Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3088 3089 [3090] 3091 3092 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3572379 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Back To Your Regular Rage Edition
« Reply #46335 on: November 15, 2014, 12:26:25 pm »

So what? Solve for x in the general case! For ax^2 + bx + c = 0 this would be x = -b/(2a) ± sqrt((b/2)^2 - c), for example. What kind of exercises do you have to do? Algebra, analysis, geometry?
I have to do exactly the kind of exercises you just gave the general case for :P
(except that we learned sqrt(b^2-4ac)/2a instead of what you have written down).
I'm mainly pissed at this because there's two big French tests next week, plus a big Chemistry test.
... I'll happily note that the sort of scenario you just dealt with is a perfect one for whipping out the ol' spreadsheet program. Repetitive calculations become a lot less painful when it's turned into simple data entry :P
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Back To Your Regular Rage Edition
« Reply #46336 on: November 15, 2014, 02:58:21 pm »

Very tempted to call today off. Ankle is killing me, truck is nowhere to be found, and no one bothered to let me know it would be running late.

It was a little over an HOUR late yesterday, again with no warning. I don't really feel like dealing with that again, especially not on a Saturday. I even gave the other guy my phone number so he could get in touch with me when this stuff happens, but no luck.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #46337 on: November 15, 2014, 03:34:40 pm »

It's snowed, and I have to go shovel at some point. I'm just going to rage preemptively before doing it.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46338 on: November 15, 2014, 03:40:08 pm »

rage while doing it you goof

it's like you have no idea how fast time flies when you're raging at the whole world and aggressively shoveling snow around

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46339 on: November 15, 2014, 03:49:07 pm »

It's snowed, and I have to go shovel at some point. I'm just going to rage preemptively before doing it.

Think of it this way - shoveling burns roughly as many calories as running for the same amount of time.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #46340 on: November 15, 2014, 03:56:04 pm »

But it provides exercise to your arms and back which you wouldn't get in as significant an amount from running.

Or back injuries...

Or breaking the shovel. That's when its time to rage.

Recently I was smashing open the ice in the horses' water pond, when I slipped and fell in. Very cold, very infuriating. So I took my anger out on it with my ice breaker, until the plastic handle came off the end, and finally the wooden shaft split in half, leaving me swinging a pointy bit of wood. The metal wedge had to be fished out of the pond, while I went to thaw my feet. So much fucking fuck.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #46341 on: November 15, 2014, 03:59:35 pm »

Basically what he said.

My back ends up as a knotted cord of steel after shoveling, even with good form.

That feel when you run a shovel along the pavement collecting snow, then it JAMS into an uneven slab, makes me want to kill someone.

Snow that has been compacted into ice also makes me want to inflict mortal harm on something, although no ice this time.

That and I left my snow boots at my former house. Not that I need them, but it does make the experience a lot less miserable when your sneakers aren't soaked through and cold. It's really light snow right now but it presages worse to come.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #46342 on: November 15, 2014, 04:33:50 pm »

Huh, hadn't heard of that. Just read about it.

Well, that's a stupid debate.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #46343 on: November 15, 2014, 04:57:36 pm »

Just got back to playing DF (introducing myself to the latest version), have a pretty rocking fort made so far, and just before my first year ends, the game crashes. Last time I saved was on embark.

* Itnetlolor smashes his head into the desk

And it was going so well too.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46344 on: November 15, 2014, 07:05:03 pm »

I like snow. And shoveling.

Except wet snow, and ice, and the shit thrown into the driveway when the plow comes by.

And the fact that I am the only offspring out of five who ever seems to do it.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46345 on: November 15, 2014, 09:21:03 pm »

Ten and a half hours later, I'm finally back home from the hospital. I'm pretty sure at this point I'm past the stage of boredom you can come back from easily.
Why were you at the hospital, if you're willing to share?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46346 on: November 15, 2014, 09:22:46 pm »

From earlier today:
You know what's fun?
Getting woken up at 5:30 am on the morning in the weekend and being told that you will spend the next six and a half hours ay the hospital doing nothing. Reaaaally fun.
/sarcasm

Basically, my mom had to get some surgery to fix a vein in her foot, all of my sisters went to my aunt's house, my mom forgot to account for me staying home alone and brought me with her.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #46347 on: November 15, 2014, 09:23:55 pm »

Actual reason given was that C's mother had doctory stuff and, being a psychotic nutcase, decided to haul C along instead of some other option.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46348 on: November 15, 2014, 09:45:39 pm »

I'm sick and fucking tired of bending over backward to help someone, going way above and beyond the call, only to have them be a complete fuckface to me. I'm fucking done. I need to get out of retail.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46349 on: November 15, 2014, 09:48:57 pm »

Have you thought about going into bulk?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.
Pages: 1 ... 3088 3089 [3090] 3091 3092 ... 3345