Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2989 2990 [2991] 2992 2993 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3435844 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: The Foot is afoot Edition
« Reply #44850 on: October 20, 2014, 12:45:39 pm »

I feel your molten asphalt pain. I don't know whether it's a blessing or a curse that mine also comes with gale-force winds, though.
Strong winds are in spring. Which means right now. Am in a bay though, so it's kind of protected.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44851 on: October 20, 2014, 12:54:29 pm »

Pssh, get on my temperate maritime climate level scrubs. #AnnualTemperatureRangeofLike30Degrees
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44852 on: October 20, 2014, 12:59:24 pm »

As she was leaving, the supervisor asks me to do garbage, then says don't do it and finish what I'm currently doing when I tell her I don't have time - 10 minutes before I leave myself. A minute later, the other supervisor comes and demands I take the garbage out anyway and takes over my work. So, I haul ass to get the garbage out, slowed down by the fact that the idiot who normally does the garbage doesn't put the liners in right, making it hard to take them out. By the time I'm done, there's no time to change out of uniform since the second I reach the bus stop, the bus is pulling up.

And that's not the end of it. On the way home, there's a huge traffic jam at a problematic intersection, unusual for this time of day. Some idiot didn't want to wait, so he cuts across traffic, hitting someone in the rear. Then he drives off. Because what everyone standing there needed was a traffic accident to slow traffic. The driver of the car he hit might have been hurt. The only good news is the moron's license plate fell off when he drove away, and was recovered by the people he hit.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44853 on: October 20, 2014, 01:24:23 pm »

Getting yelled at because I'd rather spend time at the library, doing something I enjoy, then sitting at home being bored out of my mind, and waiting on the every fucking whim of people who think I'm a god damn butler.

Because, nooooo, the only fucking person in a 5 person family who has a damn job, or a damn car, or does FUCKING ANYTHING isn't allowed to have a single fucking day to themselves.
I'm sorry, I thought the fact that you've been blowing our money, the money I'VE BEEN WORKING TO EARN, on your stupid movies to watch while I'm at work in a hellhole, seemed slightly unfair, seeing as how I ask nothing of people. Or maybe the fact that I soon as I get home, and don't even have time to change out of my work uniform, I'm already getting badgered about food because you're too damn lazy to get your asses up to the fridge, seemed slightly annoying.

But no, I'm the bad guy for pointing out that everyone has been a lazy fucking slob while I'm busting my ass trying to provide for their shitty habits. Because it's my fault that all our money goes to pointless fucking things like movies and fast food, rather than, oh, I dunno, maybe a damn internet connection so I could get an education to get out of this hellhole? Which we could totally afford if people weren't being so fucking stupid with finances.

But everything is my god damn fault. And when I don't want to call them, because I just want to get away from them, I'm being fucking horrible and selfish.

I'm so angry right now I can't even see straight. I'm just going to go cry now.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #44854 on: October 20, 2014, 01:26:21 pm »

If you're the only earner, can't you just... move out? Preferably without telling them your new address? Or at least restrict their access to any kind of funds, if you can do that without them making threats.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #44855 on: October 20, 2014, 01:27:37 pm »

Getting yelled at because I'd rather spend time at the library, doing something I enjoy, then sitting at home being bored out of my mind, and waiting on the every fucking whim of people who think I'm a god damn butler.

Because, nooooo, the only fucking person in a 5 person family who has a damn job, or a damn car, or does FUCKING ANYTHING isn't allowed to have a single fucking day to themselves.
I'm sorry, I thought the fact that you've been blowing our money, the money I'VE BEEN WORKING TO EARN, on your stupid movies to watch while I'm at work in a hellhole, seemed slightly unfair, seeing as how I ask nothing of people. Or maybe the fact that I soon as I get home, and don't even have time to change out of my work uniform, I'm already getting badgered about food because you're too damn lazy to get your asses up to the fridge, seemed slightly annoying.

But no, I'm the bad guy for pointing out that everyone has been a lazy fucking slob while I'm busting my ass trying to provide for their shitty habits. Because it's my fault that all our money goes to pointless fucking things like movies and fast food, rather than, oh, I dunno, maybe a damn internet connection so I could get an education to get out of this hellhole? Which we could totally afford if people weren't being so fucking stupid with finances.

But everything is my god damn fault. And when I don't want to call them, because I just want to get away from them, I'm being fucking horrible and selfish.

I'm so angry right now I can't even see straight. I'm just going to go cry now.
If things are so bad you don't want contact with them, perhaps you should at the very least make sure you are the only one with access to your finances?

Well arx, congratulations, you just ninja'd me.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44856 on: October 20, 2014, 01:27:53 pm »

Not sure how they have access to your funds in the first place. Can't you just, I dunno, make a new checking account that no-one but you have access to?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44857 on: October 20, 2014, 01:29:43 pm »

I don't really have anywhere to go.
I work at a fast food place, so I'd be easy to find.
And the situation isn't exactly that simple, in any case.
But meh.

As far as finances go, I could just flat out lock them away from everyone, but I don't even know what kind of psychotic retribution they'd try if I did.
The Derail Thread

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44858 on: October 20, 2014, 01:31:48 pm »

Wow Mastah, that really sounds like you're caught between a rock and a hard place there. Um. You're in the right here, they really shouldn't treat you like that. People need to learn to appreciate what they fucking have. Like you. You're rad.

What -could- they do if you took away your money from them, which it sounds like they don't deserve. What do they even use it for?

I'm sure your cat army loves you unconditionally. Is it possible to move in with them?

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44859 on: October 20, 2014, 01:44:18 pm »

What -could- they do if you took away your money from them, which it sounds like they don't deserve. What do they even use it for?
As for what they could do, I have no idea. They'd probably steal it, would be my guess. I don't really have anywhere to hide it.
They blow it on fucking fast food every damn day because they don't feel like cooking (and I don't have the energy to do it), and movies/seasons of TV shows to watch while I'm at work. They watch it on a portable DVD player because they won't get up to watch TV, since it's in the next room over.
Yeah.
And it's not like they don't have a damn DS or the laptop while I'm at work. They have plenty of shit to do for fucking free, and they complain about not liking any of it.

I'm sure your cat army loves you unconditionally. Is it possible to move in with them?
I... don't think that would be a possibility...
The Derail Thread

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #44860 on: October 20, 2014, 01:47:01 pm »

Step 1: Acquire bank account, debit card.
Step 2: Give them a monthly budget. They receive this much hard cash. If they exceed that, they starve. Never buy anything without the card.
Step 3: Profit.

This would probably not work, but it's nice to think about.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44861 on: October 20, 2014, 01:48:22 pm »

Wow those are shitty people. I hope it gets figured out. I think I'd, personally, go the private bank account route and treat them like a kid with allowance or something. Either way you deserve better than what you're having to put up with, man.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44862 on: October 20, 2014, 01:53:02 pm »

Step 1: Acquire bank account, debit card.
Step 2: Give them a monthly budget. They receive this much hard cash. If they exceed that, they starve. Never buy anything without the card.
Step 3: Profit.

This would probably not work, but it's nice to think about.
I'm actively considering an arrangement like this.

I'm just so tired of this...

At least they aren't yelling at me now because they're refusing to speak with me.
The Derail Thread

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #44863 on: October 20, 2014, 01:56:24 pm »

Can't you just ditch them?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #44864 on: October 20, 2014, 01:58:18 pm »

I'm in support of Arx's plan if you cannot leave. Although, you'd have to make sure you are the sole person with possession of the card and that they don't try to steal it instead of learning to budget.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 ... 2989 2990 [2991] 2992 2993 ... 3345