read it. My eyes widened.  :o
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43354 on: September 17, 2014, 02:28:27 pm »

Would it be fine if I said there was a slight amount of annoyance with the new DF version available, then?

Because I have other stuff I wanted to do ;).
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #43355 on: September 17, 2014, 03:24:24 pm »

I'm so goddamn bad at everything. So many points of failure in a brand new goddamn computer and the parts that fail are the ones I actually ordered instead of the years-old hard drive or somewhat newer graphics card. Goddamn it.

anzki4

• Bay Watcher
  • On the wings of maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #43356 on: September 17, 2014, 04:09:26 pm »

Oh god, I need to solve crapton of systems of linear equations using gaussian elimination, and while it isn't particularly difficulty, it takes fucking ages. It's just the kind of repetitive task I hate in mathematics. I mean, the first few you solve are quite interesting and I love that moment of realization in mathematics, but multiple in a row: AAAAAAAAAAAARGH! I know repetion is the mother of learning and all that, but still...

EDIT: On a more serious and way more rage-worthy note, fake abortion clinics run by pro-lifers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-ex4Q-z-is Just what the fuck.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 04:16:54 pm by anzki4 »

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43357 on: September 17, 2014, 04:14:54 pm »

Oh god, I need to solve crapton of systems of linear equations using gaussian elimination, and while it isn't particularly difficulty, it takes fucking ages. It's just the kind of repetitive task I hate in mathematics. I mean, the first few you solve are quite interesting and I love that moment of realization in mathematics, but multiple in a row: AAAAAAAAAAAARGH! I know repetion is the mother of learning and all that, but still...
What's that we need to see if you know a thing?
How about you do that thing, oh you know, 20 times or so? The first 2 just weren't enough.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #43358 on: September 17, 2014, 04:27:06 pm »

Incidentally, that sort of math problem is more or less why we have invented spreadsheet programs. Hint. Hint.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43359 on: September 17, 2014, 05:37:29 pm »

So. I'm driving along, finally getting into a decent pace after some nasty traffic. When all of a sudden, I hear this muffled-but-still-loud *boomf!*.

At first I think I hit a bird or something, despite not seeing anything of the sort. Then I check my mirrors and notice cars swerving away from me and bits of rubber getting kicked up at the back of the trailer. A tire had burst, and that meant I needed to pull over immediately.

Of course, I'm miles and miles away from any help. Nothing close enough to limp to, not without risking additional tire bursts (its a very heavy load). Which means I'm stuck here, on the side of this busy freeway, in a shoulder just barely wide enough for my vehicle, and there is nothing I can do but wait for help to arrive.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43360 on: September 17, 2014, 06:13:33 pm »

I can't remember, do you get paid hourly or by the load?  Because that can seriously put a hamper on a good day if it's by the load.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43361 on: September 17, 2014, 06:20:05 pm »

By the mile. So yes, it puts a very large damper on the day.

I might not even be able to make my usual run today, considering I'm 3 hours away from my first stop and will then need to make the return trip. Even if the tire were magically repaired and I got underway this very instant, I wouldn't get off work until 11pm or later and that's assuming I take no breaks whatsoever.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43362 on: September 17, 2014, 10:13:02 pm »

Well, that was fun. Repair guy finally showed up, just after my boss decided that maybe I couldn't finish my route after all and told me to bring the trailer back to our yard once it was fixed.

So on the one hand, I'm home. On the other, I made very little money today and now I'm paranoid that something else will go wrong.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #43363 on: September 17, 2014, 10:48:26 pm »

inb4 toaster becomes sentient, tries to murder
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #43364 on: September 17, 2014, 11:09:10 pm »

What does NAV have to do with this?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.
Pages: 1 ... 2889 2890 [2891] 2892 2893 ... 3345