Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3080 3081 [3082] 3083 3084 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3418263 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Someone Save mastahcheese Edition
« Reply #46215 on: November 12, 2014, 04:37:37 pm »

Different sellers, different time of year, different transport conditions, different products... all sorts of stuff can impact shipping time. No telling what it is this time.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Someone Save mastahcheese Edition
« Reply #46216 on: November 12, 2014, 04:52:15 pm »

Alot of people are ordering shit for Christmas, alot of transport companies have taken alot of their vehicles off work for maintenance so they dont break while they have to do shit for Christmas, and theres probably a backlog already, coinciding with the lesser quantity of vehicles to transport, all of which probably equals the slowdown on your thing.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #46217 on: November 12, 2014, 04:53:53 pm »

Alot of people are ordering shit for Christmas, alot of transport companies have taken alot of their vehicles off work for maintenance so they dont break while they have to do shit for Christmas, and theres probably a backlog already, coinciding with the lesser quantity of vehicles to transport, all of which probably equals the slowdown on your thing.

Plus Amazon is already doing pre-Black Friday Sales, so I'm sure they're already backed up.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #46218 on: November 12, 2014, 04:55:29 pm »

... that's coming up soonish, isn't it? I've forgotten when thanksgiving is, again...
Ask not!
Ask!

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46219 on: November 12, 2014, 04:58:00 pm »

In about a week, yah.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46220 on: November 12, 2014, 04:58:33 pm »

... that's coming up soonish, isn't it? I've forgotten when thanksgiving is, again...
Always the fourth Thursday in November, it's the 27th this year.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #46221 on: November 12, 2014, 05:03:48 pm »

Ah, cheers. Until I forget again next year, then.
Ask not!
Ask!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #46222 on: November 12, 2014, 05:22:41 pm »

With or without beta patch?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #46223 on: November 12, 2014, 05:23:28 pm »

OK, CK II is just completely off the list of games I can play.

DEP WASN'T causing the crashes, it was just taking credit for it. It's just crashing of its own fucking accord.
You tried checking the file integrity since, unless you are playing an old version, it needs steam? Might be a corrupted file.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46224 on: November 12, 2014, 05:24:48 pm »

OK, CK II is just completely off the list of games I can play.

DEP WASN'T causing the crashes, it was just taking credit for it. It's just crashing of its own fucking accord.
How much memory does you're computer have anyway? 2GB? IF so, you're best waiting off for most mods to update
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #46225 on: November 12, 2014, 05:29:08 pm »

2gb, no mods running.

I want that flat map mod that helps performance, but guess what doesn't seem to be getting updated at all?

I'm wondering if the recent patches have coincided with my PC's slow degradation to cause it to run out of free RAM or something.
Looks like it's RAM then. All I can suggest is disabling some of the DLCs, see if it helps as you'll be using less RAM.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #46226 on: November 12, 2014, 05:30:34 pm »

Have you tried turning off trees?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Someone Save mastahcheese Edi
« Reply #46227 on: November 12, 2014, 05:30:53 pm »

I really need to actually find an IRC client that my cruddy iPod can use, since my laptop is screwed.
I've got Mango Lite. It's not brilliant (you have to buy the full version to use landscape), but it works and is compatible with iOS 4 and above. Checking the appstore, it seems that IRC999, compatible with iOS 3 and above, is getting good ratings too. It downloaded almost instantly, I'm testing it now.
I have a first generation iPod.
It's that old.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Octobomb

• Bay Watcher
  • I like pens
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Someone Save mastahcheese Edi
« Reply #46228 on: November 12, 2014, 05:38:47 pm »

I really need to actually find an IRC client that my cruddy iPod can use, since my laptop is screwed.
I've got Mango Lite. It's not brilliant (you have to buy the full version to use landscape), but it works and is compatible with iOS 4 and above. Checking the appstore, it seems that IRC999, compatible with iOS 3 and above, is getting good ratings too. It downloaded almost instantly, I'm testing it now.
I have a first generation iPod.
It's that old.
Some quick googling suggests that it then is either running ios 3 or 4, so you'll be able o get at least irc999.
I saw 5 people with fedoras in my town yesterday.
They're the special biohazard containment agent, out to deal with m'laria.
Sig
Bay12's resident tea drinkers

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46229 on: November 12, 2014, 05:40:06 pm »

2gb, no mods running.

I want that flat map mod that helps performance, but guess what doesn't seem to be getting updated at all?

I'm wondering if the recent patches have coincided with my PC's slow degradation to cause it to run out of free RAM or something.
It was rajas of india that did the performance hit actually, with the extra provinces it brought with it. My advice would be to avoid vanilla until you get a ram upgrade, which means that mods are your primary go-to and you'd either have to wait for updates to them, or roll back to 2.1.6.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll
Pages: 1 ... 3080 3081 [3082] 3083 3084 ... 3345