Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3196 3197 [3198] 3199 3200 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3381963 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Steam-ing Pile of Edition
« Reply #47955 on: December 24, 2014, 08:43:17 am »

There's not many mindless activity that can take long period amount of time, is enjoyable, and doesn't result in you getting sunburnt.
Reading.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #47956 on: December 24, 2014, 08:44:22 am »

There's not many mindless activity that can take long period amount of time, is enjoyable, and doesn't result in you getting sunburnt.
Reading.
Mayhaps a good dose of DF?
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47957 on: December 24, 2014, 08:45:06 am »

Personally I find everybody who takes longer than five minutes to finish a meal to be a freak.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #47958 on: December 24, 2014, 08:51:22 am »

Reading.
*And make you talk to other people
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #47959 on: December 24, 2014, 09:02:03 am »

Personally I find everybody who takes longer than five minutes to finish a meal to be a freak.
That's actually one of the reasons eating is seen as a social activity -- the talking makes the folks involved eat slower.

Which is... generally a good thing. Better for digestion, folks eating are usually less likely to overeat, etc. There's actually an argument that communal eating is an evolved trait of some sort for precisely such reasons, iirc. It's a completely bullshit argument because it's entirely untestable, but it's there :V
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #47960 on: December 24, 2014, 09:44:07 am »

Reading.
*And make you talk to other people
If you do it like my friends and I do, bowling
We do it as more social than actually bowling. I think we just need a reason to get together and not so much let's see who's better at bowling. Especialy since none of us acctualy try to be at eachother it's just a who has a better 'natural'(maybe that's the right word) skill at bowling......
Or there's always playing some table top games with other people, those can be mindless depending on what game it is.
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #47961 on: December 24, 2014, 10:19:24 am »

Yeah, we normally do some contemporary songs as well. For Christmas, though, it's traditional organ and a couple of hundred people singing at the tops of their voices.

The youth group has a pool table and dart board, too.

Yeah, I think the christmas stuff is more traditional (in fact, the choir just got back from singing in Austria), but I wouldn't be surprised if there was still a bit of contemporary in there as well. Don't think their pipe organ proper works, though. Electric/mechanical organs work, but that pipe organ.

And my old/current church (still officially a member, but haven't been in a long time) had a couple of game systems as well as pool and such for the youth.

Ugh, I hate when churches - here, at least - try to use 'modern' songs. Stuff written for organs is at least somewhat musically interesting, even if you know the organist is having to half-ass it to make it singable to by people with zero familiarity with music, and when the people leave, the organist sometimes goes wild.

With guitar it's... eh... some doofus with an acoustic guitar banging out four chords to a horribly written song, because WE'RE STILL RELEVANT, DAMMIT!
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #47962 on: December 24, 2014, 10:24:36 am »

Then your church is doing it wrong differently. It helps that my family is a roaming band - we can set up drums, acoustic guitar, electric guitar, bass guitar, saxophone and lead vocalist easily and immediately. Four chord acoustic is, I agree, terrible.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #47963 on: December 24, 2014, 10:52:47 am »

Then your church is doing it wrong differently. It helps that my family is a roaming band - we can set up drums, acoustic guitar, electric guitar, bass guitar, saxophone and lead vocalist easily and immediately. Four chord acoustic is, I agree, terrible.

....are you the Partridge Family from that 60's show I saw that one time?
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47964 on: December 24, 2014, 11:19:51 am »

My church (I prefer to call it my mom's church because she's the only reason I have to attend) does something that's like a fusion of the four chords acoustic and more traditional music that is actually not unpleasant.

When they occasionally go full four chords it's fucking painful though - can someone at least do the 50s chords instead of the "Don't Stop Believing" set?
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #47965 on: December 24, 2014, 11:54:40 am »

The 3G and wifi on my phone both stopped working last night, so I won't have any internet access at all while I'm at my family's. It's a Christmas miracle!

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #47966 on: December 24, 2014, 11:56:51 am »

Haha, puny mortals having to go to Church :P

Even when I went to Church regularly, I never went on Christmas.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #47967 on: December 24, 2014, 12:06:46 pm »

Christmas shall henceforth be known as International Family-Obligated Consumerism Day!
Ain't that right, I've been being bugged all month to buy stuff for people.

I just made it clear to everyone a few years ago that the only person I'm buying gifts for is my niece (who's currently 5) and asked everyone not to buy gifts for me.

I don't care if it makes me look like a grinch, christmas is such a disgusting wasteful mess and I refuse to participate in the madness.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #47968 on: December 24, 2014, 12:09:42 pm »

Christmas shall henceforth be known as International Family-Obligated Consumerism Day!

I just made it clear to everyone a few years ago that the only person I'm buying gifts for is my niece (who's currently 5) and asked everyone not to buy gifts for me.

I don't care if it makes me look like a grinch, christmas is such a disgusting wasteful mess and I refuse to participate in the madness.
.-.
Weird type of Christmas there  :-\
It's more of family-family here ._.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #47969 on: December 24, 2014, 12:16:20 pm »

.-.
Weird type of Christmas there  :-\
It's more of family-family here ._.
Wait, Christmas already passed? Crap, I didn't notice! :'(
._.
Pages: 1 ... 3196 3197 [3198] 3199 3200 ... 3345