Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2905 2906 [2907] 2908 2909 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3383813 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today:Our "favorite" anniversary Edition
« Reply #43590 on: September 22, 2014, 10:42:18 pm »

I went to bed 10 hours ago. I couldn't sleep for 10 hours. I have slept exactly six hours out of the last 72. Now I have to go write an exam.

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
As opposed many people are to drugs, if this is consistent at times like this, I'd advise anti-anxiety pills if you can get them.

Because whilst they may have some side effects, you're not taking them in the long term, and not fucking up your exams because you're shot at is more important than... I dunno, feeling a little nauseous or something.

Alternately, create many coffee drinks and drink them so you've got more energy than a springer spaniel on speed.

Fun fact: The caffeine of three energy drinks spread across the day leave you a jittery, shakey, anxiety-ridden ball of final-exams-taking student-mess.

But on the other hand, the caffeine of two quick frappes plus some spessmen leave you functioning to 5:40 AM when you're a shakey, frustration-ridden ball of student whose allegedly-nation's-top-university-cannot-into-basic-IT-or-avoiding-clerical-errors.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today:Our "favorite" anniversary Edition
« Reply #43591 on: September 23, 2014, 12:35:13 am »

Wow seriously though. I'd taken one energy drink per exam that day. One at 7:00AM, another at 11:00AM and then my last one at 6:00PM.

Never before had I had such anxious energy (and I mean like super anxiety) and no place to put it wow.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #43592 on: September 23, 2014, 12:37:32 am »

Wow seriously though. I'd taken one energy drink per exam that day. One at 7:00AM, another at 11:00AM and then my last one at 6:00PM.

Never before had I had such anxious energy (and I mean like super anxiety) and no place to put it wow.
Stimulants~
Caffeine can kill you! :(
Totally general information, but still, is a nice topic to research in.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43593 on: September 23, 2014, 12:40:27 am »

To be exact, the LD50 of caffeine, the dose that would kill about 50% of the population, is about 175 milligrams per kilogram of human.

And the LD50 of college textbooks is about 2kg per kg.

The more you know~

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #43594 on: September 23, 2014, 12:42:05 am »

I don't think you're supposed to have college textbooks in your bloodstream.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #43595 on: September 23, 2014, 01:42:10 am »

* The Darkling Wolf looks up, takes his textbooks out of the blender. Swigs some more energy drinks instead.

On topic, Mondays and Tuesdays, goddamn horrible schedule that leaves me in town for 12 hours.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Stuebi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43596 on: September 23, 2014, 05:44:14 am »

Last week I got rejected when I asked a girl out for a date. "I'm not ready for a new relationsship yet."

I meet her today at the trainstation accompanied by some guy.

"Oh hai, this is my boyfriend btw. Say hi!"

WE SHALL MEET EACH OTHER IN THE ARENA, LADY!"

*Stuebi goes back to planning his life as an eternal single

On an entirely different and nerdier note, I can't freakazoiding beat the last Brawlers Guild Boss in WoW. Ahoo'Ru made me hate Draenei even MORE. It would be fine if I could get some decent raiddrops to replace my two shitty trinkets, but  droprate says NON!
English isnt my mother language, so feel free to correct me if I make a mistake in my post.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #43597 on: September 23, 2014, 06:24:21 am »

SC2 servers down for patching. Doesn't matter since I'm going to play the campaign, but apparently you can't play that for the Starter Edition when the servers are offline. -.-

Ok, I was going to buy Wings of Liberty anyways. I buy it, and then run the new installer--but nope, my SC2 is still starter version. I have free time and of course it's down plus they won't let me play for no reason at all. Perfectly logical.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #43598 on: September 23, 2014, 06:58:12 am »

You've clearly not been to Uni.
Uni: Eating books to digest their knowledge since 2014

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43599 on: September 23, 2014, 07:10:34 am »

You've clearly not been to Uni.
Uni: Eating books to digest their knowledge since 2014
Through your eyes.

~~~
* Tiruin remembers those days...
Inch(+~) thick books are fun. Rote learning is fun. They are primary tools to defeat the hoop of Uni. ._.
Didn't help that some of the instructors in those days were...less that caring :/ Though, given the student load? It's...understandable.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #43600 on: September 23, 2014, 07:18:44 am »

Shower ran out of water.

I was still rinsing and repeating >.>

Now I'm pretending to have food poisoning because going out with greasy hair is literally being Hitler.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43601 on: September 23, 2014, 07:20:33 am »

Rage: Translations! D:<
Precision in finding that one word for a story or work is quite annoying when the lacking idea isn't in a thesaurus...
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 09:00:05 am by Tiruin »

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43602 on: September 23, 2014, 07:21:14 am »

I found Osmosis to be a particularly good way to gain knowledge in Uni. Just meant I had to keep myself at a lower density of knowledge at all times. Wasn't too hard.

ACTUALY UNIVERSITY TIP: Sleep is important. Sleep helps us cement the knowledge we have learnt through out the day in to our memory. An all night study binge before exams is no good if you don't sleep.

My comment is lacking rage, so have a news story (can't find a good link for it though due to paywall site): Basically, special needs student is being harassed for sex from a co-student, who's known to the school as a semi-suspect in a bunch of different sexual assaults in the school. The school says they can't do anything without evidence, a teacher aid suggests the student agree to meet him in a bathroom, where teachers will be waiting to spring the trap. Instead, he assaults/rapes her in a different location. apparently the Vice Principle was aware of the plane and made no motion to stop it... Just, so much rage here.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #43603 on: September 23, 2014, 08:50:40 am »

Ok, maybe I do really have Nurgle's plague. It's the 5th day I've felt like shit, and my symptoms seem semi-random each day. First it was a head cold that moved into my throat and lungs....and now it's on its way back the other direction. That and I just blew my nose and the color of what came out was.....well, let's just say less rage inducing and more terrifying.

You know I did fly through Atlanta last week.....
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #43604 on: September 23, 2014, 09:00:45 am »

Well, you could check with a doctor...

... or give it another couple days. Fairly common for stuff to take a solid week to walk off.

Just... make sure you're drinking lots of water. If you haven't been, already. Always see people* that's sick say, "I know, I know," and then not drink their goddamn water.

And make sure it's water. Other stuff isn't as good when y'sick.

*Including me, fairly often. Is pain in arse to keep chugging liquids when sick, but need to, you do.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 2905 2906 [2907] 2908 2909 ... 3345