Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3011 3012 [3013] 3014 3015 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3426714 times)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: See you in Matrimony Edition
« Reply #45180 on: October 26, 2014, 12:39:32 am »

* Descan vibrates into the room.

Did someone mention trans*? :V

accurate representation of volatile topics on b12 it's not even fucking volatile, it's more of a "check out these bigots" shitfest regarding other places

Trans is a volatile subject on bay12?  aaaaand saw it when I quoted you
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #45181 on: October 26, 2014, 01:01:52 am »

When the trolls come out from 4chan tumblr under the bridge, it is.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #45182 on: October 26, 2014, 01:04:34 am »

Or maybe. Trans is a volatile subject. Which is also. On Bay12. Rather then being a volatile subject on Bay12.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45183 on: October 26, 2014, 01:21:20 am »

I don't really understand why it's such a volitile subject.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #45184 on: October 26, 2014, 01:22:18 am »

Round here? Really isn't so long as nobody says something insulting. We have a pretty large trans population as far as I'm aware.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #45185 on: October 26, 2014, 02:26:56 am »

...When y'all say volatile, I'm thinking Chemistry terms :V

Anyway, its not a 'volatile' subject at all--just what you attribute to it. Like if you attribute D:< and negativity to it, it's going to be volatile because of how you'll present it/continue it given that viewpoint + attributions.

On B12? It ain't a volatile subject. Though pertaining to trolls and other people with lacking understanding? It may be--discrimination and prejudice are caused by narrowmindedness and ignorance. :-\

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #45186 on: October 26, 2014, 03:01:05 am »

It's a volatile subject here because it's a deeply personal issue to many. And even a hint of glibness can start getting people defensive.

Full disclosure: I'm often confused about the distinctions these days myself. So I just avoid getting involved in the conversation for the most part.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #45187 on: October 26, 2014, 03:05:58 am »

I honestly don't see why "gender identity" or whatever is such a big deal in the first place. How does it work, anyway? Do people just convince themselves they should have different... bits?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #45188 on: October 26, 2014, 03:07:42 am »

Just uh. Agree with and do your best to remember what they want to be called and don't be an ass about it?

Issue solved. Now if people would actually follow the plan.

I honestly don't see why "gender identity" or whatever is such a big deal in the first place. How does it work, anyway? Do people just convince themselves they should have different... bits?

Problem is that gender is tied with sex (hint: it's not) and is thus assigned at birth while the child may grow up to feel differently. It's a brain thing, not a genitals thing. When it comes to gender.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #45189 on: October 26, 2014, 03:19:24 am »

That just seems impractical.
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #45190 on: October 26, 2014, 03:22:23 am »

Yeah, the fact that we cannot yet issue medical operations on brains is impractical. *sarcasm*
._.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #45191 on: October 26, 2014, 03:27:13 am »

Well, it is, technically. There are loads of mental disorders that could be treated if that were the case.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #45192 on: October 26, 2014, 03:36:39 am »

Well, it is, technically. There are loads of mental disorders that could be treated if that were the case.

Epilepsy is one! Just sever that sweet, sweet corpus collosum and deal with only being able to recognize faces with one eyeball and names with another in exchange for no more grand mal seizures!

And when I said brain, I meant mental. Come on fellas.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #45193 on: October 26, 2014, 03:44:32 am »

The short answer is that we're not sure and it probably varies, but several studies have shown noticeable differences in transgendered brains compared to various control groups. That seems to suggest that it's a fairly innate structural issue in at least some cases.

Yeah, the fact that we cannot yet issue medical operations on brains is impractical. *sarcasm*
We can, just not to that extent.

Of course, even if we could there'd be all sorts of controversy about whether we should.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #45194 on: October 26, 2014, 03:52:28 am »

The short answer is that we're not sure and it probably varies, but several studies have shown noticeable differences in transgendered brains compared to various control groups. That seems to suggest that it's a fairly innate structural issue in at least some cases.
Ooooh... kay. I feel like pursuing this topic will make me look like more of an arsehole than usual, so I'll just leave that as it is.
Pages: 1 ... 3011 3012 [3013] 3014 3015 ... 3345