Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2904 2905 [2906] 2907 2908 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3428387 times)

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today:Our "favorite" anniversary Edition
« Reply #43575 on: September 21, 2014, 03:41:03 pm »

Maybe I should learn some kind of martial art. What's "hitting people with swords" called these days?
Fencing and Kendo
... really? Those both sound pathetic. Guess I'll just go ask John if he can give me some lessons.
* Tawarochir runs InsanityIncarnate through with swords

Don't you be bashing on my sword-fighting.

My name is Inigo Montoya.
I watched that, a while ago. I have never laughed and almost cried in a movie. I love that fucking movie so hard.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today:Our "favorite" anniversary Edition
« Reply #43576 on: September 21, 2014, 03:42:36 pm »

-snip-
I love that fucking movie so hard.
Three of those seven words make that sound like an innuedo.

o_O
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #43577 on: September 21, 2014, 03:45:59 pm »

Maybe I should learn some kind of martial art. What's "hitting people with swords" called these days?
Fencing and Kendo
... really? Those both sound pathetic. Guess I'll just go ask John if he can give me some lessons.
* Tawarochir runs InsanityIncarnate through with swords

Don't you be bashing on my sword-fighting.

My name is Inigo Montoya.
I watched that, a while ago. I have never laughed and almost cried in a movie. I love that fucking movie so hard.
The Holy Mountain is better.

* II makes inquires about fencing lessons.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #43578 on: September 21, 2014, 04:48:13 pm »

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand to go even further on this, my father (who has watched tv for about five hours straight) is allowing me a whopping three hours on my actual computer. That is, the one that isn't the infuriatingly badly-calibrated Kindle Fire I or my almost-featureless 3DS internet browser.

Note the "my" part of "my computer".

EDIT: Here's the real kicker: he just kicked me off, and when I asked him why he can watch TV for like six hours straight but I can only use the computer for three, he responded with a hearty "DON'T YOU ARGUE WITH ME. YOU HEAR ME? DON'T ARGUE."

Great, my dad is a complete fucking self-serving hypocrate. What a great thing for a parent to be!

If everybody in the universe had a character sheet, his would have a big friggin' CHAOTIC EVIL all over the front.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 05:21:44 pm by Tawarochir »
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #43579 on: September 21, 2014, 06:15:44 pm »

Time to start hogging the TV, then.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43580 on: September 21, 2014, 07:54:15 pm »

So the system my state uses for online classes has changed this year.  Now they won't let you copy or paste into the text boxes that you use for writing onto the forums there.  Which would be alright. hooray for preventing plagiarism and all that stupid shit they use to justify it, but my AP European History class requires us to write our ESSAYS there.  The online system also has a REALLY big problem with letting you stay logged on, and I am unable to log directly on, since apparently the password that is used for all the five different parts of the virtual school system doesn't work for the classroom part, so I am forced to log on through another website.  So I write my essay, CTRL-C the whole thing just in case, and then submit.  Apparently they have some error submitting it, and I'm forced to go back.  I try to CTRL-V, and I get nothing.  I try to paste into wordpad, and I just get something that I copied from a facebook post the other day.  I retype my entire essay from memory, and submit.  My session has apparently timed out, so now I have to write the entire fucking thing AGAIN. 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43581 on: September 21, 2014, 08:11:43 pm »

I finally managed to get it submitted. but I am less then happy about what I have.  I liked my first essay.  I had supporting points and everything, along with things like a thesis statement.  But I only have another hour before the deadline, so I can't dedicate time to writing a full essay again.  I'm going to email my teacher and the people in charge of the system to see if I can get something changed. 

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #43582 on: September 21, 2014, 08:21:08 pm »

I build a computer, it's broken. I used old parts for it. Those aren't broken, it's definitely one of the TWO new parts I bought for it. I'm such a failure that I managed to botch a computer build.

Oh, and of course I can't ignore modding. I never do that right. I always somehow manage to release something or another that is completely and utterly broken and only find it when I actually play a bit later. At least that I can fix in seconds and upload to the world. The computer is sitting over there, in this room as a testament to my failure. Come the hell on. This is why I program. Doing something wrong is expected; if you do everything perfectly the first time, you're a god. I can't do anything correctly the first time, so anything that requires that is out of the picture for me.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43583 on: September 21, 2014, 08:25:56 pm »

I build a computer, it's broken. I used old parts for it. Those aren't broken, it's definitely one of the TWO new parts I bought for it. I'm such a failure that I managed to botch a computer build.

Oh, and of course I can't ignore modding. I never do that right. I always somehow manage to release something or another that is completely and utterly broken and only find it when I actually play a bit later. At least that I can fix in seconds and upload to the world. The computer is sitting over there, in this room as a testament to my failure. Come the hell on. This is why I program. Doing something wrong is expected; if you do everything perfectly the first time, you're a god. I can't do anything correctly the first time, so anything that requires that is out of the picture for me.
Computer engineering is overrated.  I had a shit ton of problems with the computer I have now.  It works like a charm now, but it was frustrating to get it to work.  Debugging can get to be frustrating, but it can also at least be relaxing at times.  Not so with hardware.  Hardware problems just makes me want to punch something. 

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #43584 on: September 21, 2014, 10:04:10 pm »

Wishing there was any part of my life where I could do things in whatever way feels natural to me without someone else always stepping in to nitpick or make demands.  I don't understand why almost no one I've ever known can't just leave things alone that don't concern them or don't amount to any trouble until they make it such.  This is the one thing above all that makes me just want to run off and be a mountain hermit or something.  I cannot stand being constantly scrutinized.  I get along just fine when I do things on my own.  I fuck up far more often when I try to do things in a way that someone else will approve of, but doesn't feel natural to me.  And it seems like I have to constantly fight with somebody no matter where, when, or what I'm doing if I'm intent on doing something my own way, even if it shouldn't matter to anybody else.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 10:06:36 pm by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43585 on: September 21, 2014, 10:42:29 pm »

I went to bed 10 hours ago. I couldn't sleep for 10 hours. I have slept exactly six hours out of the last 72. Now I have to go write an exam.

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #43586 on: September 22, 2014, 03:20:41 am »

I went to bed 10 hours ago. I couldn't sleep for 10 hours. I have slept exactly six hours out of the last 72. Now I have to go write an exam.

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Anxiety doing you in m8
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #43587 on: September 22, 2014, 07:03:11 am »

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Anxiety doing you in m8
Check on stresses on you, perhaps? I found stress and unfulfilled obligations to be those that keep me from a good rest--maybe it applies here?

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #43588 on: September 22, 2014, 08:20:27 am »

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Anxiety doing you in m8
Check on stresses on you, perhaps? I found stress and unfulfilled obligations to be those that keep me from a good rest--maybe it applies here?

Orrrr... did you perhaps go to bed an hour or two earlier or later than usual due to the exam?
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43589 on: September 22, 2014, 08:13:59 pm »

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
As opposed many people are to drugs, if this is consistent at times like this, I'd advise anti-anxiety pills if you can get them.

Because whilst they may have some side effects, you're not taking them in the long term, and not fucking up your exams because you're shot at is more important than... I dunno, feeling a little nauseous or something.

Alternately, create many coffee drinks and drink them so you've got more energy than a springer spaniel on speed.

Fun fact: The caffeine of three energy drinks spread across the day leave you a jittery, shakey, anxiety-ridden ball of final-exams-taking student-mess.
Pages: 1 ... 2904 2905 [2906] 2907 2908 ... 3345