Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3030 3031 [3032] 3033 3034 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3419055 times)

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Take a deep breath Edition
« Reply #45465 on: October 29, 2014, 08:08:52 am »

You should take bets for it.
I'm going to place in a bet for 'General Misconduct' at a 2/1 rate thank you.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #45466 on: October 29, 2014, 08:12:27 am »

If you don't need her for a reference, and it sounds like you won't want her for one, I would just walk off during a particularly busy night and leave a note.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45467 on: October 29, 2014, 08:16:52 am »

Dishwasher.
I'm not going to quit, I'm going to stay until she imagines up some reason to fire me.
Careful with that. When trying to get a new job it doesn't look good that you got arbitrarily fired from the last one, unless you are not planning to put this on your resume, which would be fine then to sought after the higher payment of being fired over quitting.

Now you may not think that washing dishes might be something to put on a resume. But trust me, every bit counts and tells a more complete picture of yourself. If someone were to read mine it would say that I'm not above sweeping floors and washing bathrooms but also not bellow administrating enterprise networks. I like to think (and some people have told me I'm right) that jobs like that reflect a working and humble character on a professional resume, something that depending on the evaluator might give you some extra points.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 11:22:46 am by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #45468 on: October 29, 2014, 08:53:21 am »

An hour drive turned into a 2 hour drive, because Massachusetts doesn't understand how fucking interstates and highway are supposed to work, and they're shit cramming tons of drivers into tiny, inadequate turn pikes. Took forty goddamn minutes just to skirt the edge of Concord. They have stop lights and roundabouts on their freeways. WTF! The entire reason for the traffic jams was three stoplights that served like 5 cars going the other direction. Meanwhile traffic backed up 10 miles on, you know, the route hundreds of people are traveling on per minute. It's called an on ramp, you morons.

Glad I rightly decided to leave 4 hours before my flight. Amazed I didn't rear end anyone on bumper to bumper traffic after only 4 hours of sleep.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 08:57:06 am by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45469 on: October 29, 2014, 09:19:41 am »

They have stop lights and roundabouts on their freeways. WTF!
...  what.

Well, that cinches it; not going to Massachusetts. 

Living in Illinois I get frustrated enough with Mile After Magnificent Mile Of Road Construction blocking up all the traffic.   

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #45470 on: October 29, 2014, 09:20:46 am »

... mammorc? Illinois roads are the orc's tits?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #45471 on: October 29, 2014, 09:21:52 am »

An hour drive turned into a 2 hour drive, because Massachusetts doesn't understand how fucking interstates and highway are supposed to work, and they're shit cramming tons of drivers into tiny, inadequate turn pikes. Took forty goddamn minutes just to skirt the edge of Concord. They have stop lights and roundabouts on their freeways. WTF! The entire reason for the traffic jams was three stoplights that served like 5 cars going the other direction. Meanwhile traffic backed up 10 miles on, you know, the route hundreds of people are traveling on per minute. It's called an on ramp, you morons.

Glad I rightly decided to leave 4 hours before my flight. Amazed I didn't rear end anyone on bumper to bumper traffic after only 4 hours of sleep.
That seems pretty accurate, judging by my time in Boston.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45472 on: October 29, 2014, 09:22:45 am »

... mammorc? Illinois roads are the orc's tits?

Lol, this is so going in the funny thread.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #45473 on: October 29, 2014, 11:41:18 am »

I'll say this about their roads though: smooth as a baby's ass for the most part. They really put ther toll funds to good use (unlike Illinois which, as previously noted, is 90% under construction most of the year, forever and always.) Being from a state with no toll roads, I thought most roads in US were grooved,undulating rivers of discomfort.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #45474 on: October 29, 2014, 12:55:01 pm »

My brother is 24. His girlfriend is 18. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand she's pregnant. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND she's being a huge bitch about it. Immediately quit her job the moment she knew, leaving just three people working shitty jobs with shitty taxes to support a family of 7 in a house that's insulated with well-wishes and spit during Autumn/extended winter. She just sits around and watches Netflix, eating up the internet that this family is working overtime, every day, every week, just to get. And it shows no signs of stopping...
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45475 on: October 29, 2014, 01:04:29 pm »

My brother is 24. His girlfriend is 18. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand she's pregnant. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND she's being a huge bitch about it. Immediately quit her job the moment she knew, leaving just three people working shitty jobs with shitty taxes to support a family of 7 in a house that's insulated with well-wishes and spit during Autumn/extended winter. She just sits around and watches Netflix, eating up the internet that this family is working overtime, every day, every week, just to get. And it shows no signs of stopping...
So she quit before maternity leave became valid? That's a pretty awful idea.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45476 on: October 29, 2014, 01:07:06 pm »

Dishwasher.
I'm not going to quit, I'm going to stay until she imagines up some reason to fire me.
Careful with that. When trying to get a new job it doesn't look good that you got arbitrarily fired from the last one, unless you are not planning to put this on your resume, which would be fine then to sought after the higher payment of being fired over quitting.

At the very least, I'm waiting to get my paycheck tomorrow to see if I can still pay rent on my reduced hours.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #45477 on: October 29, 2014, 01:12:53 pm »

So she quit before maternity leave became valid? That's a pretty awful idea.
And she doesn't even look pregnant and she's sitting on her ass doing nothing but being a huge load and complaining for example, once my brother went into my mum's room while my mum was sick with a cold. Immediately, "Don't go near her, she's sick, you'll get me sick!". I'm sick (no pun intended) and tired of her.
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45478 on: October 29, 2014, 01:23:03 pm »

sounds like it's time to throw somebody down a flight of stairs

it's for the kid's own good

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45479 on: October 29, 2014, 01:28:33 pm »

sounds like it's time to throw somebody down a flight of stairs

it's for the kid's own good
Spoiler: Serious question (click to show/hide)

I hope you don't have any enemies with cyborg friends.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 ... 3030 3031 [3032] 3033 3034 ... 3345